d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > New Here
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 8 2017 03:37pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ Mar 8 2017 02:01pm)
yeah there's a difference in my being fit and running every day for an hour vs you trying to look like your favorite childhood action figure

you enjoy those deep conversations you must have with your ladies, i'm sure they love looking at veins trying to push their way out of your forearms while you two sip on box wine at your local applebees

lmfao you're so pathetic
Gold: 13,750.00
Mar 8 2017 03:56pm
Quote (Justise @ Mar 8 2017 04:37pm)
lmfao you're so pathetic

i get the sense you're like 5'2 with 40 inch biceps

keep trying your hardest to draw the attention away from your height kid
Mar 8 2017 04:13pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ Mar 8 2017 04:56pm)
i get the sense you're like 5'2 with 40 inch biceps

keep trying your hardest to draw the attention away from your height kid

6'0 170 lol. You lash out everytime people call you out. Hence, pathetic.
Mar 8 2017 04:15pm
Quote (Justise @ Mar 8 2017 05:13pm)
6'0 170 lol. You lash out everytime people call you out. Hence, pathetic.

call me out? what did you "call me out" on?

i'm saying people who lift weights have inferiority complexes, typically stemming from little man syndrome

you seem hyper defensive of bros, so naturally i assume you're a manlet who loves to lift to distract from your lack of stature
Mar 8 2017 04:22pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ Mar 8 2017 05:15pm)

i'm saying people who lift weights have inferiority complexes, typically stemming from little man syndrome

you seem hyper defensive of bros, so naturally i assume you're a manlet who loves to lift to distract from your lack of stature

Im surprised you havent suggested you make more money than everyone else combined yet, its your go to line.

This post was edited by Justise on Mar 8 2017 04:22pm
Gold: 1,895.00
Mar 8 2017 08:15pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ Mar 8 2017 04:15pm)

Irony
Mar 9 2017 09:21am
Quote (Justise @ Mar 8 2017 05:22pm)
Im surprised you havent suggested you make more money than everyone else combined yet, its your go to line.

that's a given with you bums

Quote (dark-soul @ Mar 8 2017 09:15pm)
Irony

another little man going on here i see
Gold: 421.95
Warn: 10%
Mar 9 2017 05:24pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ Mar 8 2017 10:51am)
rofl, all these mad kids....

Dr. David Ancona, a cardiologist with Memorial West in Pembroke Pines, Florida, says that it is very essential for people who lift weights to get a regular heart screening done. The reason is that lifting weights has a direct impact on the aorta, which is the heart's main artery. He says that lifting more than half your body weight will put an immense strain on your aorta, causing it to tear in some places.

Any sort of physical activity will cause an increase in TPR (total peripheral resistance) + increased O2 demand -> increased CO (cardiac output) -> causing "strain" on the aorta, and will only tear in people with genetic conditions

Dr. John Elefteriades, chief of cardiothoracic surgery at Yale-New Haven Hospital, says that a rise in blood pressure from lifting heavier weights than half your body weight, can result in a torn aorta. The symptoms of a torn aorta are very similar to having a stroke. The pain is sharp and stabbing and it leads to the feeling of nausea, causing you to feel very light headed.

As stated earlier any increase in activity, even stress which releases catecholamines will increase BP/HR and can cause the same thing

A study by cardiothoracic surgeons at Yale-New Haven Hospital in December of 2003 proved that there is a strong link between heart problems and weight lifting, and strength training as a whole. Dr. Elefteriades, who led the study, says that the study was conducted on five healthy individuals who suffered a condition called aortic dissection during weight lifting. The study showed that heavy weight lifting can lead to a rise in blood pressure to almost 300.

Aortic dissection is a medical emergency which needs to be treated right away, the rise in BP is transient as the oxygen decreases cause changes in chemoreceptor reflexes and causes an increase in cardiac output.

Notice how it says the study was conducted on 5 healthy individuals who suffered from aortic dissection, it contradicts itself and the study itself is inconclusive because the people were in fact not healthy and were pre-disposed to AD

Quote (stuartg85 @ Mar 8 2017 10:55am)
Regular high-intensity exercise linked with atrial fibrillation

In the second study, conducted by researchers in Sweden, more than 44,000 men between the ages of 45 and 79 were asked about their physical activity tendencies during the ages of 15, 30, 50 and during the past year of their life.

For an average of 12 years, the researchers tracked the participants' heart health to determine how many developed an irregular heart rhythm, also known as atrial fibrillation, which is a known stroke risk factor.

Results showed that men who exercised intensely for more than 5 hours a week were 19% more likely to develop an irregular heartbeat by 60 years of age, compared with those who exercised less than 1 hour a week.

However, those who did slightly less-intense exercises - such as cycling or briskly walking - for an hour a day or more at the age of 60 were 13% less likely to develop an irregular heartbeat than those who did not exercise at all.

AF is caused by a genetic conduction defect in the conduction mechanisms of the heart known as the SA/AV (pacemaker) nodes and is influenced by electrical/vagal stimulation, as stated earlier the people would have a pre-existing heart condition for any of this to be true

but you know, talk to your local bro, it's more likely than not that he dabbles in cardiology

And I've done my rotation in cardiology so thanks, your argument is void and null now.

and mayo clinic states the risk factors here they are:

Risk factors for aortic dissection include:

Uncontrolled high blood pressure (hypertension)
Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
Weakened and bulging artery (pre-existing aortic aneurysm)
An aortic valve defect (bicuspid aortic valve)
A narrowing of the aorta at birth (aortic coarctation)
Certain genetic diseases increase the risk of having an aortic dissection, including:

Turner's syndrome. High blood pressure, heart problems and a number of other health conditions may result from this disorder.
Marfan syndrome. This is a condition in which connective tissue, which supports various structures in the body, is weak. People with this disorder often have a family history of aneurysms of the aorta and other blood vessels.
Other connective tissue disorders. This includes Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, a group of connective tissue disorders characterized by skin that bruises or tears easily, loose joints and fragile blood vessels and Loeys-Dietz syndrome, with twisted arteries, especially in the neck.
Inflammatory or infectious conditions. These may include giant cell arteritis, which is an inflammation of the arteries, and syphilis, a sexually transmitted infection.

Other potential risk factors include:

Sex. Men have about double the incidence of aortic dissection.
Age. The incidence of aortic dissection peaks in the 60s and 80s.
Cocaine use. This drug may be a risk factor for aortic dissection because it temporarily raises blood pressure.
Pregnancy. Infrequently, aortic dissections occur in otherwise healthy women during pregnancy.
High-intensity weightlifting. This and other strenuous resistance training may increase risk of aortic dissection by increasing blood pressure during the activity.

yes weight lifting is listed but it's at the very end and stated as POTENTIAL, meaning it's not as important as the others and the risk is not as much as having a collagen disease for example.

This post was edited by LolV on Mar 9 2017 05:30pm
Mar 13 2017 07:00am
Quote (LolV @ Mar 9 2017 06:24pm)
Aortic dissection is a medical emergency which needs to be treated right away, the rise in BP is transient as the oxygen decreases cause changes in chemoreceptor reflexes and causes an increase in cardiac output.

Notice how it says the study was conducted on 5 healthy individuals who suffered from aortic dissection, it contradicts itself and the study itself is inconclusive because the people were in fact not healthy and were pre-disposed to AD

And I've done my rotation in cardiology so thanks, your argument is void and null now.

and mayo clinic states the risk factors here they are:

Risk factors for aortic dissection include:

Uncontrolled high blood pressure (hypertension)
Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
Weakened and bulging artery (pre-existing aortic aneurysm)
An aortic valve defect (bicuspid aortic valve)
A narrowing of the aorta at birth (aortic coarctation)
Certain genetic diseases increase the risk of having an aortic dissection, including:

Turner's syndrome. High blood pressure, heart problems and a number of other health conditions may result from this disorder.
Marfan syndrome. This is a condition in which connective tissue, which supports various structures in the body, is weak. People with this disorder often have a family history of aneurysms of the aorta and other blood vessels.
Other connective tissue disorders. This includes Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, a group of connective tissue disorders characterized by skin that bruises or tears easily, loose joints and fragile blood vessels and Loeys-Dietz syndrome, with twisted arteries, especially in the neck.
Inflammatory or infectious conditions. These may include giant cell arteritis, which is an inflammation of the arteries, and syphilis, a sexually transmitted infection.

Other potential risk factors include:

Sex. Men have about double the incidence of aortic dissection.
Age. The incidence of aortic dissection peaks in the 60s and 80s.
Cocaine use. This drug may be a risk factor for aortic dissection because it temporarily raises blood pressure.
Pregnancy. Infrequently, aortic dissections occur in otherwise healthy women during pregnancy.
High-intensity weightlifting. This and other strenuous resistance training may increase risk of aortic dissection by increasing blood pressure during the activity.

yes weight lifting is listed but it's at the very end and stated as POTENTIAL, meaning it's not as important as the others and the risk is not as much as having a collagen disease for example.

thanks for proving m point

on to the next multi plz
Gold: 361.00
Mar 13 2017 08:02am
ITT: beta nerds
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll