d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > This Is Going To Sound A Little Corny...
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,620.00
Feb 1 2016 10:28am
Quote (Skinned @ 1 Feb 2016 07:55)
It takes a severe misunderstanding of economics and markets to vote for a conservative.

One party is objectively better than the other, and it is the Democrats.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/9/2/1127055/-Which-party-is-best-for-the-economy-It-s-not-even-close

There's some good data and analysis in there.

A lot of the anaylsis I've read shows that whether it is due to luck or not, the economy has performed slighty better under Democrats than Republicans.

Of course, that could just be to chance and market conditions. But to say the economy has performed better under Republicans is probably not true. It is most likely either about the same or slighty better under Dems.
Gold: 85.00
Feb 1 2016 10:35am
If hillary or trump win i don't want to live in the united states anymore. Shows how ready Americans are for either
A) a nice 50 year backwards jump in equality rights from trump.
B- Good ole oligarchy continuing to run the country even after what should have been a treasonous conviction on Hillary.
Gold: 2,094.99
Feb 1 2016 10:42am
No thanks
Gold: 2,620.00
Feb 1 2016 10:56am
Quote (Exemplary @ 1 Feb 2016 10:35)
If hillary or trump win i don't want to live in the united states anymore. Shows how ready Americans are for either
A) a nice 50 year backwards jump in equality rights from trump.
B- Good ole oligarchy continuing to run the country even after what should have been a treasonous conviction on Hillary.

Hillary and Trump are the favorites to win today in Iowa.

It would be a sad day for our country, indeed.
Gold: 500.00
Feb 1 2016 11:07am
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 1 2016 09:55am)
Attacking the $.77 per $1 as an attack on the idea of a wage gap is about as hyperbolic as claiming women make $.77 on $1 as evidence of a wage gap.

Nobody is talking about the world as it is, everybody is fixated on a generic aggregate political term.

And it is the internet, there are billion different products for every bias, satanic goat fuckers can find a dozen links espousing the psychological and physiological benefits of satanic goat fucking if they look for awhile or make some.

Don't I see you attacking the MSM a lot? Why cite their articles as evidence?

https://cdn.americanprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/WomenLeadership.pdf

Real numbers:

Here is the real picture of what is going on. If you are a women, you won't be boss, because of what isn't hanging between your legs. Unless you're HRC.

I love the cute little manipulative info-graphic pieces internet users make nowadays. Way sexier than the research and measurement. :thumbsup:

i can't see the picture at work but what kind of defeatist mentality bs is this?

instead of telling women how disadvantaged they are (even if they are) you should be talking about what they can do to get ahead in their careers instead of expecting everyone they work with to change

This post was edited by duffman316 on Feb 1 2016 11:08am
Gold: 285.00
Feb 1 2016 11:46am
Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 1 2016 12:07pm)
i can't see the picture at work but what kind of defeatist mentality bs is this?

instead of telling women how disadvantaged they are (even if they are) you should be talking about what they can do to get ahead in their careers instead of expecting everyone they work with to change

Same for any minority really. Look at blacks, their wages haven't increased since 1965 overall.

This post was edited by Skinned on Feb 1 2016 11:46am
Gold: 109.01
Feb 1 2016 12:08pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 1 2016 09:55am)
Attacking the $.77 per $1 as an attack on the idea of a wage gap is about as hyperbolic as claiming women make $.77 on $1 as evidence of a wage gap.

Nobody is talking about the world as it is, everybody is fixated on a generic aggregate political term.

And it is the internet, there are billion different products for every bias, satanic goat fuckers can find a dozen links espousing the psychological and physiological benefits of satanic goat fucking if they look for awhile or make some.

Don't I see you attacking the MSM a lot? Why cite their articles as evidence?

https://cdn.americanprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/WomenLeadership.pdf

Real numbers:

Here is the real picture of what is going on. If you are a women, you won't be boss, because of what isn't hanging between your legs. Unless you're HRC.

I love the cute little manipulative info-graphic pieces internet users make nowadays. Way sexier than the research and measurement. :thumbsup:

One just cant win with you in terms of debunking feminist tropes as my 95 FOCKING pages of both govt sources and MSM varied sources show. Yeah I do rally against the MSM, but this is a catch 22 here. If I post something from what one might consider a third party source it's discounted because, Who the hells knows those guys!, If I post something from the MSM, its LOL MSM!. You are correct about confirmation bias, however that doesnt address whether the arguments being made are valid or not.

I want opportunity of access , not outcome. You get what you put in. Men as a generality are willing to put in longer hours, take more risk, start more business and the like, so of course there is more Male Bosses.
It's perfectly reasonable for their to be a wage gap in gross numbers, not in terms of men vs women in the exact same scenario. In the Western world women (not all, but enough to skew aggregate gross wages between sexes) have the option of having a more balanced life choosing professions that are gratifying but not necessarily high paying compared to some fields , having the luxury of working part time and staying home with the kids (as is ideal). Flexible hours and part time rank much higher in surveys for women than men. The "cute" graphic tells this point and the ~100 articles, university studies, MSM, and govt info shows this which is why I included it.

basically, you discounted the overwhelming amount of evidence that basically all real economist agree with in terms of the wage gap.
You teased about an infographic without addressing its points
You attacked the 100 ish mixed sources, but not the content.
You made an emotional appeal about men vs women as bosses.

I defy you to watch this fairly short video.

Feb 1 2016 12:47pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 1 2016 12:46pm)
Same for any minority really. Look at blacks, their wages haven't increased since 1965 overall.

haven't looked at the numbers but from first hand experience i'd wager the problem with black people is that they're born into the bottom rungs of society into a culture that isn't conducive towards climbing the social ladder

This post was edited by duffman316 on Feb 1 2016 12:49pm
Gold: 285.00
Feb 1 2016 12:49pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Feb 1 2016 01:47pm)
haven't looked at the numbers but from first hand experience i'd wager the problem with black people is that they're born into the bottom wrungs of society into a culture that isn't conducive towards climbing the social ladder

What about black women? Is it because they are born in the bottom rungs of society? Or is it just liberal imaginations running wild and they're lazy bitches?

Viewing aggressions on a micro level is so 2000's.

This post was edited by Skinned on Feb 1 2016 12:50pm
Feb 1 2016 12:56pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 1 2016 01:49pm)
What about black women? Is it because they are born in the bottom rungs of society? Or is it liberal imaginations running wild?

Viewing aggressions on a micro level is so 2000's.

what about black women? think you lost me there, what's the question?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll