d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Perfect Metaphor
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,983.50
Jul 21 2016 08:50am
This certainly is worse than mexicans chasing trump supporters and beating the shit out of them.
You know, for having an opinion.

This post was edited by herbdoc on Jul 21 2016 08:51am
Gold: 2,489.69
Jul 21 2016 09:00am
Quote (herbdoc @ Jul 21 2016 08:50am)
This certainly is worse than mexicans chasing trump supporters and beating the shit out of them.
You know, for having an opinion.

the worse doesnt wash out the bad. If you want a thread for that subject feel free to post one with relevant articles and your commentary.
Jul 21 2016 09:07am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 21 2016 10:00am)
the worse doesnt wash out the bad. If you want a thread for that subject feel free to post one with relevant articles and your commentary.

You serious? This article is showing this "poor ol' fragile woman getting harassed". Which is totally bullshit, ahe isn't allowed in the convention if she is a protestor, it's a private event.

As if this even compares to what has happened to women who support trump? Like egg pelting within 5 meters?

This post was edited by herbdoc on Jul 21 2016 09:07am
Jul 21 2016 09:13am
Quote (herbdoc @ Jul 21 2016 09:07am)
You serious? This article is showing this "poor ol' fragile woman getting harassed". Which is totally bullshit, ahe isn't allowed in the convention if she is a protestor, it's a private event.

As if this even compares to what has happened to women who support trump? Like egg pelting within 5 meters?

So no protesters at all are allowed in this private event?

Well lets put that bunk to the test shall we? Ted Cruz spoke out against Trump. Kasich would have as well but declined the offer to attend. The floor is pull of Paultards and NeverTrump crowd.

So basically one kind of protester isn't allowed. Feel free to make some flawed argument based in republican protesters vs democrat protesters but these people aren't closely affiliated enough with the DNC to make that work either.

But, sure, it compared with people getting pelted with eggs. Its comparatively not as bad. Both are news, both deserve threads, only one is relevant to this thread for the most part. And this is notable because it took place on the convention floor, not outside.

And like i said above, i have no issues with organizers kicking out whomever they please, but allow entirely argument for or against that action. We can accept the rule of law while still debating its merit.
Jul 21 2016 09:20am
Comparing a delegate and senator to a person waving a home made sign. :blink:

This deserves attention? A protestor with a sign having a difficult time displaying it inside a private convention.

Let me ask you, do you think if inwere to stand in the DNC holding a sign that said "LIAR, CROOKED, KILLER" i wouldn't receive a similar/worse reaction as what happened here?

Do you think major news outlets would even report that?

Also, it took place during a break and in the stadium seats, not really on the convention floor. (Like colbert did with the microphone before the convention started)
Not like this happened in the middle of some speech.

But hey, the media will be the media.

This post was edited by herbdoc on Jul 21 2016 09:27am
Jul 21 2016 09:30am
Quote (herbdoc @ Jul 21 2016 09:20am)
Comparing a delegate and senator to a person waving a home made sign. :blink:

This deserves attention? A protestor with a sign having a difficult time displaying it inside a private convention.

Let me ask you, do you think if inwere to stand in the DNC holding a sign that said "LIAR, CROOKED, KILLER" i wouldn't receive a similar/worse reaction as what happened here?

Do you think major news outlets would even report that?

Also, it took place during a break and in the stadium seats, not really on the convention floor. (Like colbert didnwith the microphone before the convention started)
Not like this happened in the middle of some speech.

But hey, the media will be the media.

So you're comparing a sign of you insulting the delegate to one that says 'No Racism, No Hate'?

It would be a good comparison if her sign said "Racist, Bigot, Liar". But it doesnt. That seems to be the point you've missed that makes this news worthy (hint hint, the title of this thread eludes to that point.)

Arguing that something is "news worthy" doesnt mean its front page news, that's why newpapers have additional sections with lower priority news. That's where a story like this belongs, reported on but not overblown.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 21 2016 09:36am
So brave for people to stand up for racism and hate ☺

Why is peace and equality so offensive to these people?

Covering it with the American flag? I bet those flags were even manufactured in China, to make the metaphor complete.
Jul 21 2016 09:45am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 21 2016 10:30am)

It would be a good comparison if her sign said "Racist, Bigot, Liar". But it doesnt. .

Are you fucking kidding me LOL.
Because I'm sure she was just there saying no racism no no hate as a general statement right it wasn't directed towards, I don't know, Trump?

I would like to see an interview her ask her why she was holding that sign up and why she thinks Trump is a racist and why she thinks he hates people

Jul 21 2016 09:45am
You guys are being silly
Gold: 49,142.00
Jul 21 2016 10:51am
I think its more of the fact that shes implying the republican party represents hate and racism by protesting like she was, not so much that republicans are for racism and hate, you know? Whatever though, ill let you hardcore liberals jerk each other off
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll