d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > My Views On Helping The Poor
Prev14567829Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Apr 8 2015 11:28am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 8 2015 12:21pm)
Another scummy old college try.

Yes I explained a situation where that happened. People can get worked up and sometimes they say not nice things. How terrible of me to say that.
Time to be a big boy and stop grossly misrepresenting people.

oh please, it's obvious you think the same way they do, that you shouldn't be forced to take care of others because it infringes on your freedumbs

hell i wouldn't be surprised if you were in that crowd waving your ron paul signs cheering for that guy they were talking about to take responsibility for his actions and just die
Gold: 7,526.30
Apr 8 2015 12:03pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 8 2015 01:28pm)
oh please, it's obvious you think the same way they do, that you shouldn't be forced to take care of others because it infringes on your freedumbs

hell i wouldn't be surprised if you were in that crowd waving your ron paul signs cheering for that guy they were talking about to take responsibility for his actions and just die

That doesnt mean i want to "let them die" or am happy about people dying.
There are alternate ways to take care of situations that don't involve mandating insurance or forcing people to pay for things.

If you are the biggest scumbag around and no one on earth wants to take care of you or pay for you then sure I guess you are in trouble.
Apr 8 2015 12:05pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 8 2015 01:03pm)
That doesnt mean i want to "let them die" or am happy about people dying.
There are alternate ways to take care of situations that don't involve mandating insurance or forcing people to pay for things.

If you are the biggest scumbag around and no one on earth wants to take care of you or pay for you then sure I guess you are in trouble.

don't think i've ever said you're happy about letting people die, just that you'd rather let them die than have 1 penny taken from you to prolong their existence

do you deny this?
Apr 8 2015 12:09pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 8 2015 02:05pm)
don't think i've ever said you're happy about letting people die, just that you'd rather let them die than have 1 penny taken from you to prolong their existence

do you deny this?

I would rather pay for them voluntarily or have other people pay for them voluntarily, or have someone offer free or discounted services.
No I wouldn't point a gun to my neighbors head and force him to pay for someone else's medical care.

The implication that everyone is just going to 'let them die' if we don't force everyone to have insurance is just nonsense. As is your claim that the christian conservative view is represented by a few jeers at a debate in a room with over 1000 people.
Apr 8 2015 12:12pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 8 2015 01:09pm)
I would rather pay for them voluntarily or have other people pay for them voluntarily, or have someone offer free or discounted services.
No I wouldn't point a gun to my neighbors head and force him to pay for someone else's medical care.

The implication that everyone is just going to 'let them die' if we don't force everyone to have insurance is just nonsense. As is your claim that the christian conservative view is represented by a few jeers at a debate in a room with over 1000 people.

so that's a yes which is what i was expecting
Apr 8 2015 12:16pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 8 2015 02:12pm)
so that's a yes which is what i was expecting

Is that supposed to be some type of gotcha moment?
You are taking the moral high-ground because you would threaten and imprison other people to make them pay for your healthcare instead of seeking out voluntary means?
Apr 8 2015 12:20pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Apr 8 2015 01:16pm)
Is that supposed to be some type of gotcha moment?
You are taking the moral high-ground because you would threaten and imprison other people to make them pay for your healthcare instead of seeking out voluntary means?

no i do not care to seek out voluntary means to replace the good that comes about from taxes

that's just a childish selfish short sighted perspective which hasn't been taken seriously for thousands of years

the necessity of taxes on the other hand has been understood for thousands of years
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 8 2015 12:20pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 8 2015 12:15pm)
none of the candidates rebuked these outbursts which tells you about the people they are catering to and i don't recall any condemnation of these events from conservative media sources following this event

not sure why you try so hard to deny the obvious which is that conservatives do not care for the poor

you seem to be suffering from stockholm syndrome

The crowd was pretty much silent besides a few people. Why would they awkwardly interrupt the flow of a debate?

It's only obvious to 20-something year old retards who wear Che shirts and buy $6 cups of coffee. America has accrued 18 trillion in debt helping the old and the poor. It's laughable that the people who want some fiscal sanity don't care about poor people. It's on par with similar retarded proclamations, like conservatives hate blacks, women, and gays.
Gold: 1.00
Apr 8 2015 12:24pm
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 8 2015 11:20am)
The crowd was pretty much silent besides a few people. Why would they awkwardly interrupt the flow of a debate?

It's only obvious to 20-something year old retards who wear Che shirts and buy $6 cups of coffee. America has accrued 18 trillion in debt helping the old and the poor. It's laughable that the people who want some fiscal sanity don't care about poor people. It's on par with similar retarded proclamations, like conservatives hate blacks, women, and gays.

Huh, I thought we accrued our debt different ways.

&it's stereotyping to say that conservatives hate blacks, women, and gays, but haters of blacks, women, and gays are usually conservative.
Apr 8 2015 12:26pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 8 2015 02:20pm)
no i do not care to seek out voluntary means to replace the good that comes about from taxes

that's just a childish selfish short sighted perspective which hasn't been taken seriously for thousands of years

the necessity of taxes on the other hand has been understood for thousands of years

Its not "childish" or "short sighted" to seek out a better, more efficient and less violent system that would reduce healthcare costs.

You have a few insults and some ad pop/appeal to tradition fallacies. A+
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567829Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll