d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Thoughts On Ladder Slasher As A New Player
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 80,814.96
Aug 30 2017 08:39pm
I played a game once that i didnt enjoy.... i stopped playing and never looked back. i guess i should of asked the creator to modify it to better suit me...
Gold: 900.00
Aug 30 2017 10:42pm
Quote (Paparick @ Aug 30 2017 06:52pm)
There is a saying -- attributed to a wise old individual, that goes something like this:

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen

:ph34r:
Gold: 8,888.88
Aug 30 2017 11:26pm
Quote (Paparick @ Aug 31 2017 11:52am)
There is a saying -- attributed to a wise old individual, that goes something like this:

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen

Wise old fool that only thought about hot foods that could not stand the heat. $hit, make a salad if that is the case, if not, raw food doesn't need heat either, just like eating raw fish the Maori or Polynesian way.
End of the story: Only the foolish of wisest people only think laterally instead of outside of the square.

Wise saying, "There are more ways to skin a cat"

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Aug 30 2017 11:27pm
Gold: 30,363.04
Aug 31 2017 02:50pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 31 Aug 2017 03:36)
Constructive criticism noted. This won't change much, take it from a person that does not play the game the way everyone else does.

From level 1-15 you can basically use TierIII Armor / Main Charm with +200 max life and a basic 30% ee weapon.
Use Maps when Events increase the odds of getting gear within their Level cap, mostly 5 levels below cap for Level 1 (lvl10) to Level 10 (lvl20) maps.
Stat your character accordingly to surviving better so you do NOT lose profs when dying [softcore].
Re roll character if you find it harder to level up and don't have gear or people to carry you further.

Basically I solo 100% of the time since Heal Mastery got nerfed, I also use crap gear in some cases. My samurai's MQ items are:

Level 35 Longsword with 13x ee
Level 40 Armor with 47 strength
Level 55 Earth with +12 Crit Strike / +11 Life Steal [Life steal doesn't really work like it should]
Level 35 Focus with 100% ee

As you can see, 2 items are great, the rest are just junk, and they are NOT level 55 gear worthy. You only need to get 1 or 2 items to help you along the way.
So, start with cheap +max life gear from 1-25 ideally Tier equal level and from there, EE / Stat items, shit if you have int gear, you can still mq with a barb.

End of the story: Find a way around to play the game if you want to continue, otherwise don't play at all.

he is right on every point, except 5. I chose option 2, because every other game is more rewarding than this... the community keeps shrinking and noone new is really willing to get into it because of the points he stated.
the game really had high potential, but it got screwed, sadly :(
Gold: 6,021.34
Aug 31 2017 03:39pm
Quote (derDrops @ Aug 31 2017 04:50pm)
he is right on every point, except 5. I chose option 2, because every other game is more rewarding than this... the community keeps shrinking and noone new is really willing to get into it because of the points he stated.
the game really had high potential, but it got screwed, sadly :(

Let me clarify point 5.

My issue is with the entire item system. There is none. There are no uniques, no unique stat items. EE is the only stat that usually matters; maybe str or dex on certain gear like armor/charm, but you usually only need to focus on one of these per item. A magic armor with ONLY 25 dex may go for 300 fg+ while any other item with max stats, even a legendary classified plate mail with max stats in everything else other than EE and ex will not come close. same goes for weapons.

Take a game like diablo, you have runewords, runes, jewels, unique items that you build around. Take path of exile, you can make so many different builds (there may be Flavor of the months of course) centered around a single ring that has a single unique property that opens up so many builds.

It may just be me, but when I see this, I lose a lot of interest because there is not build quality you can make. Drawing on past experiences, when I would get bored of levelling in previous mentioned games, I would simply go trade and try to think of new builds from items. That complexity kept me playing the game. doesn't seem to be an option here unfortunately.
Gold: 122,930.90
Trader: Trusted
Aug 31 2017 03:51pm
i totally like that ladder slasher isnt very complex. if i want to play games with a lot of build diversity and start theory crafting or just rebuild another build of someone else i will just play poe.. if i want to relax after work and just play an easy game i will play ladder slasher. i also like the long term improvement of my gear.. i like to trade and slowly progress in my profs. you can play one week at poe and have a nice geared char in the 90s.. but you just wont be able to do that at ladder slasher.
Gold: 2,734.66
Trader: Trusted
Sep 1 2017 04:09am
I'm actually going to back this guy for a second here.

If you are new to the game and or site and have absolutely no fg to invest, the game is brutal. Drops no longer exist like they use to, you can't transmute like you use to...it's difficult to start.

The solo aspect of this game was kind of placed to the side by the developer. He wanted to incorporate team play into the game and make party play have an advantage. I'm ok with this as I remember playing solo alchemist back in the day and a climb with some of the best gear for alchemist took me 22-26 hours to complete. I do not miss those days lol.

EE matters on weapons and charms and for anyone who wants to tank. Damage dealers obviously need their respective stat to boost damage, but most solo players will just go with EE. It's pretty much universal throughout every game I've played that one stat is a dominate stat.

I feel there should be a better system for new players to at least get started, like maybe have the characters start with T3 items instead of T1....something...anything to make the game more bearable for them.

Reset removing all the gear would be absolutely brutal and uncalled for.

My thoughts are a bit scattered but I'm just waking up...so...yeah...
Gold: 85.00
Sep 1 2017 08:43am
I just came back from a long jsp break. Glad to see la is alot more team based. I climbed twice yesterday with a few people. The solo grind is brutal though especially with nothing. Just grind till you can't kill and reset I guess hoping for small finds for fg to buy something nice and get farther till u can mq
Gold: 1,736.94
Sep 1 2017 11:00am
No matter how different the opinions are about this concept this new guy marked his points with effort and - for a new player - deep thought and early understanding of discutable issues.
Alone for this he deserves some respect.
I hope you stay..
Gold: 509,293.11
Sep 1 2017 11:40am
Quote (netwarrior @ Aug 30 2017 09:02am)
The guy is completely right on all 5 points. Just adding for the record that the game reset should actually be a RESET. Everyone loses everything and starts fresh. That is the way you can't just spend 20k on gear and never have to worry about anything until the rest of your life. This way no new player can catch up with an old fart that has been playing for years. (gear wise, not skill wise)

your about as smart as a peanut some people have spent hundreds of thousands of fg

maybe get some fg and invest in l.s problem solved

This post was edited by partyplanner on Sep 1 2017 11:42am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll