d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Who Is Kirstjen Nielson? > Probable D H S Secretary
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 152.00
Oct 11 2017 01:38pm
Kirstjen Nielsen is an expert in homeland and national security policy, strategy, and assessment, with a focus in the areas of critical infrastructure protection, including cyber security, preparedness, response and incident management, information sharing, risk assessment, trend analysis and risk management, organizational development, stakeholder requirement analysis, outreach and communication, and training and exercise programs.
Ms. Nielsen also assesses and analyzes various entities’ preparedness for all hazard events and develops recommendations and corrective actions to address any gaps or inefficiencies.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 11 2017 01:51pm
She's kinda hot.
Gold: 2,094.99
Oct 11 2017 01:56pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Oct 11 2017 02:51pm)
She's kinda hot.

Oct 11 2017 02:05pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Oct 11 2017 02:56pm)

To each their own.
Gold: 2,094.99
Oct 11 2017 02:21pm
Quote (Surfpunk @ Oct 11 2017 03:05pm)
To each their own.

I wasn’t disagreeing, haha. I googled her after reading your comment & my initial reaction was naaaaah...then it changed to ehhhh....welllll....yeah....kinda. Hence the gif, haha.
Gold: 10.77
Oct 11 2017 02:33pm
Quote (murder567 @ Oct 11 2017 12:37pm)
I was looking for more along the lines of:

Seems like she's an expert in quite a lot despite only being 45. Where did she learn everything you could possibly need to know about national security? How does one analyze preparedness "for all hazard events?" What of her background makes her qualified to lead the DHS?

But thank you for providing her current job title, that was a big help.

Sigh.

She was the senior director for prevention, preparedness and response at the White House Homeland Security Council under Bush. She also ran the Transportation Security Administration's offices of legislative policy and government affairs. She graduated from the Georgetown School of Foreign Service and the University of Virginia Law School. Her private consulting firm was founded after years of public service.

edit: also your age discrimination thing is pretty silly. She's 45! I'm 37 and have worked for several of the largest NGOs on the planet, ran a development division for the United Nations High Commission for Refugees, made partner at a top consulting firm where I am in charge of around 40,000 people every other year, and where I manage multimillion dollar campaigns to pass laws like Amendment 64 in Colorado, Measure 91 in Oregon, minimum wage increases in several states, predatory lending laws in seven states, renewable portfolio standards in three states, etc. How could I possibly have directly influenced your life and the lives of most of the people on PaRD while only being 37!?

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Oct 11 2017 02:40pm
Oct 11 2017 02:43pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Oct 11 2017 03:21pm)
I wasn’t disagreeing, haha. I googled her after reading your comment & my initial reaction was naaaaah...then it changed to ehhhh....welllll....yeah....kinda. Hence the gif, haha.

:thumbsup:
Gold: 3,260.00
Oct 11 2017 02:51pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 11 2017 04:33pm)
Sigh.

She was the senior director for prevention, preparedness and response at the White House Homeland Security Council under Bush. She also ran the Transportation Security Administration's offices of legislative policy and government affairs. She graduated from the Georgetown School of Foreign Service and the University of Virginia Law School. Her private consulting firm was founded after years of public service.

edit: also your age discrimination thing is pretty silly. She's 45! I'm 37 and have worked for several of the largest NGOs on the planet, ran a development division for the United Nations High Commission for Refugees, made partner at a top consulting firm where I am in charge of around 40,000 people every other year, and where I manage multimillion dollar campaigns to pass laws like Amendment 64 in Colorado, Measure 91 in Oregon, minimum wage increases in several states, predatory lending laws in seven states, renewable portfolio standards in three states, etc. How could I possibly have directly influenced your life and the lives of most of the people on PaRD while only being 37!?

Fair enough, but she is the youngest nominee ever for the position. Other note: Thank you for being an active participant in civics we need more people like you!

That being said, you listed many accomplishments that you have achieved, such as specific laws you have worked to pass and what you have done in your various positions, and I have not seen any from her.

I have only found titles and timelines of her professional career, but little to no information on what she actually worked on.

What policies did she enact/support at the TSA? Full body scans? Random searches? Banned items lists?

What did she work on as a security advisor to Bush? I found some info that said she may have been involved with Katrina relief efforts. Did she have any positions on the War on Terror? What policies did she support in terms of drones/boots on the ground? What did she think of disbanding the Iraqi military? What does she think about the NSA and personal liberties? What is her position on mass collection of data?

For someone who has worked in and with government for her entire career, I can't find any actual positions that she holds on issues. I can't find any projects or achievements that she made in any of her jobs. Was she just there? A warm body in the meetings?

Gold: 10.77
Oct 11 2017 02:54pm
I think it's pretty safe to assume she's a Bushite through and through. Project for a New American Century is written all over her.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Oct 11 2017 02:55pm
Gold: 3,260.00
Oct 11 2017 02:57pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 11 2017 04:54pm)
I think it's pretty safe to assume she's a Bushite through and through. Project for a New American Century is written all over her.

That's the same conclusion I have come too.

Thanks for the stimulating conversation and challenging my assumptions of age and/or public servitude.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll