d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1121122123124125298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 26 2017 11:28am
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ 26 Mar 2017 18:46)
Already read the bible - wasn't impressed. Funny story actually: only after I had resolved to read the bible in its entirety, and fulfilled that task, did I realise that the whole thing was bullshit. Wish I'd read it sooner, wouldn't have missed out on so many years of fear and boredom :(

god created me imperfect. I know you'll say that it was Adam and Eve's fault, but wtf does that shit have to do with me? Your god decided to enforce this rule where everyone is held responsible for the mistakes of others.

So, god created me imperfect. Now, god is angry at me because I'm imperfect. god commands me to be well again, on pain of death and eternal torture.

god is a dick. Don't be like god.

Look how a bible for the blind looks: (and I bet you read exactly that)

This post was edited by the_rest on Mar 26 2017 11:28am
Gold: 0.00
Mar 27 2017 05:37am
Quote (GetOnYourKnees @ Mar 27 2017 01:46am)
Already read the bible - wasn't impressed. Funny story actually: only after I had resolved to read the bible in its entirety, and fulfilled that task, did I realise that the whole thing was bullshit. Wish I'd read it sooner, wouldn't have missed out on so many years of fear and boredom :(

god created me imperfect. I know you'll say that it was Adam and Eve's fault, but wtf does that shit have to do with me? Your god decided to enforce this rule where everyone is held responsible for the mistakes of others.

So, god created me imperfect. Now, god is angry at me because I'm imperfect. god commands me to be well again, on pain of death and eternal torture.

god is a dick. Don't be like god.

There it is, you have diagnosed the problem to be God so you will inevitably offer the wrong solution. Let's go back to the beginning then, why did God create Adam and Eve with the free choice of eating from the Tree of Knowledge?

Here's a quote which I think applies to the subject and explains very well how I feel:

"God created things which had free will. That means creatures which can go either wrong or right. Some people think they can imagine a creature which was free but had no possibility of going wrong; I cannot. If a thing is free to be good it is also free to be bad. And free will is what has made evil possible. Why, then, did God give them free will? Because free will though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes possible any love or goodness or joy worth having. A world of automata-of creatures that worked like machines-would hardly be worth creating. The happiness which God designs for His higher creatures is the happiness of being freely, voluntarily united to Him and to each other in an ecstasy of love and delight compared with which the most rapturous love between a man and a woman on this earth is mere milk and water. And for that they must be free.

Of course God knew what would happen if they used their freedom the wrong way: apparently He thought it worth the risk. Perhaps we feel inclined to disagree with Him. But there is a difficulty about disagreeing with God. He is the source from which all your reasoning power comes: you could not be right and He wrong any more than a stream can rise higher than its own source. When you are arguing against Him you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all: it is like cutting off the branch you are sitting on. If God thinks this state of war in the universe a price worth paying for free will-that is, for making a live world in which creatures can do real good or harm and something of real importance can happen, instead of a toy world which only moves when He pulls the strings-then we may take it it is worth paying."
Gold: 260.11
Mar 27 2017 06:27am
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 27 2017 05:37am)
There it is, you have diagnosed the problem to be God so you will inevitably offer the wrong solution. Let's go back to the beginning then, why did God create Adam and Eve with the free choice of eating from the Tree of Knowledge?

Here's a quote which I think applies to the subject and explains very well how I feel:

"God created things which had free will. That means creatures which can go either wrong or right. Some people think they can imagine a creature which was free but had no possibility of going wrong; I cannot. If a thing is free to be good it is also free to be bad. And free will is what has made evil possible. Why, then, did God give them free will? Because free will though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes possible any love or goodness or joy worth having. A world of automata-of creatures that worked like machines-would hardly be worth creating. The happiness which God designs for His higher creatures is the happiness of being freely, voluntarily united to Him and to each other in an ecstasy of love and delight compared with which the most rapturous love between a man and a woman on this earth is mere milk and water. And for that they must be free.

Of course God knew what would happen if they used their freedom the wrong way: apparently He thought it worth the risk. Perhaps we feel inclined to disagree with Him. But there is a difficulty about disagreeing with God. He is the source from which all your reasoning power comes: you could not be right and He wrong any more than a stream can rise higher than its own source. When you are arguing against Him you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all: it is like cutting off the branch you are sitting on. If God thinks this state of war in the universe a price worth paying for free will-that is, for making a live world in which creatures can do real good or harm and something of real importance can happen, instead of a toy world which only moves when He pulls the strings-then we may take it it is worth paying."

Is god free?
Mar 27 2017 06:31pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Mar 27 2017 10:27pm)
Is god free?

Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

God did all the hard work for us and he offers us the free gift of salvation. There is no earning your way into Heaven.
Gold: 1,253.69
Mar 27 2017 08:00pm
God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.
Gold: 1,253.69
Mar 27 2017 08:04pm
Dinosaurs eat man.... SJW's inherit the earth...
Warn: 10%
Mar 28 2017 05:53am
Quote (the_rest @ Mar 25 2017 01:21pm)
good luck starting a religion that lasts 2000 years and has billiens of worshippers

typical lack of reasoning
confusing times and values as per normal

also Jesus didn't create any religion

This post was edited by ARURF on Mar 28 2017 05:58am
Gold: 174.69
Mar 28 2017 06:02am
Quote (CPK001 @ Mar 27 2017 09:07pm)

The way I see it, or the way I interpret it, God gave man free will. God knew bad would come of it, and God also knows the future and knows exactly what we are all going to do in our lives.
But, God gave us this free will nonetheless and he has to see it through. So when we see horrible things happen in this life and we think "Why doesn't God stop this from happening?"
Well, simply put, he can't. Free will decisions made by man, has led to that horrible situation, so if God intervenes, it is conflicting with the law of "free will".
What is the point of granting us free will if God is only going to intervene and stop some things from happening.

So, we all must live out our lives and use our free will to do good things or bad things. And when we die, we will face God and face our "Judgement Day". Based on our lives, we will be judged, and either be sent to an Eternity in Heaven or Hell.
Gold: 330.00
Mar 28 2017 06:21pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 25 Mar 2017 06:36)

Yet I am going to Heaven when I die, what else matters?

What makes you think that whether or not YOU go to heaven is remotely important?

You have a seriously over inflated sense of self worth. Trust me, no one else cares.
Mar 28 2017 08:46pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ Mar 28 2017 10:02pm)
The way I see it, or the way I interpret it, God gave man free will. God knew bad would come of it, and God also knows the future and knows exactly what we are all going to do in our lives.
But, God gave us this free will nonetheless and he has to see it through. So when we see horrible things happen in this life and we think "Why doesn't God stop this from happening?"
Well, simply put, he can't. Free will decisions made by man, has led to that horrible situation, so if God intervenes, it is conflicting with the law of "free will".
What is the point of granting us free will if God is only going to intervene and stop some things from happening.

So, we all must live out our lives and use our free will to do good things or bad things. And when we die, we will face God and face our "Judgement Day". Based on our lives, we will be judged, and either be sent to an Eternity in Heaven or Hell.

I have a question for you which is a matter of opinion.

Would you rather have a robot programmed to do whatever you want, or would you rather have a pet of your choice?

Bear in mind you could have the robot programmed to do your bidding but the robot will not have the ability to hate or disobey. The pet on the other hand does bad things from time to time and they don't always listen to you.

Which of the two would you prefer?

Quote (AyeCaramba @ Mar 29 2017 10:21am)
What makes you think that whether or not YOU go to heaven is remotely important?

You have a seriously over inflated sense of self worth. Trust me, no one else cares.

I built my entire life upon that fact. The fact that my eternal home is in the ever after, that will determine how I live my life now.

It is the very foundation of which I make my decisions. It is of the utmost importance. My worth is found in Jesus. I do not seek mans empty praise. I seek the eternal everlasting kingdom also knows as God's rest.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1121122123124125298Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll