d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Terror Attack In Sweden
Prev126272829Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 9 2017 06:45pm
Quote (Ghot @ 10 Apr 2017 00:38)
Yeah, you just want to argue.

Maybe we should be blaming Britain...eh?

1882 – British troops occupy Cairo – Egypt becomes British protectorate
1908 to 1922 – Defeat and dissolution of the Ottoman Empire
1917 – Lord Balfour, Foreign Minister of Great Britain, in a letter to Lord Rothschild, gives British government approval to Zionist's goal of building a "national home" in Palestine
1918 – Britain and France occupy former Ottoman Empire lands

For sure. Britain foreign policy and domestic attitudes are an issue. Not as much as the US but yea. Our foreign policy is changing slowly though. Yours isn't. Even if Trump promised it would. Just ride Israeli coattails into another bombing run in Syria without taking any time to think.

Now it turns out it may even not have been Assad's forces using the sarin but Syrian rebels instead. If that's the case what now? Apologise to Assad and go bomb some rebels? It's a total fucking mess old son and as long as you keep bombing Syria terrorists will use it as an excuse for doing their thing.
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 9 2017 06:47pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 9 2017 07:45pm)
For sure. Britain foreign policy and domestic attitudes are an issue. Not as much as the US but yea. Our foreign policy is changing slowly though. Yours isn't. Even if Trump promised it would. Just ride Israeli coattails into another bombing run in Syria without taking any time to think.

Now it turns out it may even not have been Assad's forces using the sarin but Syrian rebels instead. If that's the case what now? Apologise to Assad and go bomb some rebels? It's a total fucking mess old son and as long as you keep bombing Syria terrorists will use it as an excuse for doing their thing.

Just as long as you folks realize it's an "excuse", it's fine with me.

/e Post #249 I said Assad or whomever they are blaming...

All Trump did was blow up an airbase, a Syrian air base. Like I said before...more or less, just a few shots across their bows.

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 9 2017 06:51pm
Apr 9 2017 06:49pm
Quote (Ghot @ 10 Apr 2017 00:43)
You mean because my views disagree with yours...say on lad. :/

/e Sometimes I think some folk on here, believe too much of what the read in the papers. :/

Where are you getting your information then? I'd like to know because every time we get some idiot up here moaning about fake news the shit they believe is so far removed from reality I think they have to either be listening to Alex Jones or just pulling it out their arse.
Apr 9 2017 06:51pm
Y'know wut? Fuck this shit. I'm done for tonight.
Apr 9 2017 06:53pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 9 2017 07:49pm)
Where are you getting your information then? I'd like to know because every time we get some idiot up here moaning about fake news the shit they believe is so far removed from reality I think they have to either be listening to Alex Jones or just pulling it out their arse.

I was alive during all of this, my friend. I was at least your age when all this crap was taking place. I don't have to "look it up" I was a witness, so to speak.

/e All this "history" you speak of is just old current events for me.

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 9 2017 06:56pm
Gold: 260.11
Apr 9 2017 06:57pm
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 9 2017 06:53pm)
I was alive during all of this, my friend. I was at least your age when all this crap was taking place. I don't have to "look it up" I was a witness, so to speak.

That's hilariously pathetic of an argument. I was a witness to Bush, but tons of shit didn't come out until after his presidency. Not living through it gives you the benefit of hindsight and detachment, you also werenter necessarily following closely at the time. You've also shown to be fundamentally ignorant about plenty of things you were alive through, so there's that.
Gold: 11,700.00
Apr 9 2017 06:58pm
Quote (Ghot @ 10 Apr 2017 00:43)
... Sometimes I think some folk on here, believe too much of what the read in the papers...

sometimes (actually most of the times) the american press does not report on what is really happening in the world

us interests have been strongly supported in the middle east since the 'red line agreement' and after wwii the usa has had continuous military presence in the middle east building more and more bases
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Apr 9 2017 06:58pm
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 9 2017 08:43pm)
Lol. That's actually where this began huh? Should have left it there tbh. <_<

Jesus Christ is in my heart and in my pants
Gold: 260.11
Apr 9 2017 07:00pm
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 9 2017 06:32pm)
The USA doesn't give a damn what the Islamic nations want to believe. As far as I can see they just want the Middle East nations to stop blowing people up, or running them over or knifing them...etc.
That's why we stayed out until we did. Do you think our soldiers parents care more about what the Islamic nations believe or that their son and daughters are dying for just being stationed in an embassy over there?

/e As for Russia's desire for warm water seaports...it's not exactly news...

https://www.google.com/#q=does%20Russia%20still%20want%20a%20warm%20water%20seaport

Yeah but where are they gong to get it in the middle east?
Apr 9 2017 07:05pm
Quote (brmv @ Apr 9 2017 07:58pm)
sometimes (actually most of the times) the american press does not report on what is really happening in the world

us interests have been strongly supported in the middle east since the 'red line agreement' and after wwii the usa has had continuous military presence in the middle east building more and more bases

Yeah, I don't believe most of the news sources either.

I was in the military form 75 to 82, with a top secret clearance, I was an electronics tech and had to fix the crypto gear.
I read this stuff as it happened over the teletype.

I was then at UC Berkley during the Iraq-Iran conflict in the 80's.

Like I said, I was there...so to speak.

/e Not enough?

My brother (1 year younger ) was in the Navy for 31 years. My sister (2 years younger) was in the Navy 17 years.

When I was a lil lad, the cold war was still going on. I watched the Bay of Pigs on the TV in my parents living room.

/ee Hell, I saw Kennedy shot on the TV (live) when I was but a wee lad.

/eee No wait, there's more!

My dad was in the Navy in WWII, my 1st cousins were in the Army in Korea.
My grandparents (both males) were in WWI.

/eeee Almost forgot...one of my aunts worked for the Pentagon in WWII.

And, on a side note: Barbara Feldon who played Agent 99 in the original Maxwell Smart series was the babysitter for my mother. She was actually my grandmother's babysitter, she babysat my mother. :)

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 9 2017 07:18pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev126272829Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll