d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Therapist Shot Assisting Autistic Patient With > With A Toy Truck
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jul 21 2016 08:20am
trumptards be like:

"there is no problem with police training. this is just a freak incident, happens all over the world.
he had it coming anyway, lazy ass freeloaders just lying around in the streets.
also, black on black crime is so much worse, hurr durr..."
Gold: 2,489.69
Jul 21 2016 08:23am
Quote (Bazi @ Jul 21 2016 08:10am)
Ah yes I don't disagree with that. I agree the story has gained press due primarily the insane circumstances, and within reason. Someone else earlier in this thread said at first mention they thought it was an onion article, and I thought the exact same thing when it popped on my Facebook feed. I just want to know the mental processes going on in the cop at the time. Was it an accident or intentional? If intentional why not shoot the guy with the suspected weapon if you're going to decide to shoot at all?

ya im questioning the events heavily. I think it will be an evolving case a bit, perhaps a shoddy call into the dispatch by some "concerned citizen" that led the cop to believe it was a dangerous situation, like the Tamir Rice case where dispatch failed to pass along that the gun may or may not be fake (yet somehow kept her job and out of jail, that one still boggles me it was gross incompetence). Or it could also be a trigger happy cop who should be off the force pronto and working as a rent a cop with nothing more than mace on his utility belt. Just seems like its not adding up given how insane the events are. Kind of like the Indian elderly man who was brutally arrested for walking around his son's neighborhood on a visit to the US, lots of wierd compounding circumstances which add up to a wierd event.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 21 2016 08:25am
Quote (fender @ Jul 21 2016 09:20am)
trumptards be like:

"there is no problem with police training. this is just a freak incident, happens all over the world.
he had it coming anyway, lazy ass freeloaders just lying around in the streets.
also, black on black crime is so much worse, hurr durr..."

lol

I've seen this so many times here.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 21 2016 08:28am
Gold: 18,470.03
Jul 21 2016 10:56am
Well they weren't going to shoot the trump supporter, he was just playing with a toy truck, and they had to shoot someone.
Gold: 8,933.00
Jul 21 2016 11:33am
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Jul 21 2016 03:49am)
Made me giggle trying to picture Dianne Feinstein draft legislation containing a list of cosmetic accessories to trucks that make them a danger to the public because they look scary or cool. First thing that came to mind, spoilers and aftermarket mufflers have got to go, it applies to cars as well since they're for assault cars.

Push vars, obvs.
Gold: 40.42
Jul 21 2016 01:22pm
Cops did, however, shoot Kinsey. "I thought it was a mosquito bite," Kinsey explained to WSVN, "and when it hit me I had my hands in the air, and I'm thinking I just got shot! And I'm saying, 'Sir, why did you shoot me?' and his words to me were, 'I don't know.'"

I dunno man. Just seemed like the thing to do, y'know? Just like, no big deal.

Jesus, we need to disarm a whooooole lot of cops and make them prove that they deserve the fucking things, I think.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jul 21 2016 01:30pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jul 21 2016 01:22pm)
I dunno man. Just seemed like the thing to do, y'know? Just like, no big deal.

Jesus, we need to disarm a whooooole lot of cops and make them prove that they deserve the fucking things, I think.

That would be nice, if there were a virtual reality simulator that we could use to test them. Sadly in reality we can only perform woefully inadequate psych exams then sit back and wait for them to fuck up and get their badge/gun removed. I think disarming is a worse strategy than improving accountability.
Gold: 9.87
Jul 21 2016 01:31pm
That's a nice lawsuit. Cop should lose his badge and go to jail.

This post was edited by timmayX on Jul 21 2016 01:33pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Jul 21 2016 02:57pm
The Romans had a solution for such problems: decimation.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Jul 21 2016 04:34pm
This is a case where black lives matter should be out there for. This was some real bullshit. As a white dude, i can very confidently say if it were me there's probably a very low % chance I'd have been shot.

I don't get why BLM focuses on pieces of shit like Michael Brown who attacked a cop and deserved to get shot, Freddie Gray who didn't deserve to die but was a career criminal, Eric Garner whose death really was an accident but was doing some illegal shit and was arrested 30 times in his life. Why is all the focus on these pieces of shit and not cases like this where a black dude was doing everything correct and by the book and got shot.

Makes me sick to watch the video, but it frustrates me as a person who agrees that cops have a quicker trigger against blacks than they do whites. Granted, I think the solution is to get black communities to raise themselves up and bash each other when they commit crime rather than support it and say "that's what it's like in the black community." Take the Asian approach as a hated group and beat white people at their own stupid game.

Sigh...
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll