Prev1234534Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 18 2015 06:38am
drop rate sucks, game sucks, i need to stop playing it

/thread
Gold: 67.00
Jan 18 2015 07:18am
Quote (BeltzeBuBi @ Jan 18 2015 06:25am)
Kill EPs

this
Quote (Viona @ Jan 18 2015 07:31am)
When I said this, I got shot down immediately for it, like someone declaring her atheism in the middle of a church.

What this game needs, is a season system such as d2 and d3 have. More and more items come into the market, and there's no way for items to disappear. Even if items became soulbound when used, this problem would be solved

Part of your issue with getting no items, is that everybody simply has extremely high gear already, and the mediocre items (which were good a couple of years ago) are just not worth keeping anymore.

if you can make fg in this game again ( sellable whites ) people will come they will need that mediocre gear. there are more iso topics than ive seen in forever. i can not buy enough mutes, have the fg to spend. ive pumped more than 15k in the economy in the last 45 days i think its helping slowly. you need to earn as a new player no matter what. whites sellable would fix this. drop increase in quality would fix this.

Quote (Joshie @ Jan 18 2015 07:24am)
But if the potential to well it is only equal to or slightly greater than actually muting, the plain items wont really have a market anyways.

The few people who would sell them are the ones who are climbing once a week and playing very casually, so we wouldn't see many show up on the mp.

considering i cant get enough mutes as most skillers ( maybe not glpyhers ) idk for everyone but a few i know i cant get enough. id gladly pay 15-20 fg whites in my prof range because of the double drop id get a few muteables in that prof range ( hopefully ) these would be on the mp. you could profit simply buy buy the whites welling and sending the mutes there is great potential here just has to be executed while we have some new players around.

This post was edited by GunslingerOfOld on Jan 18 2015 07:19am
Gold: 81,680.73
Jan 18 2015 07:46am
Quote (klinezerokilla @ Jan 18 2015 03:56am)
paul made the game have decent drops for a week after the update, then he nerfed it again. i dont know why

This, was pretty obvious.

Without an explanation/discussion from him there is no real point discussing it further.

My guess is all the "omg drops are craaaaaazy" posts he saw made him nerf the drop rate. Perhaps something broke but it seems on par with how it was pre-update. I think that week of crazy drops just teased all of us into being more active. Now that we are back we can't have items dropping all willy nilly now can we...
Gold: 6,376.70
Jan 18 2015 07:47am
Quote (Viona @ Jan 18 2015 05:31am)
When I said this, I got shot down immediately for it, like someone declaring her atheism in the middle of a church.

What this game needs, is a season system such as d2 and d3 have. More and more items come into the market, and there's no way for items to disappear. Even if items became soulbound when used, this problem would be solved

Part of your issue with getting no items, is that everybody simply has extremely high gear already, and the mediocre items (which were good a couple of years ago) are just not worth keeping anymore.

1. You don't play ladderslasher. You have 0 MQs this season, 1 kill (or some jub xp) this season, and the last time you even bothered to log in was 45 days ago. How can you be so opinionated about a game you do not play, and have not played regularly in a very long time?
2. Making gear go away at a reset would destroy the item economy, not help it. Who in their right mind would care to go and spend 1K on an item if in the next year it's going to be completely gone, or gone to a core nobody plays, let alone 100K+?
3. No, everyone does NOT have extremely high end gear already. Personally, I'd LOVE to see a "mediocre" item like a level 55 axe with 100 EE drop. It'd be a fair sight better than my 40 axe, which currently must serve to MQ, were I to pass to headhunter. However, when 40+ drops are infrequent at best, and the mods on them are tier 1 and 2 mods, there isn't any "mediocre" to be had.

Your points are null and void, you are not an active slasher on this game, and you do not even seem to have any context on which to base your opinion. I would suggest you leave this forum for people who play the game, preferably without letting the door hit you on the way out, or you at least play the game for a few dozen climbs so as to construct a valid opinion.

Quote (BeltzeBuBi @ Jan 18 2015 04:25am)
Kill EPs

I find that on average, currently, level 65+ EPs drop... Garbage. Low stat rolls, and mostly tier I-VI items. On the rare occasion that they do drop anything 40+, it again rolls with tier I or tier II mods, and is not going to help anyone except a person doing their very first climb (who'd be unlikely to be able to kill the EP in the first place, if it's solo).

Fact is, this is an item-based game. Anyone who is just starting, or who has incomplete sets, or who is unburdened with excess amounts of forum gold have very little hope of getting better. Which is ridiculous. How many people would play D2 if the best shit you find after hundreds of hours of play is tir runes and nagelrings? That is the situation as it currently is in ladderslasher, Those who're concerned about market value of average or below average gear should simply shut the hell up. Many are the same people who'll kick undergeared people from the game. Ideally, plenty of gear at or around half it's maximum stat potential should drop (example: 140ee XIV items, 35 strength XIV items, etc.). Nobody's saying that the drop rate of 260+ ee items is way below what it should be. However, "average" items for levels beyond 40 are a fucking wet dream at this point, and you're LUCKY if even one drops in 100 climbs, and EXTREMELY lucky if you're the person fortunate enough to get it. That's whether you're exploring, doing maps, whistling, or welling. You want to worry about the market? Worry about the market as it will be soon enough when the game is back down to only 30-40 regular players (12-20 online at any time), due to NO USABLE GEAR DROPPING IN A GEAR BASED GAME.

Frankly, when it comes to the average items, they shouldn't be sold for thousands. They shouldn't be rare as hell to get. They should be common, cheap, and readily available for new slashers, hence the term "average". The fact that they're not is why the community doesn't grow.

Edit: And for those who're shouting and rejoicing and making a big deal about your tier III-VI items that're "OMG, it's perfect!"... Use it to MQ. Hell, use it to 40. Mirror Maze with it. Oh... That's right, you can't. Nobody's complaining about tier III-VI shit. There's loads of it, and at this point, it's damn near worthless. And it will NOT help you in the 50's and 60's. So stop harping on inconsequentials and focus on the topic at hand.

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Jan 18 2015 08:07am
Gold: 27.88
Jan 18 2015 08:04am
i play now for some month ls and i have to say i found nothing good just a lvl 15 charm
my brother (neverdies) muted every day tones of essences and he dont mute anything good
if u are a beginner u cant start with low gear and make some soloclimbs to update your gear
its horroble and when nothing will change no new player will play this game
i dont wanne climb with the gear of my brother and make gp´s
i want to find some nice items
i dont have to find an axe with 260 ee
but a lvl 55 axe with 140 ee would be nice
or something in that range
a soloclimb with nice gear costs tonnes of time
and what u are finding?
u cant do a soloclimb every day and say: ohh okay i play in 1 hour from 1 -71 perhaps in the next climb i will be lucky
okay we have a button wo whistle now but do you whistle on lvl 30 when u are 50?
no items drop u need to kill 100 monsters to get 1% exp -.-
that doesnt help
sry but i dont know how long i will play this game
Gold: 20,484.75
Jan 18 2015 08:29am
Quote (BeltzeBuBi @ Jan 18 2015 06:25am)
Kill EPs

Are you implying that nobody explores with your statement there? Do you have any clue how many times UA goes 101+ full explore, finds loads of EPs and we only find shrineable/muteable items? I have done many solo climbs with 25+ magic luck (@lvl55+ ofc) and find crap, almost even worse if I had no magic luck on.

Quote (GunslingerOfOld @ Jan 18 2015 06:25am)
low drop rate prevents the game from growing though.imo i think ml should be way more effective. i still personally idont believe it works for muting. i cant tell you how many times ive soloed for weeks with nothing but ml gear on.  the way mods roll is just ugh. when muting you will see max tier 2 stats on a level 50 item 500-1000 times and then get something useable.  also stats never roll together in tiers either example is a legendary with 7 stats. 1 stat will be  tier ten roll the other 6 tier 1 or 2.  there are great mods in this game (crit strike ls ml etc ) stats being str dex int great vita is practically worth less. i think vita should offer a life boost not just a defense boost.  one way would be to double the mod cap or at least increase it. crit flux or armor pierce for example are all 1 per tier max make that 1.75 like regen. i also think the acessory slot should not be limited to enhanced effect i feel mods not stats should also work in this slot. so you can get some more crit strike when your armour weapon and charm are magical. i think the quanity of drops is sufficent ( although you have to explore for them its just the quality that needs to be boosted ) and lets never forget making whites sellable and stackable at a diminishing rate per tier ( tier 1 stacks to 14, tier 14 doesnt stack ) at the same time this would be a form of currency essentially that everyone elite and new can acquire and make worth exploring despite drop quality rates

I have been preaching the bolded part for years now. Everyone just blows me off. Paul has told me that it is working as intended but cant be tested. The part where he says it cant be tested has brought up red flags for me, because it can be tested. I have been to lazy to test it because I really dont feel its worth my time and effort to do all the testing for it; because if I do do all the testing for it, find out it its not working, no guarantee that Paul will change it. I could see him simply dismissing my testing as "not reliable" or something like that.

If you want to know how to test Magic Luck, the only way I can think of is with Maps. Maps will have the same level mobs all the time. So you simply find Maps with quantity of 4, do 2 runs no ML. then do 2 with ML. Just be sure to keep track of amount of EPs. Then right down ALL tiers of drops and how many mods if Magical or Legendary or whatever.
Just run around 50 total maps and you will have a small pool to work from.

Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jan 18 2015 08:47am)
1. You don't play ladderslasher. You have 0 MQs this season, 1 kill (or some jub xp) this season, and the last time you even bothered to log in was 45 days ago. How can you be so opinionated about a game you do not play, and have not played regularly in a very long time?
2. Making gear go away at a reset would destroy the item economy, not help it. Who in their right mind would care to go and spend 1K on an item if in the next year it's going to be completely gone, or gone to a core nobody plays, let alone 100K+?
3. No, everyone does NOT have extremely high end gear already. Personally, I'd LOVE to see a "mediocre" item like a level 55 axe with 100 EE drop. It'd be a fair sight better than my 40 axe, which currently must serve to MQ, were I to pass to headhunter. However, when 40+ drops are infrequent at best, and the mods on them are tier 1 and 2 mods, there isn't any "mediocre" to be had.

Your points are null and void, you are not an active slasher on this game, and you do not even seem to have any context on which to base your opinion. I would suggest you leave this forum for people who play the game, preferably without letting the door hit you on the way out, or you at least play the game for a few dozen climbs so as to construct a valid opinion.

I find that on average, currently, level 65+ EPs drop... Garbage. Low stat rolls, and mostly tier I-VI items. On the rare occasion that they do drop anything 40+, it again rolls with tier I or tier II mods, and is not going to help anyone except a person doing their very first climb (who'd be unlikely to be able to kill the EP in the first place, if it's solo).

Fact is, this is an item-based game. Anyone who is just starting, or who has incomplete sets, or who is unburdened with excess amounts of forum gold have very little hope of getting better. Which is ridiculous. How many people would play D2 if the best shit you find after hundreds of hours of play is tir runes and nagelrings? That is the situation as it currently is in ladderslasher, Those who're concerned about market value of average or below average gear should simply shut the hell up. Many are the same people who'll kick undergeared people from the game. Ideally, plenty of gear at or around half it's maximum stat potential should drop (example: 140ee XIV items, 35 strength XIV items, etc.). Nobody's saying that the drop rate of 260+ ee items is way below what it should be. However, "average" items for levels beyond 40 are a fucking wet dream at this point, and you're LUCKY if even one drops in 100 climbs, and EXTREMELY lucky if you're the person fortunate enough to get it. That's whether you're exploring, doing maps, whistling, or welling. You want to worry about the market? Worry about the market as it will be soon enough when the game is back down to only 30-40 regular players (12-20 online at any time), due to NO USABLE GEAR DROPPING IN A GEAR BASED GAME.

Frankly, when it comes to the average items, they shouldn't be sold for thousands. They shouldn't be rare as hell to get. They should be common, cheap, and readily available for new slashers, hence the term "average". The fact that they're not is why the community doesn't grow.

Edit: And for those who're shouting and rejoicing and making a big deal about your tier III-VI items that're "OMG, it's perfect!"... Use it to MQ. Hell, use it to 40. Mirror Maze with it. Oh... That's right, you can't. Nobody's complaining about tier III-VI shit. There's loads of it, and at this point, it's damn near worthless. And it will NOT help you in the 50's and 60's. So stop harping on inconsequentials and focus on the topic at hand.

I 100% agree with InsaneBob. People are blinded by good/decent Low Tier item drops and believe good items still drop. Its EXTREMELY rare for good level 45+ items to drop, then if your in a full group, you have 1/5 chance or getting it.

This post was edited by iToons on Jan 18 2015 08:30am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 18 2015 08:44am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Jan 18 2015 08:47am)

Vouch this thread.
I only came back to LS because many whites were dropping (during the glitch period) and it gave me hope that there would be more welling/better opportunity to find some mediocre gear. Well I have stuck with it and have seen 1 item drop over 100 ee (it was like 105ee) in about 25 or so climbs. This is the reason I left LS int he first place. Might be time to quit again shortly.
Gold: 51.35
Jan 18 2015 09:38am
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ 15 Jan 2015 05:58)
Arcane tempered diamond axe
Level Req: 45
Damage: 225 to 335

+240% Enhanced Effect
+6 Life Regen
+1 to 30 Life per Kill
+1% Mana Skin
+2 Jubilance
+1% Ice Mastery

OH MY FUCKING GOD.........................

welling with john...

watch the date good items still drop the only problem is the player base
more player more drops
and you all want godlike stuff that is nasty
plz stop this shit every month
Gold: 135,869.63
Trader: Trusted
Jan 18 2015 09:46am
Quote (BeltzeBuBi @ 18 Jan 2015 16:38)
watch the date good items still drop the only problem is the player base
more player more drops
and you all want godlike stuff that is nasty
plz stop this shit every month

look i found one too: :lol:

Arcane tempered diamond axe
Level Req: 45
Damage: 225 to 335

+240% Enhanced Effect
+7 Life Regen
+1 to 30 Life per Kill
+1% Mana Skin
+2 Jubilance
+1% Ice Mastery

the main point is that there is not much perspective to find something nice. new players have simply no chance without spending fg.
you need any mechanism that helps you to farm in a gear based game.
and even if there are several improvements so far (better treasure chests for example)
something like sellable wellables is badly needed to improve the economy a lot more.

also magic luck is a good point.. last time i remember when i played d2 i really saw a difference when i put on 350 magic find gear (what isnt too much) compared to no magic find WITHOUT doing a long test ^^

one more edit: since i found that huge axe not too long ago (the 191ee lvl 35; and not the twin troll axe of lance´s) i am not really complaining for the next time ofc :rofl:

This post was edited by ahs_darkhunter on Jan 18 2015 09:51am
Gold: 3,633.50
Jan 18 2015 09:52am
I've recently started slashing again to kill time. While I do climb solo (does that change drop quality?), I climb with at least 10 Magic Luck starting at Lv35 (20 ML for wells), attempt all EPs, trapdoors, and go above Lv71 occasionally. I've yet to find any item with a stat remotely close to the theoretical max. For higher tier items, I've yet to find a stat above Tier II max.

I'm lucky I still had some leftover gear from when I first quit. I can't imagine how difficult it would be for a newbie. A knowledgeable one could make maybe 10-20fg a climb selling Skillables, and can maybe sell their GP for some more.

I think a game like this can thrive off the excitement of finding that one awesome (or mediocre even) item you can call your own. But that just doesn't seem to be there. I agree with the other sentiments in this thread. I'm not saying we should be seeing 200+ EE items dropping left and right.. But maybe seeing more than that troll 6% EE or 2 INT on that one or two Tier XIV drop per climb would be nice. Perhaps some sort of drop curve where an item is more likely to drop with stats in the mid-range of the Tier, while the higher ends (and lower?) are more rare.

This post was edited by Skitty on Jan 18 2015 09:54am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234534Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll