d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Sneaky Muslims Sneaking In Halal Into My Food
12313Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 14 2015 02:14pm
Just had a tuna sweetcorn pitta from local shop. When I was half way through I noticed on the packet it said it was halal. How dare they sneak in their dirty halal fish in place of my nice clean british bluefin!

#outraged

This post was edited by Scaly on May 14 2015 02:14pm
Gold: 5,016.77
May 14 2015 02:15pm
Quote (Scaly @ May 14 2015 03:14pm)
Just had a tuna sweetcorn pitta from local shop. When I was half way through I noticed on the packet it said it was halal. How dare they sneak in their dirty halal fish in place of my nice clean british bluefin!

#outraged

You know how I know you're gay?
May 14 2015 02:16pm
Quote (IceMage @ 14 May 2015 20:15)
You know how I know you're gay?

:lol:

i guess pitta bread is pretty gay... if you're not living in bangladesh or getting a kebab on the way home from a drunken, post-football match celebration.

This post was edited by Scaly on May 14 2015 02:17pm
May 14 2015 02:39pm
Inappropriate Post Content
Gold: 109.01
May 14 2015 02:42pm
only allows one vid per post so...
Pat Condell says it best (no surprise there):

best point being "according to the Quran halal meat is not compulsory for muslims, if it isnt available they can eat non-halal and Allah will forgive them". So why do it in the first place begs the question.

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on May 14 2015 03:05pm
May 14 2015 03:12pm
Omg guys I was joking. Tunafish is always halal...

Fml :facepalm:

Most of the halal meat nowadays the animal is stunned before the kill. It's really no worse than other methods. I don't care about halal... Just parodying an ignorant Islamophobe.

I thought it was obvious but I guess maybe it was a little Poe judging by the reactions.
May 14 2015 03:24pm
Inappropriate Post Content
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
May 14 2015 03:30pm
Quote (Scaly @ May 14 2015 04:12pm)
Most of the halal meat nowadays the animal is stunned before the kill.

Is this something you heard or actually saw? So they stun the animal with an electric shock, is this in all plants or just some?

The worse part for me wasn't the animal dying, but that it was done with every other animal watching in complete fear.

May 14 2015 03:50pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 14 May 2015 21:30)
Is this something you heard or actually saw? So they stun the animal with an electric shock, is this in all plants or just some?

The worse part for me wasn't the animal dying, but that it was done with every other animal watching in complete fear.

It's law for slaughtering in England.

Meat from overseas may not be humanely killed regardless of whether it's halal or not.

Although slitting the throat (provided it severs the carotid) is extremely fast. Even in large animals consciousness is lost in under 10 seconds.
Gold: 109.01
May 14 2015 03:52pm
Quote (Scaly @ May 14 2015 04:12pm)
Omg guys I was joking. Tunafish is always halal...

Fml :facepalm:

Most of the halal meat nowadays the animal is stunned before the kill. It's really no worse than other methods. I don't care about halal... Just parodying an ignorant Islamophobe.

I thought it was obvious but I guess maybe it was a little Poe judging by the reactions.

It is worse.

Sorry, instead of just a gest post, I took it as a serious topic to mention the practice of Halal which is cruel and unnecessary.

Your point on stunning is widely not supported by muslim practitioners.
88% of halal slaughter in the UK is stunned first, but halal with or without stunning is a shitty method of slaughter. Read the rspca audit on this.

Why stunning Animals Prior to Slaughter cannot be accepted by Muslims?
http://halalcertification.ie/halal/why-stunning-is-not-accepted/
Islam prohibits Muslims from eating any meat coming from an animal that is dead before the religious slaughter can take place, as well as the consumption of any blood in any amount. These two prohibitions may occur during stunning. Muslims are also advised to avoid eating anything doubtful. Furthermore, meat for human consumption should be natural wholesome and undamaged.

As it is Muslims hold the view that stunning is not only unnecessary but is cruel and painful to the animal, and moreover affects the draining of blood from the carcass thereby producing inferior quality meat

Stunning Method On Animals
http://halaladvocates.net/site/our-issues/stunning-animals/
The stance of the Halal Advocates of America is that stunning should be avoided as much as possible and Muslims in the long term should move towards removing stunning completely from halal slaughterhouses. The Jews have historically taken a strong stance against stunning and do not allow it under any circumstance. At the same time, the Halal Advocates acknowledge the scarcity of authentic halal products and understand that stunning is needed in the short term to meet the needs of the Muslim community.

Stunning can make halal more humane, however there are problems even with stunning and animals regaining consciousness for a variety of factors. There's no reason to use halal slaughter with or without stunning when the Western method essentially instantly kills the animals. The 1st cow in the vid I posted shows how fast it is. Why dilly dally with other methods to appease a religious belief.

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on May 14 2015 03:55pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
12313Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll