d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Comey Testifies
Prev14567815Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,571.00
Mar 20 2017 06:01pm
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Mar 20 2017 11:34am)
I was refering tl the Snowden leaks and most recently the CIA leaks discussing their mass surveillance programs. But I guess its okay if the 4th Amendment doesn't mean shit, you'll lap their assholes as long as they oppose big meanie Trump.

I honestly hope Trump is tried for treason. Then we can kick off the civil war and field execute faggots like you.

Fite me rl pussđź‘Š

Lmao.

Plasma remains my favorite poster on pard.

Where is killgore? Another grade A poster.
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 20 2017 06:03pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Mar 20 2017 07:01pm)
Lmao.

Plasma remains my favorite poster on pard.

Where is killgore? Another grade A poster.

Anyone who defends Mother Russia is cool, amirite?
Gold: 11,571.00
Mar 20 2017 06:08pm
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 20 2017 05:03pm)

Hahaha no, reading Plasma and Killgore posts always leaves a smile on my face.

Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 20 2017 06:11pm
Quote (IceMage @ 21 Mar 2017 01:03)

HSBC

/e: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/20/british-banks-handled-vast-sums-of-laundered-russian-money

nice

This post was edited by Knaapie on Mar 20 2017 06:16pm
Gold: 1,152.00
Mar 20 2017 06:20pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 20 2017 03:16pm)
I think he has a partisan agenda that extends beyond his own rational self-interest.
Being seen thumping trump is enough to support your bid, going full mccarthy is unnecessary risk.
How will his connect-the-dots speechs sound when played back at his next campaign after Trump's been cleared of any wrongdoing?

How will they sound when Trump is convicted of treason?
Gold: 57.00
Mar 20 2017 06:24pm
Quote (Voyaging @ 20 Mar 2017 20:20)

about the same when hillary (c)linton won the presidency
Gold: Locked
Mar 20 2017 07:14pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 20 2017 01:02pm)
So you're referring to the way he was advocating they jump in and start axing jews even before the 20's, the complete lack of parallels for the melees, the stormtroopers, the beer hall putsch, his admiration for the march on rome, his trial and nazi party outlawed and his years in prison, the continued violence and campaign of assassinations and trials for treason, the great depression, the reichstag fire and Kristallnacht?

Square peg into round hole is one thing

More specifically, referring to parallels between the speeches and rhetoric used. Hitler ran on a campaign promise of restoring Germany to greatness, repairing the national pride after defeat in WW1, and scapegoated a minority that was already somewhat in the bad graces of Germany at the time.

Trump ran on a campaign promise to "Make America Great Again", repair our international image after some flubs in the Mid East, and has been scapegoating Muslims and Latinos, both of whom have been under scrutiny in recent memory.

Both preferred to air their own "facts" (Hitler by controlling the media, Trump by denying the mainstream media and promoting sources that ride his nuts shamelessly), both were men who shamelessly used flamboyance and social presence over facts or rationality, and Trump has actually made a study of Hitler--which is likely why he's using similar tactics.

Donald Trump appears to take aspects of his German background seriously. John Walter works for the Trump Organization, and when he visits Donald in his office, Ivana told a friend, he clicks his heels and says, “Heil Hitler,” possibly as a family joke.

Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler’s speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/07/donald-ivana-trump-divorce-prenup-marie-brenner
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 20 2017 07:20pm
Quote (excellence @ Mar 20 2017 06:24pm)
about the same when hillary (c)linton won the presidency

difference being, that was realistic

Quote (Voyaging @ Mar 20 2017 06:20pm)

and that is not.
Plenty of politicians, figureheads, celebrities, corporations, etc were willing to toss an all-in bet on Hillary because the stakes were good and all evidence pointed to her winning, with Trump given, in voyagings own words, at best a 25-35% chance of winning given the available data. And thats probably a competent analysis, better than Jay's at a minimum. Meanwhile, theres no evidence to suggest Trump did anything treasonous (ignoring the misuse of the war-time term), and all the evidence in the world to suggest a very direct timeline of events and rational motivations for the russia story that doesn't involve trump at all. Anyone who casts their all-in bet on Trump getting convicted is going to get blown out.

Which says to me that anyone whos willing the cross the line from heckling Trump and safely jabbing him into taking a step onto the thin, rapidly thawing ice of going full blown McCarthy, is either an idiot, or serving a larger agenda with self-sacrifice. I'm not keen to attribute to stupidity what is adequately explained by malice when it comes to well planned political maneuvers.
Gold: 28,296.69
Mar 20 2017 07:25pm
we need a complete and total shut down until we figure out what the hell is going on
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 20 2017 07:30pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Mar 20 2017 07:14pm)
Hitler ran on a campaign promise of restoring Germany to greatness

So in an effort to cast someone into a role that is his polar opposite on several levels and holds no historical parallels on the most important events, you've reduced Trump to an extreme generalization of rhetoric, saying "They both were populists who ran patriotic/nationalist campaigns". Which of course, means you've described half the politicians to get office in the past 200 years of every country, whether its Andrew Jackson, Ronald Reagan, Berlusconi, Ross Perot, Bill Clinton, Margaret Thatcher and Kim Jong Il

If you can't fit a square peg into a round hole, boiling it down into a formless liquid and remolding it out of vague generalities is certainly one way to force it, but you've voided any validity from your comparison
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567815Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll