d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Toronto Raptors > Discussion, Love, Hate, Rage, Etc.
Prev1111112113114115195Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Oct 27 2017 04:01pm
Interesting, close game vs GSW. No JV, no Bebe, but Siakam played his best game as a Raptor.

Up next, Raps @ Lakers ton8, starting at 10 or 10:30 EST ... I have my DVR set to record in case I join late. Either way, I doubt I'll catch the 2nd half until I re-watch tomorrow. If you're watching the game, enjoy it :)

This is an interesting match-up for the Raps b/c I expect the young guys to get plenty of PT against the young Lakers. Casey is probably expecting our bench to beat the Lakers so that Demar and Kyle can rest late. I could understand if Kyle in particular actually gets big minutes just to get him in rhythm after a quiet start to the season.
Retired Moderator
Oct 30 2017 10:24pm
Down 2 starters (JV & Ibaka), Raps win over Portland (a.k.a. D Lil and some other guys). Derozan played well in the 1st half, Bebe had a career high in points (and a few about 200 feet above the rim) and a bunch of blocks, Lowry played well for the 2nd game in a row, and Anunoby @ 75% showed some signs of his defensive abilities.

I can't say it was a pretty game or an exciting game, but the Raps rebounded well, had some good defensive spurts, and essentially dominated the Blazers. D Lil gets props for racking up some points, but it looked like the Raps decided to leave him alone and let him try to beat them in the 2nd half. By contrast, for whatever reason, Derozan more or less took the 2nd half off from scoring--looks like it was by design.

I thought Portland was better than this, and maybe it was just an odd game out.
Retired Moderator
Nov 4 2017 12:20pm
4 posts in a row, spread out over a couple of weeks. Do we need to move the franchise to Mtl to get some love in here?

Alas, nice game against the Jazz. The Jazz are one of the dirtiest teams in the league and once again the Raps lost focus a few times due to that. Otherwise, Mitchell is going to be a good player. Like, give him the ball in iso and drink tequila on the way up the floor good. Reminds me a bit of D Lil but he's a better defender and he still has a lot to prove before it's a fair comparison.

Wizards up next tomorrow. Early game. This should be a good one. I expect it to be a tough game coming off a long road trip but it's still a winnable contest (esp if Wall is out). By the end of the season I would *guess* the East will look like:

Cavs (if they get their stuff together)
Celts
Raps
Wiz
Bucks
Gold: 21.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 4 2017 01:05pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Nov 4 2017 02:20pm)
4 posts in a row, spread out over a couple of weeks. Do we need to move the franchise to Mtl to get some love in here?

Alas, nice game against the Jazz. The Jazz are one of the dirtiest teams in the league and once again the Raps lost focus a few times due to that. Otherwise, Mitchell is going to be a good player. Like, give him the ball in iso and drink tequila on the way up the floor good. Reminds me a bit of D Lil but he's a better defender and he still has a lot to prove before it's a fair comparison.

Wizards up next tomorrow. Early game. This should be a good one. I expect it to be a tough game coming off a long road trip but it's still a winnable contest (esp if Wall is out). By the end of the season I would *guess* the East will look like:

Cavs (if they get their stuff together)
Celts
Raps
Wiz
Bucks

Majority of raptor fans wont be posting here till playoffs
Retired Moderator
Nov 9 2017 10:22pm
7-4 with losses to GSW & Spurs in games they should've won, and a brutal loss to Denver near the end of a 6 game road trip. I thought the Raps had good and bad spurts against the Pels in their successful effort to snap the Pels' 3 game winning streak. I'm not mad at our offence but we got sloppy at times and Demar took a few dumb shots. Our defensive efforts were inconsistent, but when the Raps decided to defended they were pretty good. JV was outstanding on the boards and Ibaka made some big defensive plays. I didn't love the bench's efforts tonight in most of their minutes but there were some good moments. It was a much better win than their last win.

Jameer Nelson continues to impress me for the Pels. Holiday scored in a big way tonight but I actually felt that Nelson was the superior guard tonight (excluding Derozan for the Raps). He's a seasoned, strong guy, and I feel like the league is lucky that Jammer was born a midget. This has been a nice little resurgence to his career.

AD played well and I felt that Boogie was half amazing and half terrible.

The rest of the game was pretty ordinary. Anunoby made some big plays. That guy is an athletic stud.

Raps v Celts coming up soon. The Celts have looked really good this season even without Hayward.

Gold: 171.76
Nov 9 2017 10:47pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Nov 10 2017 12:22am)
7-4 with losses to GSW & Spurs in games they should've won, and a brutal loss to Denver near the end of a 6 game road trip. I thought the Raps had good and bad spurts against the Pels in their successful effort to snap the Pels' 3 game winning streak. I'm not mad at our offence but we got sloppy at times and Demar took a few dumb shots. Our defensive efforts were inconsistent, but when the Raps decided to defended they were pretty good. JV was outstanding on the boards and Ibaka made some big defensive plays. I didn't love the bench's efforts tonight in most of their minutes but there were some good moments. It was a much better win than their last win.

Jameer Nelson continues to impress me for the Pels. Holiday scored in a big way tonight but I actually felt that Nelson was the superior guard tonight (excluding Derozan for the Raps). He's a seasoned, strong guy, and I feel like the league is lucky that Jammer was born a midget. This has been a nice little resurgence to his career.

AD played well and I felt that Boogie was half amazing and half terrible.

The rest of the game was pretty ordinary. Anunoby made some big plays. That guy is an athletic stud.

Raps v Celts coming up soon. The Celts have looked really good this season even without Hayward.

DeRozans shot to seal it the win was a beauty
Gold: 394.00
Nov 9 2017 11:06pm
I thought it was pretty interesting that it was OG on the floor closing the game out.
Retired Moderator
Nov 10 2017 08:54am
Quote (bitg_pj @ 10 Nov 2017 00:47)
DeRozans shot to seal it the win was a beauty

He made a lot of great shots tonight. He took a few stinkers but his 3 has looked better in the last few games than it's ever looked. I don't think he'll ever be a good 3 pt shooter but I truly admire his practice work ethic.

Quote (Danno_omen @ 10 Nov 2017 01:06)
I thought it was pretty interesting that it was OG on the floor closing the game out.

I think it's a good move. He makes some rookie mistakes but he doesn't turn the ball over and he plays hard and with confidence. Considering that he's probably only operating at 75% but he dunked on AD and made him his b*tch, I think he's a really good draft pick. That being said, this year's draft class looks amazing.
Gold: 540.00
Nov 10 2017 10:02am
Quote (Danno_omen @ Nov 10 2017 01:06am)

OG has all the tools to be a scary player
tall, athletic as crazy. Just need to polish his skills
Gold: 171.76
Nov 10 2017 11:17am
Quote (bena2OO5 @ Nov 10 2017 12:02pm)
OG has all the tools to be a scary player
tall, athletic as crazy. Just need to polish his skills

He’s not 2 years away from being 2 years away
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1111112113114115195Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll