d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Game Of Thrones Season 7 > Premier Date Announced
Prev13334353637126Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
Jul 24 2017 01:08am
Quote (Kayeto @ Jul 23 2017 09:00pm)
the episode felt very flat all around. It was as if the previous seasons had created a bunch of interesting puzzle pieces and now they are just slotting them into their natural place in a very methodical way. The relationships are reaching their conclusions, therefore it doesn't feel like there is as much to look forward to.

after the Nymeria scene, Arya said "it's not you" ?? What does she mean by this? Was Nymeria being warged at the time? Perhaps by Bran? and he's going to use that wolf pack to protect her in her travels?

I think she meant she didn't believe that was nymeria because nymeria is 100% loyal. She is slowly starting to realize how much she has changed and is trying to deny it internally by telling herself something was wrong with her wolf rather than admitting she basically isn't Arya anymore. Especially considering she just made the choice to give up her list and try to return home.
Gold: 22,720.48
Jul 24 2017 02:02am
It was a parallel back to season 1 when ned said arya that she would be married and lady of a castle and she replied "that's not me"
"That's not you" refers to nymeria not being her pet.

"'That's not you' is a direct reference to what Arya herself said to her father when her father painted this picture for her of the life she could have as a lady of a castle and marrying some lord and wearing a nice frilly dress," said Weiss. "Arya's not domesticated, and it makes total sense that her wolf wouldn't be either. Once the wolf walks away, at first she's heartbroken to have come this close, and then she realizes the wolf is doing exactly what she would do if she were that wolf."
from the showrunners.

This post was edited by Arsenic_Touch on Jul 24 2017 02:18am
Gold: 25.20
Jul 24 2017 06:47am
I don't get all the complaints
The show has been great

What do people expect?

This post was edited by FroggyG on Jul 24 2017 06:50am
Gold: 0.80
Jul 24 2017 07:02am
Fans are so fickle, honestly why are people complaining?

Two episodes into the season, what do people expect to be happening? Like two seasons just showing one massive epic battle between westeros and the white walkers? Fucking behave.

The show/story arcs/characters are all moving swiftly along.

There's just so much going on so we can only have snippets of each here and there with the limited airtime each episode allows.. exactly as this show has always been?

I'm guessing the intervention of the iron fleet on tyrions plan will cause Dany to change her mind and just go for an assault on king's landing.. She'll be a dragon.

This post was edited by WelSh on Jul 24 2017 07:02am
Gold: 18,534.02
Jul 24 2017 08:13am
Quote (WelSh @ Jul 24 2017 08:02am)
Fans are so fickle, honestly why are people complaining?

Two episodes into the season, what do people expect to be happening? Like two seasons just showing one massive epic battle between westeros and the white walkers? Fucking behave.

The show/story arcs/characters are all moving swiftly along.

There's just so much going on so we can only have snippets of each here and there with the limited airtime each episode allows.. exactly as this show has always been?

I'm guessing the intervention of the iron fleet on tyrions plan will cause Dany to change her mind and just go for an assault on king's landing.. She'll be a dragon.

Agreed, I had a feeling people we're going to be up in arms with the season premier being a plot advancing episode and not some great battle or major death. This episode was great IMO. The battle on the ships was pretty awesome, and Euron is a great character that fits into the story line.

I also think it's a pretty major plot point that Euron destroyed the fleet, captured the Martel/ Yara and killed a few snakes. This is the first real loss for Dany as a ruler and her first one in Westeros. I had a feeling that Arya wasn't going to make it to Kings Landing and make it back to Winterfell. I think that she's going to be the one to kill little finger - somehow finding out that he was a major factor in Ned's death.

John meeting with Dany is interesting, and we finally get to see their interactions. Sansa as the Queen of the north, and will she relinquish power to Jon when he returns? Will Little finger try to influence her after his tiff with Jon in the Crypts.

A lot going on, first two episodes have been top notch as usual.
Gold: 63,142.89
Jul 24 2017 08:14am
Quote (WelSh @ Jul 24 2017 09:02am)

Nope, I would hate that.

I feel like the relationships are being "ushered along" in ways that we all expect, therefore there is not much interesting to it. It's like when you have completed 90 pieces of a 100 piece jigsaw puzzle. There isn't much thought that goes into placing the last 10 pieces, the process becomes a formality.

The conversation on Dragonstone felt very "fellowship of the ring-sy". They devote one quick line of dialogue to each of their past squabbles, then all agree with Tyrion's plan. It's almost like an in-show version of the pre-show recap, they were just reminding viewers who the characters were rather than seeing them have a forward-moving conversation (until the last line of ofc, where they all give quick acceptance to Tyrion's plan).
Gold: 18,534.02
Jul 24 2017 08:21am
Quote (Kayeto @ Jul 24 2017 09:14am)
Nope, I would hate that.

I feel like the relationships are being "ushered along" in ways that we all expect, therefore there is not much interesting to it. It's like when you have completed 90 pieces of a 100 piece jigsaw puzzle. There isn't much thought that goes into placing the last 10 pieces, the process becomes a formality.

The conversation on Dragonstone felt very "fellowship of the ring-sy". They devote one quick line of dialogue to each of their past squabbles, then all agree with Tyrion's plan. It's almost like an in-show version of the pre-show recap, they were just reminding viewers who the characters were rather than seeing them have a forward-moving conversation (until the last line of ofc, where they all give quick acceptance to Tyrion's plan).

Just out of curiosity, how would you have liked this scene to go? I'm not slamming here, either.
Gold: 0.80
Jul 24 2017 08:26am
Quote (djman72 @ Jul 24 2017 02:21pm)
Just out of curiosity, how would you have liked this scene to go? I'm not slamming here, either.

+1

Tyrions plan was hard to argue with, paired with Dany's alleigience speech.

Gold: 63,142.89
Jul 24 2017 08:31am
Quote (djman72 @ Jul 24 2017 10:21am)

I'm a realist. I understand they are on a budget and this season was cut to 7 episodes. I'm just pointing out that, as a result, it's only expected that things feel rushed instead of being developed as well as we saw in the earlier seasons.

I would have preferred individual conversations between Dany and her new followers where we get to see her earning their respect (because they think she's a good leader) which is what we've had for her journey all along. We know why Jorah is so devoted to her because we saw that relationship developed over a long period of time.

In this case, it all happened offscreen with an apparent meeting from Varys. We are left to conclude that the Dorne is just joining Dany out of the convenience that they have common enemies. Melisandre shows up outta nowhere pitching the Jon/Dany meet that we've all known the show has been leading to all along. The conversation was quick, the pieces all fit in perfectly. It's not as good as the old Stannis/Davos/Melisandre dynamic, where there was conflict and people had to be convinced about who they were going to trust over a period of time together.
Gold: 2,570.91
Jul 24 2017 08:40am
Is transitioning from disgusting fluids to food going to be a recurring thing now? -_-

Anyways, I don't get the disappointment, the episode was pretty good imo. All of the plotlines are advancing at a steady rate, and I too think that Euron's naval victory combined with the Rose of Thorns telling her queen that she's a dragon and not a sheep will cause a shift in the current invasion strategy. Jon going to King's Landing will be interesting too. Him and Davos will probably flip their shit when they see Melissandre, and that could have consequences (how will Daenerys react to what they tell her she did? will Jon or Davos be willing to forgive her and work with her? would the North forgive her too?).
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev13334353637126Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll