d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Comey Testifies
Prev12345615Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 152.00
Mar 20 2017 01:26pm
Quote (Scaly @ Mar 20 2017 02:21pm)
McCarthyism!!!

Goddamn Goomy. Why so pleb?

Buzzword of the month.
Gold: 22,189.49
Mar 20 2017 01:43pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Mar 20 2017 01:26pm)
Buzzword of the month.

And if Trump grew a toothbrush mustache, started rounding up muslims and putting them into concentration camps awaiting mass extermination, comparisons to Hitler might be justified and write themselves too.
Something about using baseless red-scare fearmongering and politically motivated accusations without evidence and soap boxing trials where you connect dots of rumor and innuendo just kind of evokes McCarthyism a bit too much
Gold: Locked
Mar 20 2017 01:47pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 20 2017 12:43pm)
And if Trump grew a toothbrush mustache, started rounding up muslims and putting them into concentration camps awaiting mass extermination, comparisons to Hitler might be justified and write themselves too.
Something about using baseless red-scare fearmongering and politically motivated accusations without evidence and soap boxing trials where you connect dots of rumor and innuendo just kind of evokes McCarthyism a bit too much

I mean, that's not where Hitler started...he didn't just jump in and start axing Jews. There was some build up beforehand.
Mar 20 2017 01:52pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Mar 20 2017 01:47pm)
I mean, that's not where Hitler started...he didn't just jump in and start axing Jews. There was some build up beforehand.

Hitler had pretty much the complete opposite 'start' of Trump.
One was a beta personality raised in a family relative poor, going to christian school, a loner and extreme introvert who took up painting, lived a transient bohemian lifestyle and failed at all his pursuits and served in the military unremarkably
One was an alpha personality born with a silver spoon, a braggadocio playboy who loved plastering his likeness on everything and an ego the size of kansas, living richly and famously and becoming enormously wealthy, and a draft dodger to boot
Gold: Locked
Mar 20 2017 01:54pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 20 2017 12:52pm)
One was a beta personality raised in a family relative poor, going to christian school, a loner and extreme introvert who took up painting, lived a transient bohemian lifestyle and failed at all his pursuits and served in the military unremarkably
One was an alpha personality born with a silver spoon, a braggadocio playboy who loved plastering his likeness on everything and an ego the size of kansas, living richly and famously and becoming enormously wealthy, and a draft dodger to boot

More referring to how they acted once running for office/taking power than whether or not they preferred Cheerios to toast.
Gold: 28,296.69
Mar 20 2017 01:56pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 20 2017 12:52pm)

both had/have great hair which is more relevant
Mar 20 2017 02:02pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Mar 20 2017 01:54pm)
More referring to how they acted once running for office/taking power than whether or not they preferred Cheerios to toast.

So you're referring to the way he was advocating they jump in and start axing jews even before the 20's, the complete lack of parallels for the melees, the stormtroopers, the beer hall putsch, his admiration for the march on rome, his trial and nazi party outlawed and his years in prison, the continued violence and campaign of assassinations and trials for treason, the great depression, the reichstag fire and Kristallnacht?

Square peg into round hole is one thing
Gold: 10.77
Mar 20 2017 02:07pm
I really enjoy how Trump is at once a nazi and a communist. Who fucking cares that they were completely opposed ideologies? If he really was a communist I'd be a supporter. But he's honestly just a typical Republican based on every policy he has advocated to date.
Gold: 10.77
Mar 20 2017 02:08pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 20 2017 11:16am)
Can anyone actually defend Schiff soapboxing for 10 minutes straight without engaging Comey on a single question?

I live in his district and he's a major disappointment. Maybe we can get him out of office soon, but I doubt it. He has the Armenian vote tied up.

He literally just voted yes to Trump's expanded defense bill. Just another war hawk Dem posturing to keep his seat.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Mar 20 2017 02:10pm
Mar 20 2017 02:16pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Mar 20 2017 02:08pm)
I live in his district and he's a major disappointment. Maybe we can get him out of office soon, but I doubt it. He has the Armenian vote tied up.

He literally just voted yes to Trump's expanded defense bill. Just another war hawk Dem posturing to keep his seat.

I think he has a partisan agenda that extends beyond his own rational self-interest.
Being seen thumping trump is enough to support your bid, going full mccarthy is unnecessary risk.
How will his connect-the-dots speechs sound when played back at his next campaign after Trump's been cleared of any wrongdoing?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345615Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll