d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Game Of Thrones Season 7 > Premier Date Announced
Prev13132333435126Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 583.69
Jul 20 2017 11:18pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 21 2017 04:51am)
I hope the ww completely take over Westeroes and maybe some flee and live in the flatlands. But while GRRM is an ass that likes killing off people a lot I don't think he is man enough to go a full heroes lose situation.

What i described would be him taking a lot of idiots favorite "hero" danny and making them the last villain of the series. I kind of like the idea mostly because i fucking hate danny.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 20 2017 11:44pm
Quote (Hacintosh @ Jul 20 2017 09:18pm)
What i described would be him taking a lot of idiots favorite "hero" danny and making them the last villain of the series. I kind of like the idea mostly because i fucking hate danny.

We all hate Danny. Well, I can't speak for everyone, but A LOT of people hate Danny. Fuck that bitch.

I think the biggest problem is just Emilia Clarke, she's a fucking terrible actress. You could have put sooooo many other women in that role and I don't think she'd be as despised by so many people, she's not meant to be despised, she's got an inspiration story of overcoming and developing from a scared child into a fearless leader etc... she should be well liked and loved by the audience, but she's not, and it's because she fucking sucks lol.

Unfortunately, the character is written well, and it's pretty clear where the character is headed. We could be in for another shock and awe moment by Martin, but I think that's INSANELY unlikely. She'll end up ruling Westeros, in conjunction with Mr. Targaryen. Hopefully it's an entertaining ride, but I'm going to be upset especially if she lives and Tyrion/Arya/The Hound and Jamie all die.

I still have quite a few people I want to die ahead of Danny though. Cersei for obvious reasons, Sansa, Little Finger, all the Greyjoys and a handful of others lol. I'm thinking most of the people I want to die, will die, but I'm also sure that at least 50% of the people I don't want to die, will also die.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jul 20 2017 11:44pm
Gold: 10,025.00
Jul 20 2017 11:52pm
I disagree with you both. I think she is a good fit for the role and she is more or less likable. I mean she isn't supposed to be some pure save e eryone woman, she is a harsh bitch and she does it well.

I don't know where you are getting everyone hates her from, this is literally the first negative thoughts I have heard about her.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 20 2017 11:59pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Jul 20 2017 09:52pm)
I disagree with you both. I think she is a good fit for the role and she is more or less likable. I mean she isn't supposed to be some pure save e eryone woman, she is a harsh bitch and she does it well.

I don't know where you are getting everyone hates her from, this is literally the first negative thoughts I have heard about her.

People who can recognize good and bad actors tend to dislike her. She's the weakest main character by a wide margin. Everyone I know who watches a lot of movies/shows and I consider knowledgeable about movies/shows, either dislike her or loathe her.

It's not the things her character does, it's the way she does it. She's just not convincing at all. She's whiny, annoying, and her most notable trait is her blatant sense of entitlement. All in all, she's just shit lol. Obviously you're going to disagree, that's alright man and I don't care, but I'm saying right now, you're definitely not going to change my mind on this and it seems highly implausible to me that you wouldn't have heard anything bad about her when she's the character that has the most shit talked about her of ANY good guy GoT character. People hate Joeffrey/Ramsey more, but that means they're doing their job well, there's no reason that Danny should be mentioned at all in characters people hate and she's usually at least in people's top 3 and she's been my #1 since season 3.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jul 21 2017 12:01am
Gold: 10,025.00
Jul 21 2017 12:03am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 20 2017 10:59pm)
People who can recognize good and bad actors tend to dislike her. She's the weakest main character by a wide margin. Everyone I know who watches a lot of movies/shows and I consider knowledgeable about movies/shows, either dislike her or loathe her.

It's not the things her character does, it's the way she does it. She's just not convincing at all. She's whiny, annoying, and her most notable trait is her blatant sense of entitlement. All in all, she's just shit lol. Obviously you're going to disagree, that's alright man and I don't care, but I'm saying right now, you're definitely not going to change my mind on this and it seems highly implausible to me that you wouldn't have heard anything bad about her when she's the character that has the most shit talked about her of ANY good guy GoT character.

Honestly everyone I know that watches the show hasn't said a single negative thing about her. And I think her sense of entitlement works really well for the character, but I mean I haven't read to books so that could be where the rift is. I think based on how the show has developed her character she fits the role pretty well.
Gold: 583.69
Jul 21 2017 12:34am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jul 21 2017 05:59am)

It's not the things her character does, it's the way she does it. She's just not convincing at all. She's whiny, annoying, and her most notable trait is her blatant sense of entitlement. All in all, she's just shit lol. Obviously you're going to disagree, that's alright man and I don't care, but I'm saying right now, you're definitely not going to change my mind on this and it seems highly implausible to me that you wouldn't have heard anything bad about her when she's the character that has the most shit talked about her of ANY good guy GoT character. People hate Joeffrey/Ramsey more, but that means they're doing their job well, there's no reason that Danny should be mentioned at all in characters people hate and she's usually at least in people's top 3 and she's been my #1 since season 3.

What i find strange is that most of the people i see that like her are females. With so many good female characters and actresses in this show they have to pick danny to like? Fuck outta here.
Gold: 2,570.91
Jul 21 2017 04:07am
People seriously hate Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons? :O

Won't deny Emilia Clarke isn't Oscar material, but I do enjoy her character quite a bit. She's a proper badass... and I do like me some female badasses. She's probably in my top 5 female characters after Cersei Lannister, Arya Stark, Lady Mormont and the Queen of Thorns (not necessarily in that order)... considering that the latter two have a much smaller role, she's kinda in my top 3. I think the only time I didn't liked Daenerys was when she hooked up with that annoying Daario guy. Glad she dropped him. I can't wait to see her start torching up people in Westeros. I fear that he's going to end up with wimpy Jon though :/

And I'm pretty sure the White Walkers won't win. If HBO is really planning on making 4 spinoff series, it wouldn't make sense if they killed everyone in Westeros. Going the prequel route would make the story lose impact because we all know they're all going to die anyway, and going the sequel route would be pretty pointless if they already destroyed the world we cared about. They'd probably have to start of a new story in Essos or something, and it would inevitably still have the threat of a White Walker invasion looming on the story, which would be repetitive.

This post was edited by zarkadon on Jul 21 2017 04:08am
Gold: 18,534.02
Jul 21 2017 08:56am
She's absolutely beautiful. Her ability to act is secondary - this is how most actor/actresses are cast. Hollywood is generally filled with beautiful people - not ugly ones.

Even in a show like GoT which takes place in a medieval setting, most of the main actors are extremely good looking. Sansa, Dany, Sand Snakes, Magery (who is an AWFUL actor), Cersei, Messandi (Dany's handmaiden), the Red Witch.

Gold: 63,142.89
Jul 21 2017 09:34am
Quote (djman72 @ Jul 21 2017 10:56am)
She's absolutely beautiful. Her ability to act is secondary - this is how most actor/actresses are cast. Hollywood is generally filled with beautiful people - not ugly ones.

Even in a show like GoT which takes place in a medieval setting, most of the main actors are extremely good looking. Sansa, Dany, Sand Snakes, Magery (who is an AWFUL actor), Cersei, Messandi (Dany's handmaiden), the Red Witch.

Emilia Clarke is incredibly attractive, but the way the show presents her as Dany makes her less appealing.

They choose actors whose appearance fits the role. Dany and Sansa are supposed to be having all the men trynna get in their holes, so they pick actors who make it believable. Tyrion/Brienne/Sam are roles that don't call for a super-attractive person.

A lot of the actors in GoT doing a really good job acting, especially considering some of them being young and relatively inexperienced. Watching Emilia Clarke act isn't as entertaining as what the rest of the cast does in their scenes. Her character is carried so hard by the source material. And she benefits from getting all the CGI in her scenes.

Gold: 18,534.02
Jul 21 2017 09:58am
Quote (Kayeto @ Jul 21 2017 10:34am)
Emilia Clarke is incredibly attractive, but the way the show presents her as Dany makes her less appealing.

They choose actors whose appearance fits the role. Dany and Sansa are supposed to be having all the men trynna get in their holes, so they pick actors who make it believable. Tyrion/Brienne/Sam are roles that don't call for a super-attractive person.

A lot of the actors in GoT doing a really good job acting, especially considering some of them being young and relatively inexperienced. Watching Emilia Clarke act isn't as entertaining as what the rest of the cast does in their scenes. Her character is carried so hard by the source material. And she benefits from getting all the CGI in her scenes.

I agree with you completely. I feel most of the actors are really good. A few have been duds like Dany, Margery.

My favorites actors are (don't want to look their real names up) - Hound, High Sparrow (He's great in everything), Ser Davos, Bronn. Exculding the main characters ofc.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev13132333435126Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll