d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Thoughts On Ladder Slasher As A New Player
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30,363.04
Sep 3 2017 03:31pm
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ 31 Aug 2017 22:51)
i totally like that ladder slasher isnt very complex. if i want to play games with a lot of build diversity and start theory crafting or just rebuild another build of someone else i will just play poe.. if i want to relax after work and just play an easy game i will play ladder slasher. i also like the long term improvement of my gear.. i like to trade and slowly progress in my profs. you can play one week at poe and have a nice geared char in the 90s.. but you just wont be able to do that at ladder slasher.

for being that easy ppl are somehow making it a lot more complex by testing and pseudotesting and theorycrafting, which stat is the most favorable or if and how magic luck works and much much more... I don't see much difference to poe here, except, that poe makes it easier for you to know, what you are actually doing^^
Gold: 8,672.68
Sep 6 2017 05:08am
Quote (derDrops @ Sep 1 2017 09:50am)
he is right on every point, except 5. I chose option 2, because every other game is more rewarding than this... the community keeps shrinking and noone new is really willing to get into it because of the points he stated.
the game really had high potential, but it got screwed, sadly :(

Thanks... I used a combination of those in Version 1.5 to get to Rank 22 in Sword in Softcore with only 23 Deaths before moving to Hardcore and deleting that character. Yes, this was before the introduction of Maps and the Nerf to Heal Mastery in conjunction with some of the exploits removed.

#2 is achievable only if you can clear a catacomb to obtain map(s), so, you will have to apply #3 (stat appropriately to survive) and also try to gain +1XX+ max life gear to complete them more easily and frequently. Note: I am not dismissing anything you say, I am stating the other options are to help achieve your suggestion (as well as mine) more easily, and yes, then once maps are collected, he/she can use #4 (re roll character) to compete for better gear and further levels from 10 - 25 or 10 - 35 and so on.

Again... thanks for support and giving him/her advice.

Quote (IReadPoe @ Sep 1 2017 10:39am)
Let me clarify point 5.

My issue is with the entire item system. There is none. There are no uniques, no unique stat items. EE is the only stat that usually matters; maybe str or dex on certain gear like armor/charm, but you usually only need to focus on one of these per item. A magic armor with ONLY 25 dex may go for 300 fg+ while any other item with max stats, even a legendary classified plate mail with max stats in everything else other than EE and ex will not come close. same goes for weapons.

Take a game like diablo, you have runewords, runes, jewels, unique items that you build around. Take path of exile, you can make so many different builds (there may be Flavor of the months of course) centered around a single ring that has a single unique property that opens up so many builds.

It may just be me, but when I see this, I lose a lot of interest because there is not build quality you can make. Drawing on past experiences, when I would get bored of levelling in previous mentioned games, I would simply go trade and try to think of new builds from items. That complexity kept me playing the game. doesn't seem to be an option here unfortunately.

Again your points have been acknowledged and for your information, it has all been discussed or mentioned over the previous 8 or more years I have played. So many changes have decreased the chance to find the greater Unique items and so forth, it wasn't long ago that Ice/Cold/Fire/Lightning masteries were introduced, which declined finding these great items that are legendary and upwards with great stats or EE.

Solo'ing was made easier, but, also reduced item drop level, prof points, group runs with higher level characters and many other things that you are unaware of... things like "who was the first person to create a level 200 character for Ladder Slasher?", also there used to be more white items drop when you encountered evil presence, but, now the most hunted group of evil presence to find white items are "Shamans", or, "What was NMNM like compared to 1.30?"

This game is totally 1 sided... you either play it as it is, or you go with the flow and just fuck around with it when you are bored with other games.

All above is my blah for now while watching anime and reading all posts... goodluck and have fun all.
Gold: 1,910.00
Sep 6 2017 12:46pm
Quote (partyplanner @ Sep 1 2017 01:40pm)
your about as smart as a peanut some people have spent hundreds of thousands of fg

maybe get some fg and invest in l.s problem solved

So spend real money to play game? Or have to play a game I don't want to play to earn fg?

For those defending Ls, I have just one question why is it failing so bad? Unless you think 25 players is succesful. Obviously this game is no good. Ireadpoe has done a good job at pointing out problems that need to be fixed if this game wants any chance of attacting new players. Otherwise it's just a game loaded up with old ls players with ridiculous gear most of us can't even dream of having. Unless we bust out the visa/Mastercard.

This post was edited by sexycuban on Sep 6 2017 12:46pm
Gold: 33,683.52
Sep 6 2017 02:21pm
Quote (sexycuban @ Sep 6 2017 01:46pm)
So spend real money to play game? Or have to play a game I don't want to play to earn fg?

For those defending Ls, I have just one question why is it failing so bad? Unless you think 25 players is succesful. Obviously this game is no good. Ireadpoe has done a good job at pointing out problems that need to be fixed if this game wants any chance of attacting new players. Otherwise it's just a game loaded up with old ls players with ridiculous gear most of us can't even dream of having. Unless we bust out the visa/Mastercard.

no one that plays thinks it is not a dying game.

the people that play are invested. they still play beacuse they enjoy it.

new players comming in get told time and time again that you need to invest to play. its the type of game it is now. there is no changing it. it seems that the only updates we will be getting are the events that are happening and the people that still play are happy about it.

most people on this site did not start this site to play ladder slasher. so gaining fg is possible from the other games we came here for.

i will say this and its my thoughts. these brand new accounts that come into the ls forum and ask questions are multi trolls. simple as that. its 2017. no one is finding d2jsp and comming straight to ladder slasher for their first post.
Gold: 8,672.68
Sep 6 2017 08:03pm
Quote (sexycuban @ Sep 7 2017 07:46am)

Read his post again, he stated "maybe get some fg...", he did not imply that you had to.

People that have invested $$'s to the game, did so when the game was harder, yet more rewarding compared to now being easier and less rewarding.

This game still has great potential, but, it needs more content to supplement what IReadPOE pointed out, also, everyone that still plays have complained many times during the changes, now most of them like the simplicity of how it is now because of their investment in the past. I personally want some things reinstated to make it easier for new people to play, but, this will not happen.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll