d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > New Here
Prev145678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 27,012.00
Mar 8 2017 01:31pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ Mar 8 2017 02:23pm)
i'm sure my knees are shot, i have gotten into spinning lately to try and save them tbh

i'm saying to tell someone looking for advice to go to their local gym bro and ask for advice is hysterical

But you never know man, he's looking for the basics. Asking for help from someone at a gym isn't terrible. It will help him develop his knowledge and then he'll be able to do his own thing from there.

I'd draw the comparison to a boxing class or a game of shinny at the rec center. All the people there have a general grasp of what they're and are there to just improve their lives. You're not going to meet a professional, but you're going to somewhere people have a common interest and share a sense of general knowledge. Obviously the people there can HELP him develop the foundation, and provide him with some of their anecdotal advice. It's up to him to take things with a grain of salt and see what works for him.

Fitness is different for different people. He just needs to find a goal, set it, and figure out a path to achieve it. Maybe those gym bro's can help him deadlift 3 plates by showing him how to perform the exercise. Then he looks it up online and see's that there are various stances for deadlifts. He researches proper positioning and such, develops what works for him, and bam he's there.

I understand what you're getting at, that taking advice from random people may not be the best thing, but OP has enough of a brain to realize he has a problem, he should have enough of a brain to realize "Hey what this guy said is retarded, I'll ask someone else"

Cheers man
Gold: 0.00
Mar 8 2017 01:33pm
Quote (GSG @ Mar 8 2017 07:29pm)
Can you link the full study?

It honestly reads like they asked 44,000 guys what they did for exercise and linked that to previous medical history and current health issues. If thats the case there are so many other variables here that can lead to health and/or heart problems.

So Aortic Tears = irregular heart beats at 50+? None of these really prove your previous statement, two of them have absolutely no facts or study group and the 3rd has a participation group of 5 people, possibly already experiencing heart conditions hence why they were seeing a cardio thoracic surgeon...

:rofl:

If someone got an aortic dissection from lifting fucking weights, it was going to happen anyways.
Gold: 13,750.00
Mar 8 2017 01:33pm
Quote (Tear @ Mar 8 2017 02:25pm)
i competed in a competition, that required me to look as such.
i look no where near that on a regular day basis let alone now (have been lifting as much, focusing on more endurance/functional strength training programs)
so that argument (seems to be your only one) is invalid.

also, unlike your claims of running for an hour a day (which isn't impressive or a noteworthy accomplishment) i have validated my claims with everyone here, via social media, real life interactions or just being part of this sub for 10 years.
you have none, so you can fight your way behind your computer screen all day but its just words from a random who in most of our opinions is full of shit and insecure as fuck.

but again, the women i pull or have pulled in my past, make the women you're fortunate enough to get look like sea creatures. so lets stop pretending to not only us, but yourself that you're some fitness healthy studly guru who is to good for everyone here.

kid is so mad that he looks like a lawn gnome on steroids but at least he can "prove" it

i run for an hour a day to be healthy, not to impress anyone. i don't have such low self esteem that i feel the need to lift weights every hour on the hour. you could probably just jerk off all the other bros you spend your day with at the gym and get the same workout, hell, you can double down then and get your protein all at once

i hoenstly feel bad for people like you. you're going to look like a shrivelled shell of a human being by the age of 35 and as i said in my OP have saggier tits than my grandma. that or you'll continue juicing and just look like a pathetic old white trash biker type
Gold: 5,248.73
Mar 8 2017 01:35pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ Mar 8 2017 03:33pm)
kid is so mad that he looks like a lawn gnome on steroids but at least he can "prove" it

i run for an hour a day to be healthy, not to impress anyone. i don't have such low self esteem that i feel the need to lift weights every hour on the hour. you could probably just jerk off all the other bros you spend your day with at the gym and get the same workout, hell, you can double down then and get your protein all at once

i hoenstly feel bad for people like you. you're going to look like a shrivelled shell of a human being by the age of 35 and as i said in my OP have saggier tits than my grandma. that or you'll continue juicing and just look like a pathetic old white trash biker type

but i don't juice anymore?! and i dont plan on competing anymore either (reason i did)

so..?! again, your brilliant argument #2 is invalid.
damn im good at this keyboard battling.

e/ i dont even think you're reading my posts, i just said i barley lift weights anymore :rofl:
where are you coming up with these statements lmao

This post was edited by Tear on Mar 8 2017 01:36pm
Gold: 1.00
Mar 8 2017 01:36pm
Quote (Tear @ Mar 8 2017 02:35pm)
but i don't juice anymore?! and i dont plan on competing anymore either (reason i did)

#1 keyboard warrior
Gold: 5,248.73
Mar 8 2017 01:37pm
Quote (Joeking @ Mar 8 2017 03:36pm)
#1 keyboard warrior

i deserve a happy meal or something from mcdonalds for this title.
Gold: 0.80
Mar 8 2017 01:37pm
OP getting loads of help here
Gold: 13,750.00
Mar 8 2017 01:39pm
Quote (Tear @ Mar 8 2017 02:35pm)

e/ i dont even think you're reading my posts, i just said i barley lift weights anymore :rofl:
where are you coming up with these statements lmao

i'm following your social media though bro, you give such great advice on being fit...

Quote (Joeking @ Mar 8 2017 02:36pm)
#1 keyboard warrior

look, you've already got one bro here ready to share loads with you. grab a few more and you'll all be ripped

This post was edited by stuartg85 on Mar 8 2017 01:39pm
Gold: 1.00
Mar 8 2017 01:46pm
Quote (Tear @ Mar 8 2017 02:37pm)
i deserve a happy meal or something from mcdonalds for this title.

I'll provide that for you.

Quote (stuartg85 @ Mar 8 2017 02:39pm)
i'm following your social media though bro, you give such great advice on being fit...

look, you've already got one bro here ready to share loads with you. grab a few more and you'll all be ripped

Pretty sure I train less then you
Gold: 40.01
Mar 8 2017 02:45pm
everyone pull your dicks out smallest peeper wins
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev145678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll