d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars >
Poll > Which Truck Should I Get?
Prev123459Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 39,118.12
Mar 14 2017 06:29pm
Neither... 2500 Cummins turbo diesel
Gold: 0.00
Mar 14 2017 07:35pm
Quote (F150 @ Mar 14 2017 05:09pm)
before i was a diesel mechanic i liked the cummins.. then after seeing a LOT more cummins in the shop than anything else i kinda changed my mind on them :/

i see the duramax the least, i think isuzu makes a good diesel ^^

biggest diesel shop here, all you see is fords in the parking lot every day..... he said he makes a living off of 6.0 and 6.4s.
Gold: 5,486.00
Mar 14 2017 08:52pm
Or buy a late 90's model square body, ($3k or so), upgrade the suspension, handling, and breaks (about 1k) put in a crate motor and a supercharger (maybe 10k-12k installed? ) and enjoy the shit out of it...

I just don't like the newer trucks, too much tech, nice interiors but they don't feel like trucks anymore
Gold: 3.00
Mar 15 2017 06:29am
Which truck is more spacious (better for tall people)?
Which has the smoothest and most quiet ride?
Which truck handles the best in snow?
Gold: 3,048.73
Mar 15 2017 10:14am
i live out in alberta, its pretty much truck nation.
i don't personally drive one, but from my experience everyone has a personal preference regardless of quality.
but from what i've been able to gather is chevy silverado's usually are the best "quality" in terms of reliability.

that being said I've heard from lots of people that although they aren't great tow trucks, the toyoto tacoma is an extremely reliable truck
no surprise as toyota have a wicked reputation for life time on their vehicles.
Mar 15 2017 12:15pm
Quote (Tear @ Mar 15 2017 11:14am)
i live out in alberta, its pretty much truck nation.
i don't personally drive one, but from my experience everyone has a personal preference regardless of quality.
but from what i've been able to gather is chevy silverado's usually are the best "quality" in terms of reliability.

that being said I've heard from lots of people that although they aren't great tow trucks, the toyoto tacoma is an extremely reliable truck
no surprise as toyota have a wicked reputation for life time on their vehicles.

Thanks for the feedback. Was considering throwing in the Tundra to my list of options...

The feedback I always hear around here are Ram's rust fast, Chevy's are the most durable and Ford's are cheap. I mean literally that's all I hear around here.
I haven't seen any newer Ram's rust though...

Ram's are the "meanest" looking trucks in my opinion. They are flashy and with that Hemi make them hard to turn down. The interiors are sharp too. Probably my favorite at this point.
Ford's are dependable but are real plain (cheap is the term) but I just love the new body styles (the interiors suck though from what I've seen, too basic for me).
Chevy's are sleek, new looking and pretty much leading the way in innovation. I'm just not a huge fan of the front of these trucks. Not horrible, just like Ram's front better. I also don't like how they change it about every year...

Where I'm at now:
1. Dodge
2. Chevy
3. Ford

This post was edited by BadJacks on Mar 15 2017 12:16pm
Gold: 1,250.00
Mar 15 2017 02:34pm
Go drive them all. A lot of dealerships will let you take a vehicle for a weekend if you have approved credit. See which one you like the best is my opinion, because who cares what everyone else likes at the end of the day if you don't like it.
Mar 16 2017 07:13am
Quote (SheriffCool @ Mar 15 2017 03:34pm)
Go drive them all. A lot of dealerships will let you take a vehicle for a weekend if you have approved credit. See which one you like the best is my opinion, because who cares what everyone else likes at the end of the day if you don't like it.

I agree 100% and that was my plan. I just wanted to open up the discussion and try to find out anything I don't know about these trucks and also listen to some experiences.

I don't plan on going to the dealerships until late August.
Gold: 484.02
Mar 16 2017 05:32pm
Quote (BadJacks @ Mar 15 2017 01:15pm)
Thanks for the feedback. Was considering throwing in the Tundra to my list of options...

The feedback I always hear around here are Ram's rust fast, Chevy's are the most durable and Ford's are cheap. I mean literally that's all I hear around here.
I haven't seen any newer Ram's rust though...

Ram's are the "meanest" looking trucks in my opinion. They are flashy and with that Hemi make them hard to turn down. The interiors are sharp too. Probably my favorite at this point.
Ford's are dependable but are real plain (cheap is the term) but I just love the new body styles (the interiors suck though from what I've seen, too basic for me).
Chevy's are sleek, new looking and pretty much leading the way in innovation. I'm just not a huge fan of the front of these trucks. Not horrible, just like Ram's front better. I also don't like how they change it about every year...

Where I'm at now:
1. Dodge
2. Chevy
3. Ford

Dodge is by far the cheapest. Chevy and Ford will be basically the same out the door. Go drive them imo. You aren't going to get a new one with $15k down and $400/mo payments unless you get a plain base model and finance it for 7 years. Sticker on my 2014 silverado was $50k and it's not even an LTZ or high country.
Gold: 3,295.00
Mar 16 2017 08:59pm
So what's the issue with dodges low payload numbers?
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev123459Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll