d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump Calls Climate A Global Warming Sceptic > At Environment Agency
Prev167891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 752.10
Dec 9 2016 10:40am
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 9 2016 10:35am)
sportsmanlike is a spectrum. my 300 win mag is more sportsmen than dynamite fishing, and less than my longbow which is less than my throwing knives.

but there needs to be a distinction between the difficulty to kill an animal and what's more fair for the animal. if anything an enemy of factory farming should be an enemy of sportsmenlike hunting. bow hunters leave more deer for the coyotes but also cause a lot of anguish for the deer.

Issue I have with factory farming isn't how they are killed, it's essentially instant death. It's that their entire existence until their death is shit conditions. At least your prey lived a decent life. I've been giving more thought lately into going vegetarian if not vegan but I enjoy the taste of meat too much.
Gold: 14.88
Dec 9 2016 10:42am
Quote (nobrow @ Dec 9 2016 08:33am)
I don't see how that is any worse than factory farming, I view it as being more humane. Only problem I have with hunting is people act like it's sportsman like as they use their modern rifles.

Side note: Do you read/watch game of thrones?

I let other's do my animal killing. Before I talk about Game of Thrones, I do thing I could do that skinning thing Tywin did when they introduced him on the show. But the killing bit, not my jam. I first watched the show after my sister told me to check it out, so I binge watched seasons 1-3 one summer and was able to appreciate the quality of those seasons before seeing the show completely shit the bed.

I obsess over various forms of media rather then consuming various forms of media at the same time. So I've read the Song of Ice and Fire books and am in the process of a re-read, I don't remember much of A Feast for Crows or A Dance with Dragons. I listen to Radio Westeros and follow Preston Jacobs on the ol' YouTube. In between re-reads I got obsessed with Neon Genesis Evangelion and will probably do a re-watch soon. It's hard for me to find series I enjoy, since I'm a huge fucking weeb/faggot/nerd but I can't stand comic books and Star Wars. At the moment, as it shames me to say, I'm closing a chapter on my youth and finishing Inuyasha which I used to watch on Adult Swim.
Gold: 2,489.69
Dec 9 2016 10:48am
Quote (nobrow @ Dec 9 2016 10:40am)
Issue I have with factory farming isn't how they are killed, it's essentially instant death. It's that their entire existence until their death is shit conditions. At least your prey lived a decent life. I've been giving more thought lately into going vegetarian if not vegan but I enjoy the taste of meat too much.

i agree, just saying shooting an animal and letting it bleed out is making it suffer so that you can tell yourself you did what was most "fair" for the deer. I think what's most fair is to be chomping on corn one second and dead the next.

that said i do agree some hunters have an inflated idea about their skill and an indifference to animal suffering.

Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Dec 9 2016 10:42am)
I let other's do my animal killing. Before I talk about Game of Thrones, I do thing I could do that skinning thing Tywin did when they introduced him on the show. But the killing bit, not my jam. I first watched the show after my sister told me to check it out, so I binge watched seasons 1-3 one summer and was able to appreciate the quality of those seasons before seeing the show completely shit the bed.

I obsess over various forms of media rather then consuming various forms of media at the same time. So I've read the Song of Ice and Fire books and am in the process of a re-read, I don't remember much of A Feast for Crows or A Dance with Dragons. I listen to Radio Westeros and follow Preston Jacobs on the ol' YouTube. In between re-reads I got obsessed with Neon Genesis Evangelion and will probably do a re-watch soon. It's hard for me to find series I enjoy, since I'm a huge fucking weeb/faggot/nerd but I can't stand comic books and Star Wars. At the moment, as it shames me to say, I'm closing a chapter on my youth and finishing Inuyasha which I used to watch on Adult Swim.

if you EVER want to theory craft ASOIAF drop me a line. and if u havent read the prequel Knight of the Seven Kingdoms series yet, drop whatever book you're rereading now and read that first, maybe twice.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Dec 9 2016 10:48am
Gold: 500.00
Dec 9 2016 10:49am
all i have to say on the subject is that i trust bill nye and neil degrasse tyson, why would they lie?
Gold: 752.10
Dec 9 2016 10:54am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Dec 9 2016 10:42am)

If you're interested and have the time
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/george-r-r-martin-the-rolling-stone-interview-20140423

Quote (GRRM)
COMMENT:By contrast, when Ned Stark beheads the Night Watchman, and later, when Ned's son Robb beheads another man, those killings take a toll on the two Starks. It's not easy for them to do it. It weighs on them.
ANSWER:
As it should, I think. Taking human life should always be a very serious thing. There's something very close up about the Middle Ages. You're taking a sharp piece of steel and hacking at someone's head, and you're getting spattered with his blood, and you're hearing his screams. In some ways maybe it's more brutal that we've insulated ourselves from that. We're setting up mechanisms where we can kill human beings with drones and missiles where you're sitting at a console and pressing the button. We never have to hear their whimpering, or hear them begging for their mother, or dying in horrible realities around us. I don't know if that's necessarily such a good thing. You see this same moral struggle all through history. It's always the question, when you're at war, do you do whatever it takes to win, or do you actually maintain your own moral standard and ideals? Should we be waterboarding people? What if we get valuable information that saves our lives? Well, even so, aren't we compromising ourselves? But if it prevents another 9/11, is torture worth it? I don't know, but it's a question worth asking. Do you commit horrible crimes to stay alive so your side should win?
Gold: 475.46
Dec 9 2016 11:37am
why did you add the 3rd joke option? Totally negates the entire poll... fuck sake
Dec 9 2016 11:46am
Quote (nobrow @ Dec 9 2016 08:54am)

He may not be the best writer, but he delivers solid internal struggle.
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 9 2016 12:17pm
usual denial-clown registry:

- it's too late
- it's china's fault
- it's not that a big issue
- it's vital for economy
- it can be fixed quickly later

... such cowardice giving me nausea. those people are irresponsible, stupid, or criminal.

Dec 9 2016 12:36pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Dec 9 2016 10:17am)
usual denial-clown registry:

- it's too late
- it's china's fault
- it's not that a big issue
- it's vital for economy
- it can be fixed quickly later

... such cowardice giving me nausea. those people are irresponsible, stupid, or criminal.

Cry more cheese eating surrender monkey
Gold: 83.30
Dec 9 2016 12:38pm
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Dec 9 2016 06:36pm)
Cry more cheese eating surrender monkey

t. People who needed the French to partially liberate them from British cuckoldry.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll