d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russiagate Gathering Steam?
Prev1439440441442443445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Nov 25 2020 10:16pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 25 Nov 2020 22:04)
If you believe that Hillary Clinton did not known that "C" stood for Confidential, after decades of security work, then I have to question whether you're intelligent enough to continue in this conversation. No one holds James Comey's opinion in any sort of esteem.

It might have given the FBI reason to be suspicious, except that the FBI had already heard every single word of what had been discussed, and knew that there was nothing there.

I do maintain this behavior is fine, because this is literally happening at this very moment and I am perfectly alright with it. You are suggesting that Flynn must allow Russia to launch damaging sanctions against the United States, to our detriment, knowing full well that the Trump administration is going to take a different tact with Russia and eliminate those sanctions as soon as he is in office. In what world is that the preferred scenario?

They don't know any of this because this is the type of coverage they rely on for information.

This post was edited by Jere on Nov 25 2020 10:25pm
Gold: 633.87
Nov 25 2020 11:04pm
Quote (IceMage @ Nov 25 2020 11:16pm)
I think there's a fair chance she did not know what the markings meant. I do hold Comey's opinion on this matter in high regard. Also if I'm not mistaken there were only a handful of emails with the markings on them.

How would the FBI know there was nothing there? They were investigating links or coordination between the campaign and Russia... so Flynn lying about a conversation he had with the Russian ambassador was notable.

You're conflating normal transition behavior with abnormal behavior. And now you're trying to justify Flynn's rogue diplomacy.

There is no chance that Clinton was unaware of what the markings meant. It is obvious that Clinton understood when she created a private server to handle all of her emails that confidential documents were going to be included. It beggars belief.

The FBI was aware of the media storyline Flynn was trying to quash, along with the entire transcript of his conversation with Kisylak. The entire logic behind "Flynn might be compromised" was that Flynn said one thing to Kisylak and another to the public. The incoming administration was inexperienced and didn't know how to deal with negative publicity. They wanted to start things off on a good note, and just wanted the problem dealt with. That incompetence is on the administration, but that certainly doesn't excuse the perpetrators.

There is no conflation, it's just normal behavior. If you're saying that there's a significant difference between "wink, wink, this is our policy" and "this might be our policy", then the problem is with your frame of reference. Again, in what world is it preferable for the Trump administration to allow Russia to retaliate against sanctions they are fully aware that they intend to undo? Does that make any sense whatsoever? Would it have been okay for Flynn, Trump, or some other official to have said publicly "... We are going to reverse the sanctions on Russia"? This is exactly the sort of thing that candidates do declare publicly all of the time. Flynn's interest was that Russia not respond preemptively to something that was, with 100% certainty, going to be reversed once Trump took office.
Nov 25 2020 11:05pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 25 Nov 2020 23:04)
There is no chance that Clinton was unaware of what the markings meant. It is obvious that Clinton understood when she created a private server to handle all of her emails that confidential documents were going to be included. It beggars belief.

The FBI was aware of the media storyline Flynn was trying to quash, along with the entire transcript of his conversation with Kisylak. The entire logic behind "Flynn might be compromised" was that Flynn said one thing to Kisylak and another to the public. The incoming administration was inexperienced and didn't know how to deal with negative publicity. They wanted to start things off on a good note, and just wanted the problem dealt with. That incompetence is on the administration, but that certainly doesn't excuse the perpetrators.

There is no conflation, it's just normal behavior. If you're saying that there's a significant difference between "wink, wink, this is our policy" and "this might be our policy", then the problem is with your frame of reference. Again, in what world is it preferable for the Trump administration to allow Russia to retaliate against sanctions they are fully aware that they intend to undo? Does that make any sense whatsoever? Would it have been okay for Flynn, Trump, or some other official to have said publicly "... We are going to reverse the sanctions on Russia"? This is exactly the sort of thing that candidates do declare publicly all of the time. Flynn's interest was that Russia not respond preemptively to something that was, with 100% certainty, going to be reversed once Trump took office.

Man, I have a security clearance. If us regular people did that we would be serving hard time. Anyone whose worked in these levels of gov knows it...
Gold: 5,016.77
Nov 25 2020 11:29pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Nov 26 2020 12:04am)

I simply disagree... and so did the guy overseeing the investigation into her. The classified markings were only on a handful of emails, so the great majority of classified material was unmarked.

The FBI investigates reasonable suspicions... they aren't going to just wave away an avenue of investigation by making assumptions about Flynn's behavior.

Flynn trying to influence Russia's behavior in any way is inappropriate, whether you believe it was in the right or wrong direction. Not to mention you're ignoring Flynn trying to influence Russia on the Israeli UN vote.

This post was edited by IceMage on Nov 25 2020 11:31pm
Nov 25 2020 11:34pm
Quote (IceMage @ 25 Nov 2020 23:29)
I simply disagree... and so did the guy overseeing the investigation into her. The classified markings were only on a handful of emails, so the great majority of classified material was unmarked.

The FBI investigates reasonable suspicions... they aren't going to just wave away an avenue of investigation by making assumptions about Flynn's behavior.

Flynn trying to influence Russia's behavior in any way is inappropriate, whether you believe it was in the right or wrong direction. Not to mention you're ignoring Flynn trying to influence Russia on the Israeli UN vote.

Quote (Jere @ 25 Nov 2020 23:05)
Man, I have a security clearance. If us regular people did that we would be serving hard time. Anyone whose worked in these levels of gov knows it...

Special treatment.
Nov 26 2020 12:34am
Quote (IceMage @ Nov 26 2020 12:29am)

There is clear evidence of disparate treatment, and your argument against that is that the FBI director being accused of disparate treatment didn't think that that was the case. Color me shocked.

There's no appeal to authority, you're going to have to construct some reality in which Hillary Clinton might possibly not have known that classified material was being trafficked through a private server that handled the entirety of her classified job correspondence.

When confronted with evidence, you do your best to fit that evidence into a coherent narrative. The evidence was clear. Flynn was having a prospective policy conversation with Kislyak and the outgoing administration was making a stink through the media. The FBI understood it the exact same way. Mueller ended up pursuing the process crime because it was a process crime, and like Starr with Clinton, special prosecutors are tasked with getting results.

Again, if Flynn had come out in public and said "Trump does not support sanctions against Russia", would that have been verboten? Of course not, so what exactly is so wrong about Flynn making that same statement over the phone?

Now, if the Obama administration intended to have Russia reciprocate sanctions, causing real Americans harm, and knowing full well that the policy would soon be reversed, then that's despicable.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Nov 26 2020 12:35am
Gold: 5,016.77
Nov 26 2020 07:22am
Quote (bogie160 @ Nov 26 2020 01:34am)
There is clear evidence of disparate treatment, and your argument against that is that the FBI director being accused of disparate treatment didn't think that that was the case. Color me shocked.

There's no appeal to authority, you're going to have to construct some reality in which Hillary Clinton might possibly not have known that classified material was being trafficked through a private server that handled the entirety of her classified job correspondence.

When confronted with evidence, you do your best to fit that evidence into a coherent narrative. The evidence was clear. Flynn was having a prospective policy conversation with Kislyak and the outgoing administration was making a stink through the media. The FBI understood it the exact same way. Mueller ended up pursuing the process crime because it was a process crime, and like Starr with Clinton, special prosecutors are tasked with getting results.

Again, if Flynn had come out in public and said "Trump does not support sanctions against Russia", would that have been verboten? Of course not, so what exactly is so wrong about Flynn making that same statement over the phone?

Now, if the Obama administration intended to have Russia reciprocate sanctions, causing real Americans harm, and knowing full well that the policy would soon be reversed, then that's despicable.

Sure. Among Trump cultists Comey has no credibility, but I consider him credible, and many others do as well. He was ultimately responsible for the investigation.

Considering that there were only a handful of emails that contained material with classified markings, it's reasonable to assume Hillary intended to not use that email to send or receive classified information. She shouldn't have used a private email on a private server, but she didn't intentionally break the law. I assume Hillary used appropriate email systems to send or receive classified information when that was her intention.

Counter-intelligence agents don't rule out an investigative avenue by making assumptions. It would've been negligent for them to not ask Flynn about his conversation with the Russian ambassador... because after all, they were investigating Russian interference. In reality, Flynn got a good deal... there were other crimes he could've been prosecuted for.

I don't know what's hard to get about this... transition officials should not be engaging in diplomacy. In the aftermath of a Russian attack on our election, Flynn made an ask of the Russian ambassador, which was inappropriate. He also asked Russia to act a certain way on the Israeli UN vote.

Ultimately, even though his behavior was inappropriate, it wouldn't have been prosecutable. Then he told multiple lies to the FBI. He admitted that in court twice. Then he decided not to take responsibility for his actions because he knew the corrupt, incompetent buffoon in the Oval Office would pardon him.
Gold: 57.00
Nov 26 2020 09:44am
Quote (bogie160 @ 25 Nov 2020 23:04)
If you believe that Hillary Clinton did not known that "C" stood for Confidential, after decades of security work, then I have to question whether you're intelligent enough to continue in this conversation. No one holds James Comey's opinion in any sort of esteem.

It might have given the FBI reason to be suspicious, except that the FBI had already heard every single word of what had been discussed, and knew that there was nothing there.

I do maintain this behavior is fine, because this is literally happening at this very moment and I am perfectly alright with it. You are suggesting that Flynn must allow Russia to launch damaging sanctions against the United States, to our detriment, knowing full well that the Trump administration is going to take a different tact with Russia and eliminate those sanctions as soon as he is in office. In what world is that the preferred scenario?

he isn't intelligent enough and neither was Hillary (C)linton. they both still think 'russia' went and "hacked" the election

since anti-American privileged people desire a return to 'norms' the only course of action is consistency, and as such we must devastate and permanently ruin the lives of people in the 'office of the president elect' who are having foreign policy conversations with other nations. for instance there is plenty of policy talk that may destroy the numerous peace treaties between countries in the middle east and israel. how would this be beneficial to the world? it really would not be, and as such the people involved in potentially destroying these treaties must be punished.
Nov 26 2020 02:57pm
Quote (IceMage @ Nov 26 2020 08:22am)
Sure. Among Trump cultists Comey has no credibility, but I consider him credible, and many others do as well. He was ultimately responsible for the investigation.

Considering that there were only a handful of emails that contained material with classified markings, it's reasonable to assume Hillary intended to not use that email to send or receive classified information. She shouldn't have used a private email on a private server, but she didn't intentionally break the law. I assume Hillary used appropriate email systems to send or receive classified information when that was her intention.

Counter-intelligence agents don't rule out an investigative avenue by making assumptions. It would've been negligent for them to not ask Flynn about his conversation with the Russian ambassador... because after all, they were investigating Russian interference. In reality, Flynn got a good deal... there were other crimes he could've been prosecuted for.

I don't know what's hard to get about this... transition officials should not be engaging in diplomacy. In the aftermath of a Russian attack on our election, Flynn made an ask of the Russian ambassador, which was inappropriate. He also asked Russia to act a certain way on the Israeli UN vote.

Ultimately, even though his behavior was inappropriate, it wouldn't have been prosecutable. Then he told multiple lies to the FBI. He admitted that in court twice. Then he decided not to take responsibility for his actions because he knew the corrupt, incompetent buffoon in the Oval Office would pardon him.

A handful of emails had confidential markings, which is why she thought they were in alphabetical order? You need to stop this. The story doesn't make any sense at all.

It is ok for Flynn to come out publicly and state the president-elect's positions, and it's ok for the president-elect to state specifically what he is going to do, but it is not ok for the president-elect or his officials to state these things privately. Do I have it right?
Nov 26 2020 03:21pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 26 Nov 2020 14:57)
A handful of emails had confidential markings, which is why she thought they were in alphabetical order? You need to stop this. The story doesn't make any sense at all.

It is ok for Flynn to come out publicly and state the president-elect's positions, and it's ok for the president-elect to state specifically what he is going to do, but it is not ok for the president-elect or his officials to state these things privately. Do I have it right?

His story proves he has no clue... Likely never been around any type of classified or confidential documents
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1439440441442443445Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll