d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Sneaky Muslims Sneaking In Halal Into My Food
Prev110111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
May 18 2015 12:34pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 18 2015 01:29pm)
That would depend on if you've ever had kidney stones, passing a 1/4" one of those is roughly equivalent to giving birth from the studies ive seen. Some studies have stones as worse pain than the average child birth. Of course there isnt a 9 month body altering gestation period for kidney stones :)

All men don't get kidney stones and even if they do - they can use a laser to dissolve them. It is 2015, not 1915.

Quote (j0ltk0la @ May 18 2015 01:32pm)
I've had my appendix burst and nearly kill me, lol.

oh I see, well tell her you're tougher than , she's probably faking the pain.

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 18 2015 12:38pm
Gold: 2,489.69
May 18 2015 12:39pm
Quote (card_sultan @ May 18 2015 12:34pm)
All men don't get kidney stones and even if they do - they can use a laser to dissolve them. It is 2015, not 1915.

i didnt say all men get kidney stones, i said it depends on if you have had them. And not all kidney stones can be gotten with the laser, my dad got a nasty one last year out of the blue and by the time he got to the hospital they said he would need to pass it naturally, with no medicine because his seizure medicine could react with it.
May 18 2015 01:04pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 18 2015 01:39pm)
i didnt say all men get kidney stones, i said it depends on if you have had them. And not all kidney stones can be gotten with the laser, my dad got a nasty one last year out of the blue and by the time he got to the hospital they said he would need to pass it naturally, with no medicine because his seizure medicine could react with it.

Well he's obviously a better person for experiencing that pain, he should be thankful for the seasoning.

This post was edited by card_sultan on May 18 2015 01:07pm
May 18 2015 01:12pm
Quote (card_sultan @ May 18 2015 01:04pm)
Well he's obviously a better person for experiencing that pain, he should be thankful for the seasoning.

Im not sure being tougher makes you a better person, but i am sure that experiencing pain makes you tougher.

On a semi-related note I think that the pain of childbirth is a bigger factor in the mother child bond than people may think tho, if we went to all c-sections one day i think there's a real chance it could be a detriment to society.
Gold: 1,152.00
May 18 2015 01:23pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ May 18 2015 01:09pm)
It is well worth it and part of the costs of being human, suffering makes us tough, and tough men lead to stronger societies.

On the contrary, prolonged suffering results in learned helplessness and passivity. Generally, happier people are far more resilient to hardship.

I should actually modify a previous post. It is only clear just how much of a moral urgency suffering is when one is suffering oneself. Even after enduring horrible suffering, the brutality of it is forgotten when it subsides.

But in any case, it seems to me incredibly short sighted to try to defend the need for suffering when one imagines the horrors of Auschwitz, the reality of which is unimaginably worse. No amount of anything makes up for such atrocities.
May 18 2015 01:25pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 18 2015 02:12pm)
Im not sure being tougher makes you a better person, but i am sure that experiencing pain makes you tougher.

On a semi-related note I think that the pain of childbirth is a bigger factor in the mother child bond than people may think tho, if we went to all c-sections one day i think there's a real chance it could be a detriment to society.

So you're saying Mothers don't love their Babies as much if they have a c-section? umm -
notifying Hallmark so they can make more appropriate Mothers Day cards....
May 18 2015 01:37pm
Quote (card_sultan @ May 18 2015 01:25pm)
So you're saying Mothers don't love their Babies as much if they have a c-section? umm -
notifying Hallmark so they can make more appropriate Mothers Day cards....

Well yes and no, to the degree that it makes much of a difference on an individual basis after raising the child? no. At that exact moment of birth, yes. Thats simply hormones not a choice.

It is well documented however that the bond between mother and child is stronger with those women who naturally breastfeed, im suggesting a similar correlation with natural births. The amount of love however isnt congruent, love is something you can build in many different ways just like any bond, but if you dont breastfeed and/or have a natural birth you will need to harbor that bond in other ways. Im just concerned about whole generations of humans being born via c-section and/or not being breastfed, that is unprecedented so im not sure what the consequences would be.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 18 2015 01:38pm
May 18 2015 01:48pm
Are women that choose c-sections more likely to bottle feed?- i really don't know, there's probably some chart on google.
May 18 2015 01:55pm
Quote (card_sultan @ May 18 2015 01:48pm)
Are women that choose c-sections more likely to bottle feed?- i really don't know, there's probably some chart on google.

im not sure if there is a correlation whatsoever. I can say there is likely one between women who chose natural no medicine birth and natural no bottle breastfeeding.
Gold: 109.01
May 18 2015 02:31pm
Just getting back from my 3 day ban for posting that video of showing how our meat is processed. 97%* of American's eat meat but apparently seeing what goes in to putting that steak on your plate is to much.

The just-released “Vegetarianism in America” study, published by Vegetarian Times (vegetariantimes.com), shows that 3.2 percent of U.S. adults, or 7.3 million people, follow a vegetarian-based diet. Approximately 0.5 percent, or 1 million, of those are vegans, who consume no animal products at all.

This thread as has taken a detour in usual Pard fashion, so the point I want to reiterate without going into the meat meat consumption vs vegetarianism that wont advance any discourse or heirloom farm vs factory farming debate is that if one is going to slaughter a farmed animal in a commercial slaughterhouse we owe it to the animals and for our human compassion to kill the animal in the most humane way. Halal sloat slitting vs western bolt method are not functionally equivalent when it comes to the amount of suffering the animal has to endure. Boycott halal, and support your local family farm if they're doing it right.

I think a little bit of suffering, adversity and hardship can be a good thing for a variety of factors. To some extent, it builds character and is motivating as negative reinforcement for numerous people. It also fosters innovation.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev110111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll