people have done sc climbs in 38minutes , there is quicker teams then partypoopers
We do 3 man hc climbs in 60-70 minutes .. i do solo climbs 3h - 4 in hardcore on most classes . it took me around 10 years to get to this point. (big fishes, good glyphs, suffusing comfreys , transmuting items to lvl 55. ..) You complain after a week ?
for gear you should make a topic in the forum. Only using the marketplace isnt that smart.
the proficiences are fine exactly the way they are. Work for it and earn them.
My guess you are more happy in Poe , thats more newbie freindly ;)
Just for info : we all started this game at some point and worked our way up. At a time where there was no abilities and also no gear on marketplace. it needed to be found first .
my 2 cents
For starters, the main point I'm seeing is that LS is a "hard" game. It is literally the easiest game to play. you simply point and click. there's no dodging or even 3d motion to avoid spells. For better or worse, you can master this game within a week.
All you need is good gear. Period. Then you walk into cata, and point and click. There's hardly anything beyond that. Not that I'm saying Path of exile or d2 are better, but even if you have decent gear, while the game gets considerably easier, you still have challenges in making sure you don't die. Game skill (basics like dodging and moving) is still a part of it.
Path of exile is not "more newb friendly", it's more noob effective, meaning they guide you into the game as any game that wants new players should, same with diablo, but at the same time, contain immense depth. With LS, There's no introduction whatsoever.
From the responses, a lot of old school players feel I'm insulting their game and the time they've invested into this. For starters, I'm not insulting anything (or at least trying not to). I'm merely commenting on the issues I've run into. If you want to take that as insults/complaints, do so, but know that was not my intention, I'm just trying to offer reasons as to why this game hasn't taken off, beyond the graphics.
I ask that everyone here try to remain objective and view the game in the eyes of a POTENTIAL new player.
Responses listed below (that I feel are even worth a response):
1. Gear is important in most games. A solo walk through of diablo 2 or path of exile takes significantly longer than getting rushed. Party planner effectively gave you a rush.
2. Obviously with the number of players this is true. Use the trade forums for better success. Lots of games don't even have player market places and require you to join trade channels or forums (such as d2jsp)
3. A test of luck is one of the few ways to make it fair regardless of gear and skill. How would you if felt if you grinded to mq solo with self found gear (yes this is possible, lookup 'bufcore') only to get to the end and get stomped on?
4. We all know the prof levels, xp, and gains are disproportionate and suck. Most want a change, but at this point it's 'too late' there are already people at the top in most ladders from an exorbitant amount of dedicated time and would be unfair to take that away from them.
5. The other stats do matter, but yes significantly less. This is pretty true of most games I feel though. In diablo 2 why was pebotdz so valuable? It's +415 enhanced damage; would anyone use it if it had 0 ed? All games have a core set of stats that really matter, and then secondary stats. No biggy.
If you enjoy the grind, keep at it. Joel (partyplanner) climbs like 1-5 times a day and is more than happy to bring you along with him. Use that to your advantage, learn the game, acquire gear, get gud son.
1) Gear is the only thing that matters in LS.
5) EE is the only thing that matters in doing damage. With diablo, you have a lot of other stats that matter and the item system with runewords opens up a lot of interesting situations. Path of exile is even more interesting. Item values fluctuate depending on whether an item has a single property most of the time (like voltaxic and the lightning conversion) and then you have links and colors and a huge variety beyond that.
The guy is completely right on all 5 points. Just adding for the record that the game reset should actually be a RESET. Everyone loses everything and starts fresh. That is the way you can't just spend 20k on gear and never have to worry about anything until the rest of your life. This way no new player can catch up with an old fart that has been playing for years. (gear wise, not skill wise)
I don't think a reset is ever an effective way to handle these situations. It basically makes the years of hard work for other players worthless. That's a form of communism I could never support. You should be able to reap the rewards you worked for.
1) ladder slasher isnt an easy game.. you just need to put a lot effort and time into it to be good. you wont belong to the best just in 1 week. fast players can do a solo in 2,5 hours and a group climb in 35mins (with the right event).
2) market place could need a few upgrades indeed. there are several good ideas.. and i hope some of them get implemented anytime soon
3) mq is fine.. it would be bad if you could just pass every mq with your gear.
4) profs are fine.. this isnt meant to be done in 3 days.. i am playing since 8 years.. so do others. put in some more effort or just stay low on profs.
5) ee is the most important stat on weapons and attack/heal charms.. otherwise there are some other really important stats like dex/str/crit and other sidemods that can improve the quality of gear alot. some useless stats should be improved though.
Remember that we all started at one point.. so we all started with zero profs and gear.. if you think it is more fun to play with better gear (in my opinion it is ;) ) then just start upgrading and putting some effort into the game and you will slowly progress. got to struggle a bit if you want to be good at some things ;)
1) please read above in my statement about how easy it is compared ot other games. Effort is necessary, skill is not. The game is too basic to even have a quantitative "best" player. There is a extremely limited amount of information to learn and master.
3) MQ is a game of luck. Could you imagine if D2 ended in a5 being a shell game where you simply had to guess correctly 3, 4, 5, 6 times in a row to unlock the highest achievement. imagine baal is standing there waiting for you and a new menu dialougue pops up and asks you to pick a number 1-5. If you guess correctly, you guess again, and then again, and then again, and only when you answer the correct number 5 times in a row can you move onto hell mode.
4) not saying profs should be done in 3 days but there should be a least an indication of improvement for new players. I see 0/1000 and I immediately stop. It wouldn't even affect you because anyone who has built up a certain level would simply have that experience added on and you would move up in a proportional amount.
I'm not saying a bit of struggle shouldn't be part of any game. I'm saying that before I can even enjoy the fruits of my labor, there is zero motivation to advance considering how basic some of these challenges are. They're simply point and click challenges with the completion goal turned up way too high for new players like myself to even bother with.
When a solo player gets carried with no gear he gets discouraged. You depend on getting carried and not finding your own gear and the game becomes boring fast.
Lesson: DON'T CARRY NEW PLAYERS for cheap gps. HELP NEW PLAYERS ACQUIRE GEAR AND LET THEM ENJOY being able to 4 shot a monster instead of 10 shot. The satisfaction comes from the gear upgrades not necessarily the masterquest.
I 100% disagree with this. I was already on the way out due to how simplistic this game was before partyplanner msg'd me. The game itself does not encourage further play. If anything, by helping me, he made me want to play further. And as a reward for his kindness, I'm more than happy to give any GPs that I earn to his guild. That's such a minimal part of my enjoyment. And it seems such a petty thing to argue with someone for.This post was edited by IReadPoe on Aug 30 2017 04:31pm