d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Political Quotes Thread
12343Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.33
Jul 10 2016 01:29pm
I'll start

"Dark actors are still at large and committing horrendous crimes whether it is against the Iranians, Syrians, Egyptians or other nations. Apart from their fatal and devastating part in the biological weapons they very willingly provided to Saddam to use against the young Iranian soldiers and a large community of Iraqi Kurds (Halabja), they are still committing devastating crimes against the whole population of Iran by starving them on daily basis with their criminal and inhumane sanctions using the pretext and convenient lies about Iran's non-existent nuclear weapon program." - David Kelly, UN weapons inspector (dated a day before committing suicide in 2003)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in proportion" - Adam Smith

Gold: 28,296.01
Jul 10 2016 01:36pm
I like people that weren't captured - Trump

(Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate. He may have one, but there's something on that, maybe religion, maybe it says he is a Muslim. I don't know. Maybe he doesn't want that.-Trump

He could have spent it all on PCP - jsp trump supporter
Gold: 7,271.48
Jul 10 2016 02:17pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 10 2016 01:36pm)
I like people that weren't captured - Trump

(Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate. He may have one, but there's something on that, maybe religion, maybe it says he is a Muslim. I don't know. Maybe he doesn't want that.-Trump

He could have spent it all on PCP - jsp trump supporter

"If-if-if-if-if-if-if" - Obama

"I remember landing under sniper fire" - HRC

Jul 10 2016 02:22pm
Quote (remco6 @ Jul 10 2016 12:17pm)
"If-if-if-if-if-if-if" - Obama

"I remember landing under sniper fire" - HRC

if you need any more just pull one from the treasure trove
Gold: 0.00
Jul 10 2016 02:29pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 10 2016 02:33pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 10 2016 03:22pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eJpWOY3r18

if you need any more just pull one from the treasure trove

That was a thing of beauty... excellent timing from someone who's not a comedian.
Jul 10 2016 02:36pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 10 2016 12:33pm)
That was a thing of beauty... excellent timing from someone who's not a comedian.

CNN had some author on that wrote a book about Trump and he thinks that's the moment he decided he wanted to be President just so Obama had to hand him the keys after those jokes

Considering Trump has spent 30 years still upset at the author that made a jab at his fingers it's not too far fetched
Gold: 3.33
Jul 10 2016 03:59pm
"Now I’m not saying that Keynes was right about everything, that we should treat The General Theory as a sort of secular bible - the way that Marxists treat Das Kapital. But the essential truth of Keynes’s big idea - that even the most productive economy can fail if consumers and investors spend too little, that the pursuit of sound money and balanced budgets is sometimes (not always!) folly rather than wisdom - is as evident in today’s world as it was in the 1930s. And in these dangerous days, we ignore or reject that idea at the world economy’s peril." - Paul Krugman

"I keep being told that Peter Schiff has been right about everything; so, how's that hyperinflation thing going?" - Paul Krugman

Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 10 2016 04:07pm
Quote (dro94 @ Jul 10 2016 04:59pm)
"Now I’m not saying that Keynes was right about everything, that we should treat The General Theory as a sort of secular bible - the way that Marxists treat Das Kapital. But the essential truth of Keynes’s big idea - that even the most productive economy can fail if consumers and investors spend too little, that the pursuit of sound money and balanced budgets is sometimes (not always!) folly rather than wisdom - is as evident in today’s world as it was in the 1930s. And in these dangerous days, we ignore or reject that idea at the world economy’s peril." - Paul Krugman

"I keep being told that Peter Schiff has been right about everything; so, how's that hyperinflation thing going?" - Paul Krugman

Well, he was right about the 1:1 ratio on the price of gold vs the DOW.... oh wait.
Gold: 7,525.35
Jul 10 2016 04:20pm
"the terror attack - like the original day of infamy, which brought an end to the Great Depression - could even do some economic good.
First, the driving force behind the economic slowdown has been a plunge in business investment. Now, all of a sudden, we need some new office buildings."

“If we discovered that space aliens were planning to attack, and we needed a massive build-up to counter the space alien threat, and inflation and budget deficits took secondary place to that, this slump would be over in 18 months,”

"To fight this recession the Fed needs more than a snapback; it needs soaring household spending to offset moribund business investment. And to do that, as Paul McCulley of Pimco put it, Alan Greenspan needs to create a housing bubble to replace the Nasdaq bubble."

"By 2005 or so, it will become clear that the Internet's impact on the economy has been no greater than the fax machine's."

-Paul Krugman
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12343Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll