d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Overview And Discussion On Updateable Topics > Only Useable Feedback Please!
Prev1789101114Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 136,035.88
Trader: Trusted
May 20 2016 10:01am
Quote (RistVaLL @ 20 May 2016 16:59)
It's nice that they charge faster, but those are abilities no1 use, because no1 is hybrid caster/melee.
The only thing ppl do hybrid is melee + heal

i guess i have to test how good it works. might be it even needs to charge faster to be nearly as effective as pure melee.
on the other hand you will be able to heal pretty well
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
May 20 2016 10:03am
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ 20 May 2016 18:01)
i guess i have to test how good it works. might be it even needs to charge faster to be nearly as effective as pure melee.
on the other hand you will be able to heal pretty well

well the meaning of these abilites are for hybrids, you need to charge it by using the opposit type of attack.
there is no1 who stats that much into both int/dex or str to make it worthwhile.

In the old LS there was always use of hybrids and all kinds of stuff, but with todays catacomb there's really no use for it
and ppl want to look good in climbs, and they would lose out on dmg if they spent points into these abilities instead of sticking to pure melee or pure casting
Gold: Locked
Warn: 10%
May 31 2016 02:58am
whats about a function that you can safe your catacomb progress?
when u make a soloclimb and explore @ 55+ u need tonnes of time to get the full map

Gold: 8,701.18
May 31 2016 04:34pm
Did not read every post, so ignore any double ups, also, there will be some things that I mention that people will bitch and moan about, don't like it, I don't care.

Whistling: When whistling, you only gain character levelling experience and nothing else, no profs, no drops etc. Note: if you want to gain rewards, then get off your ass and explore.
Objectives 1: Increase the maximum spawn from 3 to 5. Note: This will make it easier to complete objectives within the level ranges required to complete them.
Objectives 2: Reduce the time for objectives to spawn, thus enabling better chance to complete either 3 [current] or 5 [suggested above] objectives in one catacomb run [as long as the requirements have been met].
Prof Gain 1: Increase maximum from 10 to 20 for casting and melee. Note: Let's put it this way, when in a group, you will most likely gain 10 levels and only 5 prof points.
Prof Gain 2: Increase the % chance to gain a Prof point by 50% for casting and melee. Note: Remember, not every successful action gives you a prof point, so increase the chance.
Wellables 1: NO to being sellable. Note: What is the point, 99% of players will NOT sell them anyway, they will well them to hopefully get an upgrade, and the junk are sold/used for/by skillers.
Wellables 2: Stacking... I agree that this should be implemented, but, only a maximum of 10 in a stack. Note: Basically don't want this abused.

Short list above of current game.

Increase Playerbase: Basically this isn't going to happen without drastic change to game. Here is my idea.
... New Area (Questing) ... Solo ONLY!
Basically you create/use a single character, you start off at level 1, you can NOT use any gear you have obtained, any prof gains obtained previously is ignored. Note: this makes it fair for beginners and oldschool gamers with gear.
You choose a quest from a list, each quest has a list of rewards you gain IF you complete it, anything found, gained during quest is kept even if you fail [you can fail even without dying, quest dependent]. If you fail, you can try again
with the gear you have gained previously from the same quest, but, you start at same level you chose this quest. Higher quest levels, you can only use the items gained from previous quests, if you start a level 20 quest with a new
character that has not done any earlier quests, you start with 0 gear and can only use what is available from the Quest Market (basically you have to use fg to purchase basic items from here to continue forth).
... Anyway... we can all play on this.

Damn... running out of time for now... may come back and post more jargon... enjoy and debate if you want to.

As for NMNM currently... it is not hard to have one character with completed objectives to hunt for NMNM and let guild mates or friends know when he/she found it.
Members++
May 31 2016 07:06pm
Whist, No
obj 1, No, what quests are easier to spawn if there was 5?
obj 2, I'd like to see some quest spawn easier
prof 1, maximum doesnt need to be fixed, that would only result in abusing it.
prof 2, Sure increase the chance to gain prof per hit..
Well 1, Idk, I would like to see them being sold, "90% would save them" HOW THE HELL WOULD THAT NOT BE GOOD FOR OTHERS THEN? That would be the best thing posible, since "90%" wants them, do u realize what the whited would sell for if it was such a demand?
Well 2, The only thing I want to see able to be stacked would be items u sell on market place for skillers (packs of 20x lvl 20s) or something like that. There is already tons of EES gear out there, if something, it would be needed to make something to store glyphs (books) Fish (caskets) etc.

Also no thanks on the "new" thingymagingy aswell.
May 31 2016 07:35pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Jun 1 2016 02:06pm)
Whist, No
obj 1, No, what quests are easier to spawn if there was 5?
obj 2, I'd like to see some quest spawn easier
prof 1, maximum doesnt need to be fixed, that would only result in abusing it.
prof 2, Sure increase the chance to gain prof per hit..
Well 1, Idk, I would like to see them being sold, "90% would save them" HOW THE HELL WOULD THAT NOT BE GOOD FOR OTHERS THEN? That would be the best thing posible, since "90%" wants them, do u realize what the whited would sell for if it was such a demand?
Well 2, The only thing I want to see able to be stacked would be items u sell on market place for skillers (packs of 20x lvl 20s) or something like that. There is already tons of EES gear out there, if something, it would be needed to make something to store glyphs (books) Fish (caskets) etc.

Also no thanks on the "new" thingymagingy aswell.

Nice points... here is the reply:

Whistle: Your choice.
Obj 1: Think of it this way, someone joins group because a member had to leave, the new person doesn't have Pinch or Shamans, but the rest of the group have, so, face the evil will still be active for those that can complete it,
... ... basically you want Pinch to appear first, but then, if it doesn't, you can respawn it later on in new game.
Obj 2: Nice
Prof 1: There is no way it can be abused, it still has a maximum, in a group, you aren't gaining above 10 profs anyway. As for solo'ing, you can't abuse it without sacrifice,
Prof 2: Nice
Well 1: Guess that is player choice ... I wouldn't sell any whites above level 25... and 55s are just too damn rare to sell off to someone else and see them get a 150%+ ee item... take my own chance here.
Well 2: Good idea... this part was initially in response to the original post comment of stacking whites.

As for the new thingymagingy... you have another proposal to increase playerbase without reverting to all the old comments of bringing back the old muting or welling system? The events are decent from what I can see, but they are just teasers.

Nice post, I have other ideas, but, I have to go back to drinking and handling clients... :P
Members++
May 31 2016 07:45pm
I missunderstood you on obj 1, I thought u meant monsters, so you could solo against 5monsters instead of 3 as max (SOLO PERSPECTIVE) But yeah, 3->5 what you're talking about makes sense now, and im not against that.

@ Prof 1; Yes, max points is 10 (BUT THIS IS FOR A SINGLE WAVE) also to make nice prof on lower lvl stuff, try welling (on a level below the whites you are doing) = more hits (also gives u point for almost every single hit u do)
When there was no max before ppl abused it with quick draw gear just to do as many hits as posible but do only ~1-2dmg per hit litterly. Ask homer how much prof he lost because of this lol ^^

Well 1; Yes I understand that most ppl will want them, but that also affect the value of them, lets say a lvl 55 white lightning charm or robe, will most likely go up to 50 if not even 100+ fg each.
Yes these drop very rare, but are not that hard to find if u hunt for some shamans between lvl 60-101 or whatever level you want to stop at. you can find fair amount and nice rewards that way, it's just that no1 really tries.

No not really, like to get all the old clickers back, something will have to be put back as it was before.
To make new ppl start to play this game you need to make it so ppl can make earnings on it, how do we make cheese fromt his today and always before, SKILLABLES.
Make a way for more ppl to skill at higher level items and ppl would do that.
They dont want to spend the 10k hours it takes to get to lvl 55 in any skill. [might be more or less idk]

These are the only ways I see could bring people back to play.

May 31 2016 11:28pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Jun 1 2016 02:45pm)
I missunderstood you on obj 1, I thought u meant monsters, so you could solo against 5monsters instead of 3 as max (SOLO PERSPECTIVE) But yeah, 3->5 what you're talking about makes sense now, and im not against that.

@ Prof 1; Yes, max points is 10 (BUT THIS IS FOR A SINGLE WAVE) also to make nice prof on lower lvl stuff, try welling (on a level below the whites you are doing) = more hits (also gives u point for almost every single hit u do)
When there was no max before ppl abused it with quick draw gear just to do as many hits as posible but do only ~1-2dmg per hit litterly. Ask homer how much prof he lost because of this lol ^^

Well 1; Yes I understand that most ppl will want them, but that also affect the value of them, lets say a lvl 55 white lightning charm or robe, will most likely go up to 50 if not even 100+ fg each.
Yes these drop very rare, but are not that hard to find if u hunt for some shamans between lvl 60-101 or whatever level you want to stop at. you can find fair amount and nice rewards that way, it's just that no1 really tries.

No not really, like to get all the old clickers back, something will have to be put back as it was before.
To make new ppl start to play this game you need to make it so ppl can make earnings on it, how do we make cheese fromt his today and always before, SKILLABLES.
Make a way for more ppl to skill at higher level items and ppl would do that.
They dont want to spend the 10k hours it takes to get to lvl 55 in any skill. [might be more or less idk]

These are the only ways I see could bring people back to play.

Sweet replies... :D

Prof 1: Due to Homers abuse, we are stuck with 10 maximum prof points, even when arena and well was in effect, as of now, the 10 max prof points is a JOKE, even if people use the welling system you mention, there aren't enough drops to abuse it at higher levels.

Well 1: To be honest, selling a level 55 white for 100fg is pitiful, now, 500fg + makes more sense, but that won't happen ... those that can HUNT for lvl 55 whites by running shamans have gear, thus they would manipulate the market by selling off the crap wellable items like Plate Mail, chain mail, swords, earth & wind charms, plain robes, leathers etc... they will keep the Scales, Padded Robes, Daggers, Axes and so on for themselves to well ... basically it is cheaper to just buy the junk roll items like lvl55 padded robe with 30 dexterity for a new comer to the game... At the end of the day, it is perspective... if a person is willing to pay 200+ fg for a level 55 white item, I would sell a normal robe @ 350 fg, a chain or plate @ 200fg and keep the universal items for myself to well in a group and hope for a great roll.

Yup, I agree... it is very hard to come up with something new to increase playerbase, but, I do think we need a new area that is interesting and more rewarding than just whistling from lvl1 to xlvl. The objective rewards look decent, but in reality, some nerfs make these rewards completely useless.
Gold: 136,035.88
May 31 2016 11:44pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 1 Jun 2016 06:28)
Sweet replies... :D

Prof 1: Due to Homers abuse, we are stuck with 10 maximum prof points, even when arena and well was in effect, as of now, the 10 max prof points is a JOKE, even if people use the welling system you mention, there aren't enough drops to abuse it at higher levels.

Well 1: To be honest, selling a level 55 white for 100fg is pitiful, now, 500fg + makes more sense, but that won't happen ... those that can HUNT for lvl 55 whites by running shamans have gear, thus they would manipulate the market by selling off the crap wellable items like Plate Mail, chain mail, swords, earth & wind charms, plain robes, leathers etc... they will keep the Scales, Padded Robes, Daggers, Axes and so on for themselves to well ... basically it is cheaper to just buy the junk roll items like lvl55 padded robe with 30 dexterity for a new comer to the game... At the end of the day, it is perspective... if a person is willing to pay 200+ fg for a level 55 white item, I would sell a normal robe @ 350 fg, a chain or plate @ 200fg and keep the universal items for myself to well in a group and hope for a great roll.

Yup, I agree... it is very hard to come up with something new to increase playerbase, but, I do think we need a new area that is interesting and more rewarding than just whistling from lvl1 to xlvl. The objective rewards look decent, but in reality, some nerfs make these rewards completely useless.

but wouldnt it be really nice to be able to sell a lvl 55 white dagger for 100 fg? you could probably earn like 1000 fg in a good climb with some farming then.. it wouldnt need to be 500 fg per dagger ^^ many would sell their wellables for sure because the chance for a good drop isnt too high.

prof1: you dont even get 1 prof per 2 hits.. if you need 40 hits =20 profs for 3 monsters you are either abusing the mechanic or doing something wrong ;) so 10 profs per wave is easily enough imo.
prof2: i like your idea. the chance to get a prof point if you actually hit should be higher. (this is allready the case for welling which would buying wellables more attractive/expensive because it is an excellent way of getting alot of profs too)
well1: i am 100% sure that LESS than 90% of the players would keep their wellables if they could earn like 500 or even more fg each climb
well2: 10 or 20 piece stacks would be both ok.. just to safe some space and be able to do packtrades instead of putting every single wellable on the mp.
obj1: thats ok imo. could help to reach he higher quests
obj2: the spawning rate has increased allready.. i would rather see a change of nomazenomore spawning without having to do EE.. so you could reach it more easily to farm some whites that could sell on the mp.
whistle: you allready get low profs/drops for whistle.. i could imagine something like improving solo whistle so that you are able to whistle at +5-10 lvls of your own lvl for more profs/exp/drops (only works for solo). you could add a MCC that improves the exp/prof/drops even more which could have a challenging character so that you want a large MCC that needs good gear + the right skilling of abilities/stats.. so people have a good reason to invest to improve their gear.
the speed of a solo climb could be improved that way so that you can do it in lets say 1,5 hours if you are really fast to not be so much slower than a group.

i dont like the new area questing idea at all.. there doesnt have to be a place where you start again with zero items/profs as people have invested a lot allready. i dont see a reason why you would take everything away of them in that area.

This post was edited by ahs_darkhunter on May 31 2016 11:47pm
Jun 1 2016 12:41am
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ Jun 1 2016 06:44pm)
but wouldnt it be really nice to be able to sell a lvl 55 white dagger for 100 fg? you could probably earn like 1000 fg in a good climb with some farming then.. it wouldnt need to be 500 fg per dagger ^^ many would sell their wellables for sure because the chance for a good drop isnt too high.

prof1: you dont even get 1 prof per 2 hits.. if you need 40 hits =20 profs for 3 monsters you are either abusing the mechanic or doing something wrong ;) so 10 profs per wave is easily enough imo.
prof2: i like your idea. the chance to get a prof point if you actually hit should be higher. (this is allready the case for welling which would buying wellables more attractive/expensive because it is an excellent way of getting alot of profs too)
well1: i am 100% sure that LESS than 90% of the players would keep their wellables if they could earn like 500 or even more fg each climb
well2: 10 or 20 piece stacks would be both ok.. just to safe some space and be able to do packtrades instead of putting every single wellable on the mp.
obj1: thats ok imo. could help to reach he higher quests
obj2: the spawning rate has increased allready.. i would rather see a change of nomazenomore spawning without having to do EE.. so you could reach it more easily to farm some whites that could sell on the mp.
whistle: you allready get low profs/drops for whistle.. i could imagine something like improving solo whistle so that you are able to whistle at +5-10 lvls of your own lvl for more profs/exp/drops (only works for solo). you could add a MCC that improves the exp/prof/drops even more which could have a challenging character so that you want a large MCC that needs good gear + the right skilling of abilities/stats.. so people have a good reason to invest to improve their gear.
the speed of a solo climb could be improved that way so that you can do it in lets say 1,5 hours if you are really fast to not be so much slower than a group.

i dont like the new area questing idea at all.. there doesnt have to be a place where you start again with zero items/profs as people have invested a lot allready. i dont see a reason why you would take everything away of them in that area.

Great points... I personally think that your responses are based around selling white items and incorporating old ideas like the MCC... we need to get away from the past and find a new way to improve the game with new ideas and examples.

I deleted the 5 extra long paragraphs replying to your post... basically thought it was better than reading my babble... in simplist terms, a newcomer [which we want to increase playerbase] is actually better using white items of equal tier level as they climb in a group that supports them in comparison to them selling it on the market, not only that, the true LS'ers will take time in aiding them by telling them to pick up so n so to improve their climb... selling whites is miniscule.

With all the changes to the game, including nerfs and previous tests prior to 1.30 update, you can be given 100 str for an objective in this current game and it doesn't really mean shit, same goes for dexterity, the reason is, Paul has already safeguarded these things..

Other things to look at... when was the time a person found a Totem of significance... shit... MAPS are getter than totems etc... so how about increasing totem droprate by 300%, it doesn't matter, 300% of 2% is what, like 8% chance?

Increase the amount of proficiency points when cooking fish... why should cooking be slower than fishing prof points.

Anyway... I still have an abundance of ideas... but it is best that I stop here after 26 bourbons... :P
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1789101114Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll