d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Thor Ragnarok
Prev1131415161722Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
Nov 20 2017 04:39pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 20 2017 03:09pm)
First two seasons of House of Cards, Narcos, Bojack Horseman, Stranger Things and Mind Hunters alone have been good enough to justify the mountains of shit that Netflix comes out with. People also LOVE Orange is the New Black. I haven't watched it, but the wife is a huge fan. I've also heard people rave about Unbreakable Kimmy and Master of None. It's not just binge worthy good shit, it's actually good for almost anywhere. Not HBO quality, but above network television (AMC), better than Amazon/Hulu so far, 11.22.63 was sick, but it was the only good Hulu one I've seen, and it had another shit-tastic King ending, like most his books do.

I'm not saying Netflix doesn't have good stuff, I'm just saying the mediocre stuff succeeds (at least for me) because of that model. Like I'd probably have never finished Luke Cage, or Atypical or others if not for bingeability.

However Amazon releasing like 4 episodes every 6 months is just... Like who even cares anymore at that point.

E:
The Tick

S1E1 - August 2016
S1E2 - S1E6 - August 2017
S1E7 - S1E8 - February 2018
S1E9 - S1E12 - TBD

Like seriously fuck it, I enjoyed 1-6 but I don't care about it anymore and probably won't watch it again.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Nov 20 2017 04:48pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 20 2017 04:49pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Nov 20 2017 02:39pm)
I'm not saying Netflix doesn't have good stuff, I'm just saying the mediocre stuff succeeds (at least for me) because of that model. Like I'd probably have never finished Luke Cage, or Atypical or others if not for bingeability.

However Amazon releasing like 4 episodes every 6 months is just... Like who even cares anymore at that point.

Ouch, that's fucking painful. I'm terrible with shoes lately. I just stop watching shows and never go back to them if they bore me. Cage/Iron Fist/Defenders all got turned off, 2-8 episodes through and I'll never bother trying to watch them again. Watched the first episode of Punisher last night, and I'll probably watch it, but it's already pissing me off. I get it that you're on the Marvel hype train, but if you want to do a show about a guy who acts nothing like The Punisher, just don't call it The Punisher? Call it anything else, killer guy, I don't give a fuck, and people would probably still watch it, but this casting choice was just fucking laughable.
Gold: Locked
Nov 20 2017 04:50pm
Going to see the movie again probably, since no good movies are out right now...zzzzz
Nov 20 2017 05:00pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Nov 20 2017 03:50pm)
Going to see the movie again probably, since no good movies are out right now...zzzzz

Of course you will.
Nov 20 2017 05:03pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Nov 20 2017 07:00pm)
Of course you will.

I mean at least there is no superhero like Superman who can literally take on anyone at any time... Like that's a smart thing to do, literally an indestructible hero. Wow what a cool movie knowing you have something unstoppable and have the villain being a little bitch.
Dc have a lot of work to catch up to Marvel.
Nov 20 2017 05:11pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Nov 20 2017 04:03pm)
I mean at least there is no superhero like Superman who can literally take on anyone at any time... Like that's a smart thing to do, literally an indestructible hero. Wow what a cool movie knowing you have something unstoppable and have the villain being a little bitch.
Dc have a lot of work to catch up to Marvel.

You realize that all the heroes in Marvel movies are unstoppable right? None of them ever run into any trouble with the villian. The only "drama" is internal conflict within the group. It's boring as shit.

Ahh we could easily stop the bad guy but we need to spend half the movie angry at Tony! What a city is falling, guess we better go stop the bad guy.

Also as for "no good movies out" why not see wonder? The most critically acclaimed movie in theaters right now, but no explosions so you'd get bored right?
Nov 20 2017 05:18pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Nov 20 2017 07:11pm)
You realize that all the heroes in Marvel movies are unstoppable right? None of them ever run into any trouble with the villian. The only "drama" is internal conflict within the group. It's boring as shit.

Ahh we could easily stop the bad guy but we need to spend half the movie angry at Tony! What a city is falling, guess we better go stop the bad guy.

Also as for "no good movies out" why not see wonder? The most critically acclaimed movie in theaters right now, but no explosions so you'd get bored right?

Actually wonder is a good suggestion, forgot about it.
And no marvel hero in the current movies are as strong as superman. Like not even close, since Superman can literally do everything rofl. It's just stupid fucking writing really :rofl:
Gold: 15,241.22
Nov 20 2017 05:25pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Nov 20 2017 06:18pm)
And no marvel hero in the current movies are as strong as superman. Like not even close, since Superman can literally do everything rofl. It's just stupid fucking writing really :rofl:

If hes unbeatable then how come he died at the last movie?
Nov 20 2017 05:40pm
Quote (seifersan @ Nov 20 2017 07:25pm)

Yeah his "one" weakness lol... What an even shittier storyline
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 20 2017 06:06pm
Quote (chelsea11 @ Nov 20 2017 03:18pm)

It doesn't matter if they're "as strong" as Superman, it's still just as pointless/broken as Superman is lol. Like he said, they NEVER run into any conflict. There's never an actually tense moment, since it's the same shit over and fucking over. You're a good guy, and I'm a good guy, but I don't like the way you go about being a good guy, it's different than how I'm a good guy. We can't/won't work together, and the bad guys are doing bad guy things because of our problems, but I still can't do your good guy things that good guy way. Oh no, bad guy is going to do super bad guy things, and the only way to stop him is if we put our good guy stuff aside, and good guy team up. Good guy stops bad guy, cheesy one-liners double/triple during good-guy team period.

The Marvel universe is just dead for me. Unless they go hard with Thanos and just start killing off dozens of heroes, I'm never going to give a shit. It's just impossible to care when it's the same thing over and over, and when it's even the same kind of jokes, same kind of villains, same kind of EVERYTHING over and over. You just bash the fuck out of DC because you're a Marvel fanboy, but it's the same shit man. You disliking DC because Superman is OP, makes no fucking sense. While Marvel characters may not be as strong, they have the exact same fucking plot/hero armor that Superman does, that makes it painfully pointless.

Quote (seifersan @ Nov 20 2017 03:25pm)

He's unbeatable because he always comes back to life, and usually 100x stronger than before. They made Doomsday look retarded, but he did actually kill Superman. Doomsday is one of the most broken villains of all time. His whole shtick is that he's INSANELY strong, and that no matter what you do to him, he just gets stronger. He can be defeated, but each time he's defeated, he comes back to life, but now he's stronger and 100% immune to the thing that killed him last time. DC loves broken shit, but then again, they're going to do Infinity Glove Thanos in Marvel, which is like top 10 broken all-time characters in the DC/Marvel universe.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Nov 20 2017 06:09pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1131415161722Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll