d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Obamacare Appreciation Thread
Prev17891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,933.00
Jul 7 2015 06:04am
Quote (Hooo @ Jul 7 2015 07:01am)
im from germany
we have an obligatory insurance here.
Everyone must have a health care insurance.

This is true for most europe.

This was not true for merica. There were people in merica who couldnt afford to go to the doctor or the hospital because of this.

What obama did (not the concrete how he did it, which could always have been better with anything you are going to change) was overdue and totally the right thing to do.
I understand that some people now pay for a healthcare who didnt do so before and they are whining because of that.
To those i can only say: deal with it.
Merica was (and is) way behind in many things and its about time they catch up.

'Merica
Gold: 17,400.00
Jul 7 2015 06:08am
Problem is miss manaģing of tax dollars. Government needs to control that then be more money put towards healthcare.
Gold: 337.21
Jul 7 2015 06:09am
Quote (Santara @ 7 Jul 2015 14:04)
'Merica

i count this as approval
Gold: 285.00
Jul 7 2015 07:15am
Quote (Santara @ Jul 2 2015 05:09pm)
Profit isn't the largest driving factor. Costs are.

The Swiss had our exact same system, turned health insurance into a non-profit industry, and now have universal coverage, the costs have fallen because there isn't an entire parasitic industry to support, the cost in health care in GDP has fallen 2-3% solidly, if something like a medical bankruptcy happened there it would be a scandal, all while health care providers continue to churn out a profit.

It is just the common sense thing to do. It sucks that Americans keep shooting themselves in the foot in the polling booth.

All other things considered, the Swiss system was identical to ours, including our outrageous cost of health care services for individuals, the high percentage of GDP spent on a system that didn't even cover everybody (how stupid is that?)

Another area where race is holding us back.
Jul 7 2015 07:26am
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 7 2015 08:15am)
The Swiss had our exact same system, turned health insurance into a non-profit industry, and now have universal coverage, the costs have fallen because there isn't an entire parasitic industry to support, the cost in health care in GDP has fallen 2-3% solidly, if something like a medical bankruptcy happened there it would be a scandal, all while health care providers continue to churn out a profit.

It is just the common sense thing to do. It sucks that Americans keep shooting themselves in the foot in the polling booth.

All other things considered, the Swiss system was identical to ours, including our outrageous cost of health care services for individuals, the high percentage of GDP spent on a system that didn't even cover everybody (how stupid is that?)

Another area where race is holding us back.

I could probably get behind a Swiss model.

How is "race holding us back?"
Jul 7 2015 07:33am
Quote (Santara @ Jul 7 2015 08:26am)
I could probably get behind a Swiss model.

How is "race holding us back?"

I think a lot of the resistance is psychological, and that if the US didn't have a heterogeneous population where one race in the past has enslaved and oppressed and is now marginalizing another then the biggest barrier to universal health care would be out of the way.
Jul 7 2015 08:07am
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 7 2015 08:33am)
I think a lot of the resistance is psychological, and that if the US didn't have a heterogeneous population where one race in the past has enslaved and oppressed and is now marginalizing another then the biggest barrier to universal health care would be out of the way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

Non sequitur (Latin for "it does not follow"), in formal logic, is an argument in which its conclusion does not follow from its premises.[1] In a non sequitur, the conclusion could be either true or false, but the argument is fallacious because there is a disconnection between the premise and the conclusion.
Gold: 18.00
Jul 7 2015 12:56pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 7 2015 08:33am)

LOL
Gold: 2,489.69
Jul 7 2015 01:06pm
Quote (Hooo @ Jul 7 2015 06:01am)
im from germany
we have an obligatory insurance here.
Everyone must have a health care insurance.

This is true for most europe.

This was not true for merica. There were people in merica who couldnt afford to go to the doctor or the hospital because of this.

What obama did (not the concrete how he did it, which could always have been better with anything you are going to change) was overdue and totally the right thing to do.
I understand that some people now pay for a healthcare who didnt do so before and they are whining because of that.
To those i can only say: deal with it.
Merica was (and is) way behind in many things and its about time they catch up.

Im happy to stay behind in the government taking your money because its "good for you" category. I can manage my own life just fine without Uncle Same.
Jul 7 2015 02:18pm
Quote (Santara @ Jul 7 2015 09:07am)

Quote (Cover3 @ Jul 7 2015 01:56pm)
LOL

All serious social scientists list homogeneity as a factor in this. Laugh all you will.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll