d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Morally Bankrupt States Of America
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 12 2014 09:05am
i was looking for ron pauls program and i found this

https://www.fpeusa.org/

well.
Gold: 500.00
Dec 12 2014 09:27am
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 11 2014 10:05pm)
You linked a thread where you posted quotes of other people/links and got thoroughly discredited.

WLC is a good Christian apologist and he has impressive degrees in Philosophy.  Why do you obsess over his name?

Where exactly are you going with this?

who'd have thought you could tell someone you were trolling them and they'd be too dense to get it :wacko:

not gonna touch the wlc stuff, believe w/e u want to believe
Gold: 2,489.69
Dec 12 2014 09:47am
Im just curious, at what point in America's history would you consider our country morally acceptable?

Not that anyone suggested a decline in morals per-say but it seems to me as i dial back in history things get worse and never were good.

-90% indigenous population deaths in central america during conquest
-remaining western indian populations forced into essentially 1/100th their original homeland
-nearly the entire black population today is descended from former slaves
-civil war tears country in half causing insanely priced reconstruction
-war to annex southern territorys from an at the time relatively well match mexico
-on the surface a hundred years follows with relative peace by shrouding the problem of civil rights inequalities
-completely unfounded war in vietnam
-completely unfounded war in iraq 1 and 2 + afghanistan

our track record is undoubtedly better than it was in 1776 but its not like weve ever been good. patriotism and propaganda just tricked an entire generation into thinking our country is morally sound
Gold: 8,933.00
Dec 12 2014 09:52am
Gold: 0.76
Dec 13 2014 09:13am
Quote (Santara @ 12 Dec 2014 10:52)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9VhD4SccSE

Awesome vid. I understand why we've gone to war, but I detest the fact that we've been forced to. We have evolved in so many ways yet still resolve conflicts by ripping each other to pieces.

The purist in me would say the America's most moral time would be pre-900 AD. the time before the Norsemen settled along the shores of North America and Greenland.

Yet I think even though we still commit immoral acts upon each other and ourselves, as time progresses and as communication advances we as a nation have become able to find a collective moral voice that was hard to achieve even decades ago. As we progress hopefully this trend of social media being used as more than just a trivial electronic plaything will grow, and there will be a more instant nationwide ability to react to immoral actions, and the ability to call to task those who are committing them. So maybe morality as a nation could be described as growing?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll