d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Overview And Discussion On Updateable Topics > Only Useable Feedback Please!
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 135,869.63
Trader: Trusted
May 12 2016 03:47pm
I am posting this topic again as i saw there are some nice events going on for the game.

Note to Paul: If you like an idea in the topic and think the information is too general, just post here and we all can think about it more in detail.

Here is a list of a few changes that could be a nice improvement to the game without being too work intensive. So keep this in mind if you post other ideas to update the game.

1) improvement of the economy: suggestions: sellable wellables? maybe stackable wellables to improve this?

2) revive a "farming ability" meaning more regularspawn of ambush or higher quests like nomazenomore or face the evil + balance changes

3) balance changes of the magical stats like healmastery (change it like it was before?), jubilance, damage return, mana skin, eventually the element masteries

4) improvement of the drop quality: quantity is decent, quality in the higher lvl range could need a little boost (probably combined with harder content (e.g. improved drop rate from lvl 71-101)) also rebalancing drops on maps

5) improvement of the market: maybe 2-3 items that could sell forhigher than 20 fg without fee upfront (still no spam, but more items on the mp)

6) complete overhaul of a big part of the abilities ("crossover abilities", other useless abilities)

(old topic is here: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=72460724&f=272 )
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
May 12 2016 04:11pm

• Improvement of the economy

I dont really know how that would work? What could he posibly do to get the economy back? Like think about it for a second.
The only thing to raise the economy again IMO is to get a much higher playerbase back once again. But how do we do that today?
The only way I can see that happen is if he would make transmuting back to what it was before.

*Adding the recipies for items again (that was great before)

Trust me, for all those high level muters out there, this would suck so bad tho, they have spent thousands of hours on muting, I'm one of them and im not even close to be on the top, nor am I even halfway to get to level 55 items.

But this is the only way I can see the economy to grow once again, because people would start gamble and try to transmute lvl 55 items once more to make their own 200+ EE item.

Back then, items sold for 100s of fg EACH.

Like a angelic+ level 35 charm would ez sell for 50fg each.
I remember a artifact lvl 55 ice sold for almost 2k fg.
Any level 55 item on hc sold for more than 100fg each.

Just because this would be able once more it doesnt mean ppl will go big on it, but it is one of the only ways to bring new ppl back in here to start gamble.
Soon when they realise that they dont have much fg to gamble with, they will have to start climb and try farm items themselves and either mute or make bank from selling muteables.
May 12 2016 04:14pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ 12 May 2016 23:11)
  • Improvement of the economy

I dont really know how that would work? What could he posibly do to get the economy back? Like think about it for a second.
The only thing to raise the economy again IMO is to get a much higher playerbase back once again. But how do we do that today?
The only way I can see that happen is if he would make transmuting back to what it was before.

*Adding the recipies for items again (that was great before)

Trust me, for all those high level muters out there, this would suck so bad tho, they have spent thousands of hours on muting, I'm one of them and im not even close to be on the top, nor am I even halfway to get to level 55 items.

But this is the only way I can see the economy to grow once again, because people would start gamble and try to transmute lvl 55 items once more to make their own 200+ EE item.

Back then, items sold for 100s of fg EACH.

Like a angelic+ level 35 charm would ez sell for 50fg each.
I remember a artifact lvl 55 ice sold for almost 2k fg.
Any level 55 item on hc sold for more than 100fg each.

Just because this would be able once more it doesnt mean ppl will go big on it, but it is one of the only ways to bring new ppl back in here to start gamble.
Soon when they realise that they dont have much fg to gamble with, they will have to start climb and try farm items themselves and either mute or make bank from selling muteables.

well i would like to see sellable wellables. if the well is a bit improved, people would for sure be willing to spend quite some fg on high lvl wellables to gain a nice items possibly + nice profs.
and if other people see that you can actually earn fg from these wellables (like old muteables) they could possibly join to earn some fg
Members++
May 12 2016 04:18pm
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ 13 May 2016 00:14)
well i would like to see sellable wellables. if the well is a bit improved, people would for sure be willing to spend quite some fg on high lvl wellables to gain a nice items possibly + nice profs.
and if other people see that you can actually earn fg from these wellables (like old muteables) they could possibly join to earn some fg

Welling for prof is nice but only when you "well" below the item level, and you would want to do that on as few ppl as posible so you always get ur 10 hits in.
Also, sure why not be able to sell the muteables, but we're talking about 1-2 items that are being lvl 35+ in a whistle climb.
Alot of people wants to climb for speed and be able to reset tha ladder, most of those ppl dont care much about prof or explore because it takes too long.
But lets say when we do a MM run, I think there is ~10-15 items that drops that are lvl 30+ (wellables) and not many more than that. That is for 1½h work for us.

It's not going to pay off in the long run.
Like if we take a look on an very active day atm
Groups would look like;

2-3UA + 2Laby = 1h climb
Laby - 1-1:10h climb
Mount Olympus - 2-3h climb

Lets say My climb + the Full Laby climb would do 2 climbs during the time MO doing 1
this means = 5 climbs during 2½h time.

5x 5items = 25 wellables (lvl 30+) But it wont be that many that drop, but just play with the thought, now, who wants to pay for a lvl 30 white plate/club
The items ppl want is = Dagger, Axe, Lights, Wild heals, posibly robes. I could see those items go up in price, but rest is gonna be rock bottom.
Also, do you think anyone would pay 50fg for a lvl 30 Dagger?

This post was edited by RistVaLL on May 12 2016 04:23pm
May 12 2016 04:23pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ 12 May 2016 23:18)
Welling for prof is nice but only when you "well" below the item level, and you would want to do that on as few ppl as posible so you always get ur 10 hits in.
Also, sure why not be able to sell the muteables, but we're talking about 1-2 items that are being lvl 35+ in a whistle climb.
Alot of people wants to climb for speed and be able to reset tha ladder, most of those ppl dont care much about prof or explore because it takes too long.
But lets say when we do a MM run, I think there is ~10-15 items that drops that are lvl 30+ (wellables) and not many more than that. That is for 1½h work for us.

It's not going to pay off in the long run.

this is where idea 2) comes into play ;)
ambush, nomazenomore need to be spawned on a regular basis again. if you could get ambush lets say 2-3 times from 55 to 71 and nomazenomore once.. then we could find a lot more wellables which we could sell/ use again.
if people earn 100-300 fg each climb from selling wellables.. people would think about exploring again instead of just whistle.

lvl 30-50 stuff would sell for less fgs than lvl 55, but as you say the good 55s would sell well and the worse 55s maybe still decently if there are some sidedrops from time to time

This post was edited by ahs_darkhunter on May 12 2016 04:25pm
Gold: 7,863.56
May 12 2016 04:23pm
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ May 12 2016 07:14pm)

Why sell the wellables when all you have to do is spend a little effort and explore the maze rather than whistling in the dark all the time.
Then when you have your well, call in four friends (unless you are in a group already ofc)and beat the living hell out of any well monster that spawns.

The poor buggers ain't got a chance now that we can gang up on them.

Not like the original well where it was 1 on 1, do or die, run and get zip.

EDIT -- Making the old mutable system work again would definitely be a great idea.

Just think: Items like my 55 Chain could possibly become available again

Godly ultimanium chain mail
Level Req: 55
Physical Defense: 44 to 112
Magical Defense: 0 to 32

+55 Strength
+20 Dexterity
+22 Vitality
+53 Intelligence
+3% Experience Gained
+2 Mana Regen
+1 to 26 Life per Kill
+5% Parry

This is not intended to show it off just for the sake of OOH;'and AHH's.

This is intended to show what was possible to make under the old muting system.

This post was edited by Paparick on May 12 2016 04:30pm
Members++
May 12 2016 04:25pm
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ 13 May 2016 00:23)
this is where idea 2) comes into play ;)
ambush, nomazenomore need to be spawned on a regular basis again. if you could get ambush lets say 2-3 times from 55 to 71 and nomazenomore once.. then we could find a lot more wellables which we could sell/ use again.
if people earn 100-300 fg each climb from selling wellables.. people would think about exploring again instead of just whistle.

Well the thing is, ppl is not going to pay that much for wellables, I know for a fact that you dont like gambling that much -_- and I just cant see that ppl would pay that much for wellables.
Now if everyone was able to mute tho, yes.. I do think ppl would like to make that gamble once again.

It's over a week ago since I did my wells, and this is the result in whites I've got since that, ~15climbs or so, maybe I've some bad luck, idk :D

This post was edited by RistVaLL on May 12 2016 04:30pm
Members++
May 12 2016 04:26pm
Quote (Paparick @ 13 May 2016 00:23)
Why sell the wellables when all you have to do is spend a little effort and explore the maze rather than whistling in the dark all the time.
Then when you have your well, call in four friends (unless you are in a group already ofc)and beat the living hell out of any well monster that spawns.

The poor buggers ain't got a chance now that we can gang up on them.

Not like the original well where it was 1 on 1, do or die, run and get zip.

Oh man, I miss that thrill, put in a t3 longsword, and it might kill ur lvl 71 character with 4.5k life!
That t3 sword made superduper crits and killed u in 2 hits lol
Gold: 105,555.55
May 12 2016 04:29pm
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ 12 May 2016 22:47)
I am posting this topic again as i saw there are some nice events going on for the game.

Note to Paul: If you like an idea in the topic and think the information is too general, just post here and we all can think about it more in detail.

Here is a list of a few changes that could be a nice improvement to the game without being too work intensive. So keep this in mind if you post other ideas to update the game.

1)improvement of the economy: suggestions: sellable wellables? maybe stackable wellables to improve this?

2)revive a "farming ability" meaning more regularspawn of ambush or higher quests like nomazenomore or face the evil + balance changes

3) balance changes of the magical statslike healmastery (change it like it was before?), jubilance, damage return, mana skin, eventually the element masteries

4)improvement of the drop quality: quantity is decent, quality in the higher lvl range could need a little boost (probably combined with harder content (e.g. improved drop rate from lvl 71-101)) also rebalancing drops on maps

5) improvement of the market: maybe 2-3 items that could sell forhigher than 20 fg without fee upfront (still no spam, but more items on the mp)

6)complete overhaul of a big part of the abilities ("crossover abilities", other useless abilities)

(old topic is here: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=72460724&f=272 )

I personally think it would be cool if there would be some kind of minimum tier. Fewer drops in general but at least no more permanent t1 and t2 drops from 60+ mobs. I think that would already improve the drop of decent items, if they dropped more regularly they had the chance to roll properly. At least for evils something like that (tier minus 5 or something like that minimum) would be great. Would also improve high level muting.

Something like no maze no more that can be spawned in every climb from exploring normally and not spending 4 hours questing would be great, too. It's something we'd certainly do within silence.

Did anyone play right after it was changed to HTML5? There was a bug when you killed higher level mobs with low level characters, a lot of good stuff dropped. I think that was fun for the people who did it, and having an event once a week or let it even be a month where a lot more items drop or something in that direction, or a minimum quality or just something like that, that would be awesome. I hope I don't get warned or banned for mentioning that :ph34r:

These regulary events are already a step in the right direction, but I think most of the buffs should be permanent to make the game more interesting for a wider amount of people. The current buff for example enables people with weaker gear to solo. Also great for casting, and that is without reviving arena even though arena would be cool.

What I also find kind of sad is that "finding something in ls" nowadays is more of a sarcastic joke. Not even mid range items drop for people to solo. They do drop, but so extremely rarely that noone even bothers. If someone wanted to find their own set they'd literally take thousands of climbs.

Quote (RistVaLL @ 12 May 2016 23:25)
Well the thing is, ppl is not going to pay that much for wellables, I know for a fact that you dont like gambling that much -_- and I just cant see that ppl would pay that much for wellables.
Now if everyone was able to mute tho, yes.. I do think ppl would like to make that gamble once again.

It's over a week ago since I did my wells, and this is the result in whites I've got since that, ~15climbs or so, maybe I've some bad luck, idk :D

http://i.imgur.com/u16qVbY.png

If you farmed shamans actively you'd end up with more :D

This post was edited by Dante on May 12 2016 04:34pm
Members++
May 12 2016 04:33pm
Quote (Dante @ 13 May 2016 00:29)
I personally think it would be cool if there would be some kind of minimum tier. Fewer drops in general but at least no more permanent t1 and t2 drops from 60+ mobs. I think that would already improve the drop of decent items, if they dropped more regularly they had the chance to roll properly. At least for evils something like that (tier minus 5 or something like that minimum) would be great. Would also improve high level muting.

Something like no maze no more that can be spawned in every climb from exploring normally and not spending 4 hours questing would be great, too. It's something we'd certainly do within silence.

I had this suggestion up long time ago about farming, and get rid of lower tiers once you gained levels.
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71435316&f=272
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll