d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Black Lives Matter
Prev1171819202136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Aug 3 2016 06:23am
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 27 2016 11:43am)
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/27/us/freddie-gray-verdict-baltimore-officers/index.html

Apparently nothing bad happened in Baltimore that day. Natural causes, or maybe he hung himself in back of the van....

I find the Freddie Gray case interesting because 3 were black, including one black female. Clearly indicating, this isn't a race issue. I agree, these cops caused the death of Freddie Gray. I also believe Freddie Gray was a piece of shit career criminal who was going to be a drain on the legal system and contribute little to society, though he didn't deserve to die.

My point is, black cops and white cops were involved. It's not a race issue. Get over that bullshit and just call it what it is "6 corrupt cops kill a man" instead of "black man didn't deserve to die, racism assumed."
Gold: 500.00
Aug 3 2016 06:45am
kill da black folk, problem solved and no more black lives matter bs

This post was edited by duffman316 on Aug 3 2016 06:45am
Gold: 285.00
Aug 3 2016 07:07am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Aug 3 2016 07:23am)
I find the Freddie Gray case interesting because 3 were black, including one black female. Clearly indicating, this isn't a race issue. I agree, these cops caused the death of Freddie Gray. I also believe Freddie Gray was a piece of shit career criminal who was going to be a drain on the legal system and contribute little to society, though he didn't deserve to die.

My point is, black cops and white cops were involved. It's not a race issue. Get over that bullshit and just call it what it is "6 corrupt cops kill a man" instead of "black man didn't deserve to die, racism assumed."

It is a race issue because the victims are overwhelmingly of one race. Black and white cops are all cops, they swear the same oath, and they belong to the same organization.

The focus is on how the criminal justice system (mis)treats black males....it is consistent, it is a racial issue.

Police are consistently allowed to kill black men who have been convicted of nothing (outside of public opinion) and not be punished for it. White cops and black cops.

Black police killing black males and it being OK is still racial Aspen.

The police have become more egalitarian though. Usually the white cops wouldn't be charged, and the black cops would have to plea. Seems equality is at least hitting some of our police departments.

Are people really voting Hate Group?

Lol.

What, did you all make a youtube channel and call them garbage or something?

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 3 2016 07:11am
Gold: 500.00
Aug 3 2016 07:11am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 3 2016 08:07am)
It is a race issue because the victims are overwhelmingly of one race. Black and white cops are all cops, they swear the same oath, and they belong to the same organization.

The focus is on how the criminal justice system (mis)treats black males....it is consistent, it is a racial issue.

Police are consistently allowed to kill black men who have been convicted of nothing (outside of public opinion) and not be punished for it. White cops and black cops.

the killing will stop when black folks realize they are second class citizens and are not afforded the same consideration as their non black counterparts

black parents should be diligent on such matters educating their children about how the simplest harmless activities can get them killed

This post was edited by duffman316 on Aug 3 2016 07:11am
Gold: 285.00
Aug 3 2016 08:21am
Quote (duffman316 @ Aug 3 2016 08:11am)
the killing will stop when black folks realize they are second class citizens and are not afforded the same consideration as their non black counterparts

black parents should be diligent on such matters educating their children about how the simplest harmless activities can get them killed

Black parents are pretty diligent in telling their children that, but it gets pretty absurd sometimes.

But most of them do. I have done service learning things with kids who weren't from the kind of schools that got cool field trips and they will tell you that the other kids get good sports, nicer classes, newer books, and field trips, because they are better than them. And it is more have/have nots like usual, but the haves tend to be all white, and the have nots tend to me a lot of blacks with some white people....like a chocolate cookie with white chocolate chips in it. The number of Hispanic kids I've met are much lower than the amount I seen around the schools' neighborhoods I've done this with which to me suggests only a portion are going to school and there are many truants, probably due to immigration status.

But they will tell you that those people are better than them and that is why they have cars and iphones and designer clothing and a PS4, a football team, current edition books, musical instruments, art supplies...

The emphasis on critical education is coming about though, finally.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 3 2016 08:22am
Retired Moderator
Gold: 35,078.94
Trader: Trusted
Aug 3 2016 08:23am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 3 2016 09:21am)
Black parents are pretty diligent in telling their children that, but it gets pretty absurd sometimes.

But most of them do. I have done service learning things with kids who weren't from the kind of schools that got cool field trips and they will tell you that the other kids get good sports, nicer classes, newer books, and field trips, because they are better than them. And it is more have/have nots like usual, but the haves tend to be all white, and the have nots tend to me a lot of blacks with some white people....like a chocolate cookie with white chocolate chips in it. The number of Hispanic kids I've met are much lower than the amount I seen around the schools' neighborhoods I've done this with which to me suggests only a portion are going to school and there are many truants, probably due to immigration status.

But they will tell you that those people are better than them and that is why they have cars and iphones and designer clothing and a PS4, a football team, current edition books, musical instruments, art supplies...

yeah, because black people don't have a ps4, iphones and designer clothing...
Gold: 6.66
Aug 3 2016 02:38pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 3 2016 01:07pm)

The police have become more egalitarian though. Usually the white cops wouldn't be charged, and the black cops would have to plea. Seems equality is at least hitting some of our police departments.

This.
Gold: 200.83
Aug 3 2016 03:30pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 3 2016 05:07am)

Are people really voting Hate Group?

Lol.

What, did you all make a youtube channel and call them garbage or something?

you have some data for this statement?

This post was edited by majorblood on Aug 3 2016 03:31pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 3 2016 03:33pm
they want slave reparations ...what kind of group would that be?

This post was edited by stimpy6298 on Aug 3 2016 03:38pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Aug 3 2016 03:34pm
Quote (majorblood @ Aug 3 2016 03:30pm)
you have some data for this statement?

Are you questioning the total or the proportionality. Of course with a 70%-13% difference more whites overall will be killed. Its the rate of victimization that is important. I'm assuming you wouldnt call for data on disproportionate killing and jailing of black people, thats accepted as fact.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1171819202136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll