d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > France Bans Skinny Women From Modelling > Lol
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,420.00
May 6 2017 10:22pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ May 6 2017 11:03pm)
France requires a doctor sign off that they aren't too skinny ....who the fuck decides when someone is too skinny or too fat to be in a picture?

This has every form of wrong written all across it unless you're going to ban women that fall into the overweight side of the BMI

Quote (ssdrmstre @ May 6 2017 11:15pm)
A medical doctor, friend

Quote (Voyaging @ May 6 2017 11:16pm)
quick someone call duffman

lol'd
Gold: 63,142.89
May 6 2017 10:27pm
I hate the fact that unhealthy models are putting out unrealistic body images, but I don't think legislating against it makes any sense.

Movies and professional sports also glorify appearances which are not realistic/possible for most people to attain and can also be unhealthy. Why only single out modeling?

The problem with the unhealthy models should be dealt with between family and friends. Every person's body is different and people should learn to manage their health on an individual basis rather than taking cues from the collective. Some people might actually be able to be healthy while appearing under or overweight.

This post was edited by Kayeto on May 6 2017 10:33pm
Gold: 500.00
May 6 2017 10:35pm
Quote (Kayeto @ May 6 2017 11:27pm)
I hate the fact that unhealthy models are putting out unrealistic body images, but I don't think legislating against it makes any sense.

Movies and professional sporting events also glorify appearances which are not realistic/possible for most people to attain and can also be unhealthy. Why only single out modeling?

The problem with the unhealthy models should be dealt with between family and friends. Every person's body is different and people should learn to manage their health on an individual basis rather than taking cues from the collective. Some people might actually be ableto be health while appearing under or overweight.

this is what happens when you start speaking the fat acceptance lingo

pretty soon you find tv shows based on the average american like this encouraging them to think weighing as much as a large refrigerator is perfectly acceptable

this is like the #1 tv show in america right now :o

This post was edited by duffman316 on May 6 2017 10:35pm
Gold: 28,296.69
May 6 2017 10:35pm
Quote (Kayeto @ May 6 2017 09:27pm)

Movies and professional sporting events also glorify appearances which are not realistic/possible for most people to attain and can also be unhealthy. Why only single out modeling?

The problem with the unhealthy models should be dealt with between family and friends. Every person's body is different and people should learn to manage their health on an individual basis rather than taking cues from the collective. Some people might actually be able to be health while appearing under or overweight.

parents, uncles, aunts, grandparents, friends should make it very clear to young people that their value comes from the goodness they can provide to the world through kindness and compassion so that they don't bother looking at bodies but rather search for great minds and personalities to embrace.
Gold: 12,730.67
May 6 2017 10:37pm
I'm surprised France didn't ban modeling tbh.
Gold: 1.93
May 6 2017 10:38pm
I support it.
May 6 2017 10:41pm
Quote (duffman316 @ May 7 2017 12:35am)
this is what happens when you start speaking the fat acceptance lingo

The fact that some people take acceptance too far should not detract from the truth of my bolded statement.

I had a friend in high school that was skinny as fuck. If a stranger saw him shirtless, they'd think he had just been rescued from Auschwitz. But he had no health problems.

Conversely, if you were at the NFL combine and saw these ~300lb 22 year olds walk in the room, you'd think they were dangerously overweight. But when they actually get worked out and scrutinized by doctors, teams are lining up to make multimillion dollars investments that depend on their health, because these experts know that they are extreme healthy.

This post was edited by Kayeto on May 6 2017 10:43pm
Gold: 500.00
May 6 2017 10:43pm
Quote (Kayeto @ May 6 2017 11:41pm)
The fact that some people take acceptance too far should not take the away from my bolded statement being true.

I had a friend in high school that was skinny as fuck. If someone who didn't know him saw him shirtless, you'd think he had just been rescued from Auschwitz. But he had no health problems. Conversely, if you were at the NFL combine and saw these ~300lb 22 year olds walk in the room, you'd think they were dangerously overweight. But when they actually get worked out and scrutinized by doctors, teams are lining up to make multimillion dollars investments that depend on their health, because these experts know that they are extreme healthy.

we are in the midst of a world wide obesity crisis fueled by junk food and a lack of self discipline, i'd say too many people are taking it too far
Gold: 28,296.69
May 6 2017 10:47pm
Most of them are jacked up on stimulates, drugs, and unhealthy lifestyles which allows the unrealistic shapes anyway.

make it a sport and bring in usada and watch the body types become a lot more realistic
May 6 2017 10:48pm
Quote (duffman316 @ May 7 2017 12:43am)
we are in the midst of a world wide obesity crisis fueled by junk food and a lack of self discipline, i'd say too many people are taking it too far

I don't disagree with that at all. But I still maintain that the proper approach is for people to take personal responsibility for their health, not rely on what cues society gives them.

Attempting to judge someone's health based on their appearance is a flawed concept. Health is much more broad than just BMI. Crack addicts on the brink of death could put a little makeup on and appear perfectly healthy. People shouldn't consider the judgements of others, they should pay attention to their own health.

This post was edited by Kayeto on May 6 2017 10:49pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll