d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Toronto Raptors > Discussion, Love, Hate, Rage, Etc.
Prev1114115116117118195Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 16 2017 03:37pm
yo btg, stahp making Derozan tahpics and use this one to upd8 his stat lines :)

I was away in San Diego for a few days and I missed a loss and a win, and returned to watch the Raps step all over the nuts of the Nets.

I rarely miss games and although I caught up on the highlights of the two games I missed, it doesn't feel quite right :P I've missed only 2 games in the last few seasons and I missed them right in a row. That being said, I was really busy in SD and the hotel didn't have the games. Bunch of Lakers & Warriors fans out there.
Gold: 171.76
Dec 17 2017 10:49am
https://www.google.ca/amp/www.chron.com/neighborhood/magnolia/news/amp/District-clears-up-dismissal-policy-at-Bear-9723102.php

JV and OG and Miles ?

I’d do JV and miles and a pick ....

Wouldn’t include OG ... dudes a monster
Retired Moderator
Dec 17 2017 11:02am
^ Link: "District clears up dismissal policy at Bear Branch Elementary" ... was there a different link you meant to post? Is this a proposal for Marc Gasol?

I'm uneasy about the offers being projected for Gasol but he is a great player so we'd need to lose at least one good young guy. I don't know who that should be, but I agree that OG has been a monster, he's perfect for the system, he fills a positional void, and his potential is really high.
Gold: 394.00
Dec 17 2017 02:51pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Dec 17 2017 01:02pm)
^ Link: "District clears up dismissal policy at Bear Branch Elementary" ... was there a different link you meant to post? Is this a proposal for Marc Gasol?

I'm uneasy about the offers being projected for Gasol but he is a great player so we'd need to lose at least one good young guy. I don't know who that should be, but I agree that OG has been a monster, he's perfect for the system, he fills a positional void, and his potential is really high.

Ya that was the proposal for gasol....from a Memphis reporter so they don't seem to know much about the raptors players. Especially considering they called OG a "throw in".

The trade proposal I've seen that is most interesting to me is Mirotic for JV. The way JV had been playing lately though I'm not sure I would trade him. Him and Ibaka have started playing a lot better together and it's been paying off.
Dec 17 2017 03:12pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Dec 17 2017 01:02pm)

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/raptorsrapture.com/2017/12/17/raptors-valanciunas-featured-marc-gasol-trade-speculation/amp/
Retired Moderator
Dec 17 2017 03:29pm
^ ty for link :)

Quote (Danno_omen @ 17 Dec 2017 16:51)
Ya that was the proposal for gasol....from a Memphis reporter so they don't seem to know much about the raptors players. Especially considering they called OG a "throw in".

The trade proposal I've seen that is most interesting to me is Mirotic for JV. The way JV had been playing lately though I'm not sure I would trade him. Him and Ibaka have started playing a lot better together and it's been paying off.

As the articles go on to say, The Trade Machine algorithm postulates that the Raptors would decrease their projected wins by eight games, while Memphis would increase theirs by three.

tl;dr: Memphis may have no idea how good OG is, or they may be acting like he's a throw-in to try to rip Toronto off. Plus, that's just a deal proposed by a writer afaik.

As for Mirotic for JV, I wouldn't take that deal. It's a tough call b/c Mirotic is a better fit for the system, but ultimately I think JV is the better player. JV just hasn't been featured enough to show how good he is.

The more I think about it, the less I want the Raps to trade JV and the more I want them to use him. I don't see why they cant use him in the new system. You can mix in the young bigs and basically use JV as a passer-rebounder in offensive sets until you want a half-court bucket. In the half court, I think JV is Toronto's 3rd best option, after Demar and Ibaka. If we trade JV I think building a package for Gasol is a good idea, but I worry that the Raps may overpay. Winning isn't a straightforward function of talent, and of all the teams in the league, Toronto is probably the best example of winning without a superior overall player.

Dec 17 2017 04:56pm
Another raptors blowout ....

This season feels different ... this team feels fluid and almost unstoppable when they turn things on .

Could this be the year ? Finally ....
Gold: 7.27
Gold: 0.72
Dec 17 2017 05:00pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Dec 17 2017 05:56pm)
Another raptors blowout ....

This season feels different ... this team feels fluid and almost unstoppable when they turn things on .

Could this be the year ? Finally ....

Beats the Kings.

"Could this be the year?"

:rofl:
Dec 17 2017 05:01pm
Quote (Trig @ Dec 17 2017 06:58pm)

How’s his face ....
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1114115116117118195Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll