d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump Calls Climate A Global Warming Sceptic > At Environment Agency
Prev15678911Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,489.69
Dec 9 2016 09:54am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Dec 9 2016 09:46am)
We're seeing a surge in political movements that oppose world governance. It's a battle against the UN, the EU, and even Federalism in the US. I don't take Calexit seriously, but I'm sure some people do.

If world government is to occur, it has a couple of new political hurdles to jump over.

you know i shot a deer 3 years ago, spike buck i thought was a doe. i had just climbed the tower and up he jumped. First shot hit him in the upper ass at about 100 yards. He hobbled a bit and the second round double lung'd him. So i pulled out my chilli thermas and watch. he crawled to a low spot and there he lay, so i ate chilli for 30 minutes. when i climbed down he got up and ran 10 or so yards, then fell. So i came up on him and stood there for about 5 minutes with us looking at each other. the first time i tried to slit his throat he used every last ounce of strength he had to buck me off and get away. he got 2 yards and when i climbed on his back the second time i could feel he didn't have an ounce of strength left. he was nothing but a piece of meat with a beating heart, yet 20 seconds before he bucked me off and slid away.
Gold: 39.20
Dec 9 2016 09:55am
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 9 2016 07:54am)
you know i shot a deer 3 years ago, spike buck i thought was a doe. i had just climbed the tower and up he jumped. First shot hit him in the upper ass at about 100 yards. He hobbled a bit and the second round double lung'd him. So i pulled out my chilli thermas and watch. he crawled to a low spot and there he lay, so i ate chilli for 30 minutes. when i climbed down he got up and ran 10 or so yards, then fell. So i came up on him and stood there for about 5 minutes with us looking at each other. the first time i tried to slit his throat he used every last ounce of strength he had to buck me off and get away. he got 2 yards and when i climbed on his back the second time i could feel he didn't have an ounce of strength left. he was nothing but a piece of meat with a beating heart, yet 20 seconds before he bucked me off and slid away.

This is why I can't hunt.
Dec 9 2016 09:59am
Quote (Impose @ Dec 9 2016 09:55am)
This is why I can't hunt.

i almost quit after that year to be quite honest. that 5 minute stare down, air coming into his chest and out his back through the bullet hole i put there, weez weez weez gurgle weez. eye contact more intense than i've ever had. but when he died and i knew he wasn't hurt anymore i felt both sad and happy.

now i aim for the head and neck area. large chance ill miss but if i do they run away. unless its a trophy buck, but i've never seen one.
Gold: 39.20
Dec 9 2016 10:09am
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 9 2016 07:59am)
i almost quit after that year to be quite honest. that 5 minute stare down, air coming into his chest and out his back through the bullet hole i put there, weez weez weez gurgle weez. eye contact more intense than i've ever had. but when he died and i knew he wasn't hurt anymore i felt both sad and happy.

now i aim for the head and neck area. large chance ill miss but if i do they run away. unless its a trophy buck, but i've never seen one.

That I could do. I'm not against hunting at all. Im a biologist ffs. But i dont get joy from animal suffering. I could do the headshots or quick deaths.

But I get so angry at abused animals or helpless children suffering that I know if I caused someone or something to suffer by my own hand it would stick with me for a while. Its probably my only real sensitivity
Gold: 14.88
Dec 9 2016 10:12am
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 9 2016 07:54am)

Christ, fuck hunting.

But yea, a story about the brutal killing of an animal isn't the best image to conjure when talking about ending nation states.

This post was edited by PlasmaSnake101 on Dec 9 2016 10:15am
Dec 9 2016 10:18am
Quote (Impose @ Dec 9 2016 10:09am)
That I could do. I'm not against hunting at all. Im a biologist ffs. But i dont get joy from animal suffering. I could do the headshots or quick deaths.

But I get so angry at abused animals or helpless children suffering that I know if I caused someone or something to suffer by my own hand it would stick with me for a while. Its probably my only real sensitivity

i cried for a good couple of minutes after. had a few smokes. then told myself you get you ass up and drag that deer back to the shed. you take every slab of meat off of him and not even the bones go to the coyotes. and that's what i did, drug him 150 or so yards out of the swamp and made the best use of his sacrifice i could. but it stuck with me a LONG time, it's still there.

since middle school i've trapped on and off. if you can kill a trapped animal you can kill most things. The look of panic on the eyes of a raccoon when it's been in a trap for 10 or so hours is something no one can smile at that i've met. the cowards throw the trap with a rope on it in the pond. I put a 22 behind their ear and end it.

Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Dec 9 2016 10:12am)
Christ, fuck hunting.

But yea, a story about the brutal killing of an animal isn't the best image to conjure when talking about ending nation states.

usually it aint so bad, but when i maim an animal its always tough. it is when you consider the sacrifice their making to be both sad and necessary. i don't want an end to distinct cultural regions, its anthropologically criminal.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Dec 9 2016 10:19am
Gold: 14.88
Dec 9 2016 10:26am
Quote (thesnipa @ Dec 9 2016 08:18am)
usually it aint so bad, but when i maim an animal its always tough. it is when you consider the sacrifice their making to be both sad and necessary. i don't want an end to distinct cultural regions, its anthropologically criminal.

I once hit a rabbit driving back to Las Vegas from Reno. Had brain matter on the bottom of the car. Felt bad, but was more angry. Fucking dark desert road was like infested with rabbits, I'm shocked I only slew one.
Gold: 752.10
Dec 9 2016 10:33am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Dec 9 2016 10:12am)
Christ, fuck hunting.

I don't see how that is any worse than factory farming, I view it as being more humane. Only problem I have with hunting is people act like it's sportsman like as they use their modern rifles.

Side note: Do you read/watch game of thrones?
Dec 9 2016 10:35am
Quote (nobrow @ Dec 9 2016 10:33am)
I don't see how that is any worse than factory farming, I view it as being more humane. Only problem I have with hunting is people act like it's sportsman like as they use their modern rifles.

Side note: Do you read/watch game of thrones?

sportsmanlike is a spectrum. my 300 win mag is more sportsmen than dynamite fishing, and less than my longbow which is less than my throwing knives.

but there needs to be a distinction between the difficulty to kill an animal and what's more fair for the animal. if anything an enemy of factory farming should be an enemy of sportsmenlike hunting. bow hunters leave more deer for the coyotes but also cause a lot of anguish for the deer.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Dec 9 2016 10:37am
global warming is a fact; and China will be a leader in mandkind self destruction process.

Just look at the sun, oh wait! -_-
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678911Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll