d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Terror Attack In Sweden
Prev1272829
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Apr 9 2017 07:38pm
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 9 2017 09:35pm)
Yeah, I don't believe most of the news sources either.

I was in the military form 75 to 82, with a top secret clearance, I was an electronics tech and had to fix the crypto gear.
I read this stuff as it happened over the teletype.

I was then at UC Berkley during the Iraq-Iran conflict in the 80's.

Like I said, I was there...so to speak.

/e Not enough?

My brother (1 year younger ) was in the Navy for 31 years. My sister (2 years younger) was in the Navy 17 years.

When I was a lil lad, the cold war was still going on. I watched the Bay of Pigs on the TV in my parents living room.

/ee Hell, I saw Kennedy shot on the TV (live) when I was but a wee lad.

/eee No wait, there's more!

My dad was in the Navy in WWII, my 1st cousins were in the Army in Korea.
My grandparents (both males) were in WWI.

/eeee Almost forgot...one of my aunts worked for the Pentagon in WWII.

And, on a side note: Barbara Feldon who played Agent 99 in the original Maxwell Smart series was the babysitter for my mother. She was actually my grandmother's babysitter, she babysat my mother. :)

Pepridge farms remembers
Gold: 0.00
Apr 9 2017 07:38pm
Quote (Tjo @ Apr 9 2017 12:16am)
There is nothing that commands Christians to slaughter unbelievers, on the contrary, Christians are commanded to pray and preach the gospel to them.

Have you ever read the Bible?

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Deuteronomy 13:
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.
12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 9 2017 07:42pm
Yep, them and me. :)

I come to PaRD because you folks are great at posting about the current - current events. It saves me from having to watch the news or read newspapers.
My views may not coincide with a lot of folks here, but I do have a somewhat different viewpoint.

Just so you know...

I'm apolitical, not religious and am pretty cynical. But I do know my history.

/e Unfortunately, I was raised catholic. 8 years catholic grade school. Yes, I've read the bible a few times. :)
It's a great set of rules to live by ( ten commandments and such), but as I said, I'm definitely not religious.

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 9 2017 07:44pm
Gold: 11,700.00
Apr 9 2017 07:43pm
Quote (Ghot @ 10 Apr 2017 01:05)
I was then at UC Berkley during the Iraq-Iran conflict in the 80's.
Like I said, I was there...so to speak.

not sure how much disinformation was spread in the us military at that time
but the us was supportive of saddam in that conflict which certainly did not enhance the image of the usa in the region
also the establishment of the riyadh air base in the 80s had a significant impact on the fundamentalist muslims
just two examples why the usa is so 'beloved' in the middle-east
not to mention the total and unconditional support of the usa for israel
Apr 9 2017 07:52pm
Quote (brmv @ Apr 9 2017 08:43pm)
not sure how much disinformation was spread in the us military at that time
but the us was supportive of saddam in that conflict which certainly did not enhance the image of the usa in the region
also the establishment of the riyadh air base in the 80s had a significant impact on the fundamentalist muslims
just two examples why the usa is so 'beloved' in the middle-east
not to mention the total and unconditional support of the usa for israel

Dude, I saw the reality coming across the teletype. Movement orders and such, everything. I had to have a top secret clearance to work on the crypto gear.
I saw enough to scare the bejesus out of me.

The only reason I posted all that history of myself was so that PaRD doesn't mistake my inability to type (so I tend to shorten things dramatically) for lack of knowledge of history.
I tend to make "canned" statements. I don't have to Google history, but find it useful for trying to explain why I feel about things....the way I do.

Like the thing about Russia's desire for warm water sea ports. Which has been one of their larger driving forces in all their "border wars" and their interest in the Middle East as well. I mean besides oil.

Gold: 0.00
Apr 9 2017 07:53pm
Quote (Ghot @ 10 Apr 2017 00:53)
"history" is just old current events

NickCageYoudon'tsay.jpg
Apr 9 2017 07:54pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 9 2017 08:53pm)
NickCageYoudon'tsay.jpg

Lol. I did watch both National Treasure movies too. :)

/e Am watching Nat. Treas: Book of Secrets, right now.

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 9 2017 07:56pm
Gold: 260.11
Apr 9 2017 07:56pm
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 9 2017 07:52pm)
Like the thing about Russia's desire for warm water sea ports. Which has been one of their larger driving forces in all their "border wars" and their interest in the Middle East as well. I mean besides oil.

Which sea port specifically are they interested in? I remember previously you saying they were interested in one in Afghanistan and basically getting laughed off the forum. Where have you revised your warm water port to now?
Apr 9 2017 08:03pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 9 2017 08:56pm)
Which sea port specifically are they interested in? I remember previously you saying they were interested in one in Afghanistan and basically getting laughed off the forum. Where have you revised your warm water port to now?

No, that's why they are interested in Afghanistan. Then they will be interested in Pakistan next.
But those aren't the only interests Russia has. Just look at a map of Russia and you will see they have "interests" in any country that will get them, or get them nearer to a warm water sea port.

Here's the Google results for that question...

https://www.google.com/#q=does%20Russia%20still%20want%20a%20warm%20water%20seaport

/e This is one of the reasons that Russia is so interested in Syria as well.

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 9 2017 08:10pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1272829
Add Reply New Topic New Poll