d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Monster Officers Break Into Home Illegally And Bea > Beat The Occupants
Prev14567810Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,819.09
Oct 13 2014 06:27pm
Quote (Scaly @ Oct 13 2014 07:53pm)
But the board didn't find it to be unlawful entry... they found it to be illegal entry. I still don't understand...

No they said unlawful entry.

Quote (Santara @ Oct 13 2014 07:53pm)
In case law, if the initial action by the cop is unlawful, everything derived thereof is also unlawful. They had zero cause to enter, they needed a warrant. Sure they responded for a third time, but when they got there, all was quiet and the crowd had gone home.

And "enforcing a noise violation" justifies assault and breaking and entering? Write the homeowner a ticket and go home. Where's your perspective?

That's not how the law works. This isn't Law and Order. Only evidence obtained as a result of illegal search and seizure is inadmissible, and illegal search and seizure has limitations and exceptions under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

They absolutely had cause to enter. The law isn't your perverse Libertarian views on how the law should work. The law allows police officers to enter homes without a warrant, and enforcing a noise violation after the third compliant complies. It doesn't matter they were not acting completely in the right. These plaintiffs maybe should have stopped making as much noise and actually answered their doors and they wouldn't be in this situation.

This post was edited by Caedus on Oct 13 2014 06:30pm
Gold: 500.00
Oct 13 2014 06:27pm
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ Oct 13 2014 07:26pm)
Oh look another Cop Bashing thread, move along folks.

not quite, it just got derailed into a cop praise thread
Gold: 1,272.50
Oct 13 2014 06:29pm
Quote (duffman316 @ 13 Oct 2014 17:27)
not quite, it just got derailed into a cop praise thread

Good, this time I agree with Caedus.
Gold: 171.76
Oct 13 2014 06:30pm
Quote (Caedus @ Oct 13 2014 08:27pm)
No they said unlawful entry.

That's not how the law works. This isn't Law and Order. Only evidence obtained as a result of illegal search and seizure is inadmissible, and illegal search and seizure has limitations and exceptions under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

They absolutely had cause to enter. The law isn't your perverse Libertarian views on how the law should work. The law allows police officers to enter homes with a warrant, and enforcing a noise violation after the third compliant complies. It doesn't matter they were not acting completely in the right. These plaintiffs maybe should have stopped making as much noise and actually answered their doors and they wouldn't be in this situation.

You really are nuts....I'm now convinced more than ever to vote for whoever keeps you loonie toon conservatives out of power is in our best interests....
Oct 13 2014 06:32pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (bitg_pj @ Oct 13 2014 08:30pm)
You really are nuts....I'm now convinced more than ever to vote for whoever keeps you loonie toon conservatives out of power is in our best interests....

What a shock. Bita makes a thread, can't respond to any arguments (because he's an idiot) and starts to flame instead. You're a joke. Why don't you leave like you said you would.
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 13 2014 06:45pm
Quote (Caedus @ Oct 13 2014 07:27pm)

They absolutely had cause to enter. The law isn't your perverse Libertarian views on how the law should work. The law allows police officers to enter homes without a warrant, and enforcing a noise violation after the third compliant complies. It doesn't matter they were not acting completely in the right. These plaintiffs maybe should have stopped making as much noise and actually answered their doors and they wouldn't be in this situation.

That's exactly how the law works, and your description agrees with mine. Are you off kilter here?

You can say that until you're blue in the face, and you're still dead wrong. Cause to enter needs a warrant. Allow me to quote:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Does reason tell you that if the cops don't break in, they're going to get away? Does reason tell you that a dark and quiet house is itching for the homeowners' asses to be beaten? Simply put, there was no pressing concern for safety or justice that meant the step of obtaining a warrant was an unnecessary burden on the cops.
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 13 2014 06:53pm
Quote (Caedus @ Oct 13 2014 07:32pm)
What a shock. Bita makes a thread, can't respond to any arguments (because he's an idiot) and starts to flame instead. You're a joke. Why don't you leave like you said you would.

This post was edited by IceMage on Oct 13 2014 06:54pm
Oct 13 2014 07:05pm
Quote (Caedus @ Oct 13 2014 08:32pm)

You didn't make an argument....you tried....poorly I might add...to suggest that police officers have a right to break into homes for noise complaints....and then tried to suggest that the police board suggested this because they clearly stated that the officer committed an illegal break and enter....

I can't argue with a brick wall that blatantly states why he's wrong and acts as if it makes him right....

Kids the best troll i've ever met
Oct 13 2014 07:07pm
Quote (Santara @ Oct 13 2014 08:45pm)
That's exactly how the law works, and your description agrees with mine. Are you off kilter here?

You can say that until you're blue in the face, and you're still dead wrong. Cause to enter needs a warrant. Allow me to quote:

Does reason tell you that if the cops don't break in, they're going to get away? Does reason tell you that a dark and quiet house is itching for the homeowners' asses to be beaten? Simply put, there was no pressing concern for safety or justice that meant the step of obtaining a warrant was an unnecessary burden on the cops.

When someone thinks noise complaints makes it justifiable to your door being broken down and being beaten....
Oct 13 2014 07:13pm
Quote (Santara @ Oct 13 2014 08:45pm)

No it isn't. Even under US law you can enter without a warrant, and you most certainly can in Canada. You saying you can't doesn't mean anything.

I don't know what the point of continuing this further if you keep applying your definition of law instead of using the actual law. You are dead wrong about the law.

Quote (bitg_pj @ Oct 13 2014 09:05pm)
You didn't make an argument....you tried....poorly I might add...to suggest that police officers have a right to break into homes for noise complaints....and then tried to suggest that the police board suggested this because they clearly stated that the officer committed an illegal break and enter....

I can't argue with a brick wall that blatantly states why he's wrong and acts as if it makes him right....

Kids the best troll i've ever met

It's poor, why because you said it was?

You're a joke. Clueless, paranoid, naive, ignorant, and just plain stupid. Leave like you said you would. This forum has enough fools who do what you do.

This post was edited by Caedus on Oct 13 2014 07:15pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567810Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll