d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Political Quotes Thread
Prev15678943Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 10 2016 11:06pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 11 Jul 2016 05:01)
Right you cant be bothered to make an intellectual point or know what you are talking about.
Instead you take the lazy route of declaring someone evil and assign a wide variety of often-erroneous traits to him to immediately write off anything he says or does, and anyone who is familiar with him.

YOU refuse to make intellectual points and then you proclaim that it is I who can't be reasoned with, so why bother.
A self-fulfilling prophecy of intellectual bankruptcy and cowardice.

Nope. I've done this argument before and you proved yourself impervious to reason and supported Molyneux's assessment that most of America wants you and him shot.

In the face of such utter insanity I choose not to become embroiled in it a second time. Simple.

Call it cowardice if you want, if that helps you reconcile it. I couldn't give a shit. You're utterly irrational when it comes to Molyneux and I cba to argue the toss with you.

And it's my bedtime. Goodnight, sleep tight and rest easy in the knowledge that I can simultaneously disagree with you and not think you should be shot.
Gold: 7,526.30
Jul 10 2016 11:31pm
Nope. I've done this argument before and you proved yourself impervious to reason and supported Molyneux's assessment that most of America wants you and him shot.

This sounds like another extreme misrepresentation of what was said, stripped from all context, used to score points by painting the other guy as strange and unreasonable without actually showing it or making an intellectual point.

Taking issue with some of the things he said is legitimate. Hes said a lot of shit in his prolific career, and there is plenty of room for valid disagreement and differing points of views, nor is he perfect.
Rather than "I disagree with him on point x and point y and here is why", or even "i disagree with him here and don't want to talk about it, but he might not be wrong or evil here" you call him a cult leader and associate him with a serial killer(despite him being radically pro-peace and non-aggression), and try to use some cherry picked and misrepresented points you didn't like the sound of(and didnt understand) as a reason to dismiss everything he says and deflect from your own highly visible errors and false accusations.
Its the trademark of a shitty anti-intellectual human being.

Your tactics here are ironically a case study in the non-argument.
I'm running low on adjectives to describe the immaturity and despicable nature of your method.
You couldn't defend your assertion so your keep running your mouth with appeals to emotion and ad hom degeneracy.
Gold: 7,526.30
Jul 11 2016 12:31am
"arianna huff is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision."

-Donald Trump (2012)
Gold: 3.33
Jul 11 2016 12:40am
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 10 2016 11:07pm)
Well, he was right about the 1:1 ratio on the price of gold vs the DOW.... oh wait.

Quote (cambovenzi @ Jul 10 2016 11:20pm)
"the terror attack - like the original day of infamy, which brought an end to the Great Depression - could even do some economic good.
First, the driving force behind the economic slowdown has been a plunge in business investment. Now, all of a sudden, we need some new office buildings."

“If we discovered that space aliens were planning to attack, and we needed a massive build-up to counter the space alien threat, and inflation and budget deficits took secondary place to that, this slump would be over in 18 months,”

"To fight this recession the Fed needs more than a snapback; it needs soaring household spending to offset moribund business investment. And to do that, as Paul McCulley of Pimco put it, Alan Greenspan needs to create a housing bubble to replace the Nasdaq bubble."

"By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine's."

-Paul Krugman

nice hitjobs

wake me up when the hyperinflation hits, ron paul swears it's any day now...
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 11 2016 06:11am
Quote (Scaly @ Jul 11 2016 12:48am)
Also love his Elliot Roger-esque narrative about women choosing assholes over nice guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DXshfD3s6g

From about 1:43:00 onwards.

But I'm taking all this shit out of context and relying on hit pieces for my view of him.

Its true and he's right.

Before the welfare state, this bullshit didn't happen.

And single moms are delusional parents after the fact too. Statistics show they beat their kids like punching bags. And I don't blame him for being irate.

His mother dragged Stefan's father through a terrible divorce at a really young age and delusionally blamed "men" the rest of her life as is socially acceptable.

Quote (dro94 @ Jul 11 2016 02:40am)
nice hitjobs

wake me up when the hyperinflation hits, ron paul swears it's any day now...

Housing prices are shooting up quite nicely.
Jul 11 2016 10:44am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 11 2016 01:11pm)
Its true and he's right.

Before the welfare state, this bullshit didn't happen.

And single moms are delusional parents after the fact too. Statistics show they beat their kids like punching bags. And I don't blame him for being irate.

His mother dragged Stefan's father through a terrible divorce at a really young age and delusionally blamed "men" the rest of her life as is socially acceptable.

Housing prices are shooting up quite nicely.

Not an argument for hyperinflation
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Jul 11 2016 03:30pm
On-topic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_watch_me

Is the argument about that one wanna-be philosopher and long-time cult leader?

This post was edited by Gastly on Jul 11 2016 03:55pm
Jul 12 2016 01:46am
Quote (Gastly @ Jul 11 2016 10:30pm)
On-topic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_watch_me

Is the argument about that one wanna-be philosopher and long-time cult leader?

Bald guy with weird accent who makes YouTube videos purporting himself to be a libertarian, yet strangely loves trump (in contrast to libertarian ideals). Another Alex Jones

This post was edited by dro94 on Jul 12 2016 01:47am
Gold: 285.00
Jul 12 2016 06:12am
Quote (Scaly @ Jul 11 2016 12:06am)

In the face of such utter insanity I choose not to become embroiled in it a second time. Simple.

Call it cowardice if you want, if that helps you reconcile it. I couldn't give a shit. You're utterly irrational when it comes to Molyneux and I cba to argue the toss with you.

And it's my bedtime. Goodnight, sleep tight and rest easy in the knowledge that I can simultaneously disagree with you and not think you should be shot.

He is bad but his wife giving ideological medical advice and being reprimanded by the board of psychogists is beyond the pale.

Molyneux is a histrionic dude with no professional credientials tobspeak of and nobody would hear about If it wasn't for the platform of YouTube. Plus the "you want me shot" thing is hilarious. I bet his parents didn't spank. But his wife has credientials and should know better than to espouse his made up stuff about deFOOing etc to join his cult. She never used that in her private practice though. She turned ethics on for her practice, and turned them off for her husband's radio show. This is very funny to me being in that same line of work.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 12 2016 06:13am
Gold: 633.87
Jul 12 2016 09:56am
Quote (Scaly @ Jul 10 2016 11:56pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUoZBfz7r0U

Such reason, such logic.

I'm done here. Don't need this creepy fucker popping up in all my youtube suggestions just because I had to search him out AGAIN to demonstrate how utterly fucking mental he is.

This one video should be enough to convince anyone that he's absolutely batshit.

I'm done talking Molyneux with you except to laugh at you for not realising what he is and maybe feel a little sad for you that you believe your friends want you shot.

The ultimate refuge of any political argument is in the use of force.

Just say yes and be done with it.

These are irreconcilable differences, I support the use of violence in pursuit of an orderly and structured society. Molyneux is mistaken if he believes that wealth and prosperity are possible without it.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678943Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll