d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Milk > Good/bad For You?
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 9 2017 08:44am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jan 9 2017 09:17am)
Bunch of slack jawed faggots around here.

I drink a glass of milk 3-4 times a week. It's a good cheap source of protein and I need it after workouts.

Gold: 9,256.00
Jan 9 2017 08:59am
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 9 2017 07:44am)

Whey protein is extracted from milk. I used to drink protein but got lazy about it.

On a side note I think it's funny that so many people nickel and dime on eating "healthy" for example like not drinking milk or eating gluten while at the same time engaging in other behaviors that are much worse. I work with this girl she goes to the gym 4-5 times a week and eats extremely clean but then she goes out and gets hammered 3 times a week. Or another example, i used to do data entry and there was a girl there that weighed a solid 300 lbs. She'd have a salad and healthy foods everyday for lunch and I'm thinking to myself... yeah it's nice you try to eat healthy but if you want to loose weight you have to accompany it exercise...Doesn't matter how clean you it, if the only calories your burning is on a keyboard nothing will change.
Gold: 119,903.34
Jan 9 2017 10:01am
It's not really required for you at all just like it's not really required at all to eat potatoes but you can and within moderation you should be fine.

I mean even eating dairy daily isn't going to hurt you. The main issue with food health are in ensuring you don't eat too many calories or eat too much sugar/sodium and get a varied amount of vitamins/minerals.

But the milk lobby has done a great job at ingraining into consumers heads that milk is a miracle juice when it's really like any other source of nutrition, just an option.

Quote (ofthevoid @ Jan 9 2017 09:59am)
Whey protein is extracted from milk. I used to drink protein but got lazy about it.

On a side note I think it's funny that so many people nickel and dime on eating "healthy" for example like not drinking milk or eating gluten while at the same time engaging in other behaviors that are much worse. I work with this girl she goes to the gym 4-5 times a week and eats extremely clean but then she goes out and gets hammered 3 times a week. Or another example, i used to do data entry and there was a girl there that weighed a solid 300 lbs. She'd have a salad and healthy foods everyday for lunch and I'm thinking to myself... yeah it's nice you try to eat healthy but if you want to loose weight you have to accompany it exercise...Doesn't matter how clean you it, if the only calories your burning is on a keyboard nothing will change.

The women who is pushing 300 pounds is most likely pounding tubs of ice cream at home.

Kind of mean to think that but even a serious medical condition, there's hardly any reality that 300 pounds while maintaining consistent calorie intake that is within reason could ever be at that amount of weight.

This post was edited by sir_lance_bb on Jan 9 2017 10:08am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 9 2017 10:12am
milk is my favorite drink
but i'd be happy to see the dairy industry go away
the amount of land and resources dedicated to raising cows for beef and dairy in this country is completely insane
Gold: 2,094.99
Jan 9 2017 10:13am
I legitimately haven't drank milk in about 20 years 👀
Gold: 152.00
Jan 9 2017 10:23am
From the research I've seen, the healthiness and safety of consuming milk isn't well established. In general I'd say if you're adamant about health it's probably best to avoid it unless you specifically require some of its nutrients. Or if you're a vegan you won't really be missing out on much nutritionally by avoiding dairy.

As for the ethics of it, dairy products are far and away the least cruel animal food products made at factory farms. The reason for this is the obscenely large amount of milk a single cow can produce in his life. It's still worrh avoiding if you want to absolutely minimize suffering but other food products are so overwhelmingly more heinous (thousands and thousands of times more per calorie) that it's not at all worth focusing on ATM.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jan 9 2017 10:50am
heres what's coming in my mind

Gold: 1,532.01
Jan 9 2017 10:52am
Quote (Voyaging @ Jan 9 2017 05:23pm)
From the research I've seen, the healthiness and safety of consuming milk isn't well established. In general I'd say if you're adamant about health it's probably best to avoid it unless you specifically require some of its nutrients. Or if you're a vegan you won't really be missing out on much nutritionally by avoiding dairy.

As for the ethics of it, dairy products are far and away the least cruel animal food products made at factory farms. The reason for this is the obscenely large amount of milk a single cow can produce in his life. It's still worrh avoiding if you want to absolutely minimize suffering but other food products are so overwhelmingly more heinous (thousands and thousands of times more per calorie) that it's not at all worth focusing on ATM.

What about the distress caused to a cow when it's denied more than a day with the many calves it's forced to spit out over its lifetime?
Gold: 2,407.00
Jan 9 2017 10:56am
SS + GOMAD
Gold: 45,015.90
Warn: 20%
Jan 9 2017 11:02am
I drink about 3L-4L of milk/day
My bones are stronk

stronk enough to hold up my morbidly obese ass all day from drinking all dat milk
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll