d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Armour Prof Suggestion
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 18.92
Warn: 30%
Mar 2 2017 09:52pm
A lot of prof talk here. If half of the suggestions here made were implemented i'm sure the game would feel more interesting and fun to the people who asked for them. Why not have more profs and ways to make us improve our character. I see nothing wrong with more diversity more depth.

Since we are all on the suggestions why not have +1 forum prof. You see each post you make gives you +1 post prof which allows you to have more "respect" in other forums so you don't have to "give first". I see a lot of people getting their prof up fast.
Gold: 8,742.98
Mar 2 2017 10:41pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Mar 3 2017 04:52pm)
A lot of prof talk here. If half of the suggestions here made were implemented i'm sure the game would feel more interesting and fun to the people who asked for them. Why not have more profs and ways to make us improve our character. I see nothing wrong with more diversity more depth.

Since we are all on the suggestions why not have +1 forum prof. You see each post you make gives you +1 post prof which allows you to have more "respect" in other forums so you don't have to "give first". I see a lot of people getting their prof up fast.

Ummmm... I think you got the wrong impression of the comments... my own was being sarcastic to the point of being believable... so... in reality... how the fuck do you think they could come up with proficiency to armour defense when only wearing it, shit, you put on underpants, does that mean you get less shit stains over the years you wear underpants? The answer is simple, NO fucking way, you get shit stains because of your bodily functions... so how do you get armor prof wearing armor?

Anyway... delusions are just delusions.
Gold: 18.92
Warn: 30%
Mar 3 2017 08:50am
Quote (izParagonzi @ Mar 2 2017 11:41pm)
Ummmm... I think you got the wrong impression of the comments... my own was being sarcastic to the point of being believable... so... in reality... how the fuck do you think they could come up with proficiency to armour defense when only wearing it, shit, you put on underpants, does that mean you get less shit stains over the years you wear underpants? The answer is simple, NO fucking way, you get shit stains because of your bodily functions... so how do you get armor prof wearing armor?

Anyway... delusions are just delusions.

Wow you are just lashing out at anyone you can. Once I got to the third page I stopped reading last night (which means I didn`t even see what you posted). There`s very little logic in what you are saying. How can you be so concerned about changes to the game when the closest you`ve come to a mq this season is level 7...

When a line shoots out of your char and hits a monster you get prof according to the weapon you are using.
If armor prof were implemented it would just be an inversion of the same process When a mob shoots a line out and hits your char for damage, you would have a chance to get armor prof. SIMPLE. I don`t see how this is so hard to understand. Open your mind for a second.

About your shlt stain analogy which makes little to no sense lol; If I accumulated more and more shlt stains in my underwear I think they would become harder. I also think the smell would become worse and my nose would become more resistant to the smell.

I normally would keep this topic tracked and see what happens but I`m gonna untrack this one so I don`t get cancer.
Gold: 22,516.02
Mar 3 2017 09:22am
Cancer prof anyone?

But back on topic: I actually do like the idea of armor prof, even though I do think it would be kind of overpowered if it's as easy to gain as weapon profs, so I'd ask for something crazy, like a 1/1000 chance to gain prof per hit taken at rank 0 from monsters your level or reasonably higher, and then even worse odds with each rank gained. But then, implementation of this isn't really a high priority for me after all. -_-
Gold: 8,742.98
Mar 4 2017 02:23am
Quote (Bob888 @ Mar 4 2017 03:50am)
Wow you are just lashing out at anyone you can. Once I got to the third page I stopped reading last night (which means I didn`t even see what you posted). There`s very little logic in what you are saying. How can you be so concerned about changes to the game when the closest you`ve come to a mq this season is level 7...

When a line shoots out of your char and hits a monster you get prof according to the weapon you are using.
If armor prof were implemented it would just be an inversion of the same process When a mob shoots a line out and hits your char for damage, you would have a chance to get armor prof. SIMPLE. I don`t see how this is so hard to understand. Open your mind for a second.

About your shlt stain analogy which makes little to no sense lol; If I accumulated more and more shlt stains in my underwear I think they would become harder. I also think the smell would become worse and my nose would become more resistant to the smell.

I normally would keep this topic tracked and see what happens but I`m gonna untrack this one so I don`t get cancer.

Well, guess you have more GPs than me playing softcore where nothing matters if you die... oh w8, I used to play SC, got to rank XX in sword prof and so on before doing my very first mq... then I deleted that character because it didn't really matter, just like having armor proficiency when all a character does is put it on, it has nothing to do with them evading, parrying or even blocking an attack, not only that, you don't have shields on LS where you can implement shield bash and higher defense because you defend using a shield, you do NOT defend wearing armor, you just use your weapon skill to fend off attacks of certain nature... there are no bludgeoning, piercing, slashing or crushing attacks where you MAY find usefulness in armor profs... basically the only profs that people should get playing this game, is based on those minuscule attributes given to armors/weapons and charms, like +1 Parry.

There shouldn't be any armor proficiency category in this game, they should increase the defensive mods found on items like Parry and so on. It makes more sense... just like using toilet paper to wipe your ass instead of your hand or a leaf.
Gold: 431,940.99
Mar 4 2017 03:08am
iam looking for a shako, hope iam right in here thx :love:
Gold: 458.00
Mar 22 2017 07:44pm
Quote (a_hotter_otter @ Feb 20 2017 07:30pm)
lol. ok, tell me then, in real life, how would one gain armor Proficiency? I dont care about the mechanics in the game. tell me how someone would gain experience using armors in real life. Gaining proficiency in using armors. Do elaborate on that.

Knowing wher your gona get hit Knowing how move so the strong parts af you armor takes the hit . The more you practice this irl the better you get . :D O hi ther :P
Gold: 74,290.21
Mar 22 2017 07:45pm
Quote (da_stud @ Mar 22 2017 07:44pm)
Knowing wher your gona get hit Knowing how move so the strong parts af you armor takes the hit . The more you practice this irl the better you get . :D O hi ther :P

hey studly :love: good to see you.
** also, this is the only logical arguement someone has come up with yet.

This post was edited by a_hotter_otter on Mar 22 2017 07:51pm
Gold: 22,516.02
Mar 22 2017 08:47pm
Quote (a_hotter_otter @ Feb 20 2017 01:47pm)
this is not a good idea really. Like Papa said. You dont *USE* armor, it just sits on your character. Vs you USE charms, you USE weapons, you actively have to gain experience in swinging a sword, but an armor just sits there and takes hits. It is simple not logical to gain Armor Proficiency.

Quote (a_hotter_otter @ Feb 20 2017 02:30pm)
lol. ok, tell me then, in real life, how would one gain armor Proficiency? I dont care about the mechanics in the game. tell me how someone would gain experience using armors in real life. Gaining proficiency in using armors. Do elaborate on that.

Quote (RistVaLL @ Feb 20 2017 02:51pm)
Well actually in real life you can learn how to endure damage

Quote (da_stud @ Mar 22 2017 09:44pm)

If you're wearing a plate, all parts of the armor are pretty strong... against physical attacks ;)

So maybe if you're wearing a plate you should only be able to gain prof when you get hit by a spell cast ^_^

Oh wait, duh, you'll just take 0s from physical anyway, coz plate... so you wouldn't gain armor prof when getting hit by physical... :huh:

... :o :o :o Game made sense all along :D :thumbsup:

Gold: 458.00
Mar 22 2017 11:03pm
Quote (BWConformity @ Mar 23 2017 03:47am)
If you're wearing a plate, all parts of the armor are pretty strong... against physical attacks ;)

So maybe if you're wearing a plate you should only be able to gain prof when you get hit by a spell cast ^_^

Oh wait, duh, you'll just take 0s from physical anyway, coz plate... so you wouldn't gain armor prof when getting hit by physical... :huh:

... :o :o :o Game made sense all along :D :thumbsup:

Hammer vs plate. Glancing tho? Oo
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll