d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > My Experiences, And Things I've Learned.
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 19.00
Sep 25 2014 11:10pm
Loy, this is by far the best thread ive read on jsp, LOL!
Gold: 2,488.00
Oct 9 2014 07:43pm
Quote (Bassist @ Sep 26 2014 05:10am)
Loy, this is by far the best thread ive read on jsp, LOL!

I live an interesting life my old friend.

Today was my last day in the Army. I am now a free man. Last night I slept with that girl I last posted about. Tomorrow, I close out my apartment and drive back home to Florida to start a new chapter in my life.

I predict I'll be in Florida roughly a year before I move out west. I've lived in the south my entire life - It's time to move onto another place.

It's an 11 hour drive. I am currently procrastinating finishing up my apartment. I currently have a couple tails lined up for back home. Can't wait to dive into the pussy back there again. It's a little slow in the winter - But I live 1.5 hours from panama city and about 6 months til spring break.

I've missed pcb sb every single year I've been in the army so far. It's time to slay vag on an astronomical later. Expect epic stories within the next year.
Oct 13 2014 04:22pm
So today I'm making the 11 hour drive home. Naturally getting out of the military - even with a couple good paying job prospects - I'm a little stressed going back home. Its an entirely different life style. Though I am enjoying the freedom and everything that comes with not being in anymore, I feel as if I lack a sense of purpose. Though I am a complete believer in fate and destiny and I know I have one, but I don't quite know what it is yet. In the military, I had that. But once I got off i95 and onto i10 in Florida, I immediately felt better. The sun started shining, I feel at ease. Oh good ol Florida, how I love you. Still have 4 hours in my drive back to ft. Walton, but I'm almost home. This blog is getting sort of emotional, but I'm bored as shit. I've listened to the same 13 songs on repeat like 10 times already. On another note, I have pussy lined up, so that's a plus.
Gold: 19.00
Oct 15 2014 03:11pm
Quote (sank @ Oct 13 2014 05:22pm)
So today I'm making the 11 hour drive home. Naturally getting out of the military - even with a couple good paying job prospects - I'm a little stressed going back home. Its an entirely different life style. Though I am enjoying the freedom and everything that comes with not being in anymore, I feel as if I lack a sense of purpose. Though I am a complete believer in fate and destiny and I know I have one, but I don't quite know what it is yet. In the military, I had that. But once I got off i95 and onto i10 in Florida, I immediately felt better. The sun started shining, I feel at ease. Oh good ol Florida, how I love you. Still have 4 hours in my drive back to ft. Walton, but I'm almost home. This blog is getting sort of emotional, but I'm bored as shit. I've listened to the same 13 songs on repeat like 10 times already. On another note, I have pussy lined up, so that's a plus.

Wow man I'm happy for you :) I bet that must be a surreal feeling, quite unexplainable until you experience it. Good on you for doing it though buddy! Fate will always drive you in the right direction and life will never send anything your way you aren't capable of overcoming :)
Oct 21 2014 07:49pm
"I'll only blow you if you buy me a mountain dew." Pretty much sums up how my nights going so far.
Nov 16 2014 06:29am
So the last couple weeks have my life have been a blur for the most part. Nothing too exciting. Since Monday, I've been fucking this one chick. Cute, funny, awesome personality, good at sex stuff, has her head on straight, but is god blessed fucking bat shit crazy. So pushy about relationships and this and that. I can't deal with it. I went to the club with my ex's best friend from when we first started dating my senior year. We danced a bit, I made out with her, I felt every part of her. She came with 2 of her corpsman from the navy. We were all leaving back to the hotel. She left with some guy from his we knew. So I was a little flabbergasted. She texted me about 20 mins later asking where I was...but I wait on no bitch ever like that. So whether she pulled a quicke and was tryna getna second round in with me or innocently drove with him for 20 mins. I wait on no bitch. I mean, we both literally just got out the military. She dated one of my best friends. Dated one of his good friends. She's my ex's best friend from highschool. I will report back when I smash
Nov 18 2014 03:58am
So tonight turned out to be one of the most awkward fucking nights of my life and I am not sure how to describe this. So my buddy texts me at 130am 'hey you wanna run a train on this bitch with me?' Naturally I'm like lol what who? So I'm heading into town to pick my buddy up and then this girl. She turned out to be a rather cute little blonde girl. My.phone wasn't receiving pictures so I was going in blind. We get to the train part and no one is really speaking up so I tell my friend to get out, I'll get blown and then he can fuck her. Were in my jeep and we can't go in the girls house BECAUSE HER AUNT JUST DIED THERE TONIGHT. what a fucking gutter slut, right? Anyways, so she's like yeah I don't mean to be a douche but in was doing this for him. I'm only attracted to black guys. But I'll do it anyways I guess. So I'm back there, pants down, dick as soft and tiny as ever because its 20 degrees and the look on her face is pure boredom cus I'm not black and my friend is and she wants me to wear a condom. She doesn't want money...so I'm not sure she's a prostitute. Just a super slut my friend met off pof. Anyways. Im like hey can I grab your tits and she's like yeah and her face is still bored and my dick is still super soft and tiny cus sitting at a weird angle and shit. I'm like fuck it. Told my buddy he's got 10 minutes and I left. I'm currently sitting outside under stairs typing this so my buddy can get laid. I am pissed. Her face was so fucking pathetic I couldn't even get it up for a pity bj so she can fuck my friend. Where do girls this dumb and slutty even come from? Oh that's right...pof.
Nov 18 2014 05:37am
So as an update to my last post from an hour ago...

So I'll try to replay out the whole scenario.

I'm chilling at home when a buddy asks if I want to run a train on a girl. Sure, so we're off. Were in my jeep because we can't go inside her house because her aunt just died earlier in the night in there. So I tell my buddy to go walk for 10 while I get head. She says shes doing all this for my buddy and that she's only into black guys. (Well shit I'm fresh out of black people skin) but she says shell do it anyways once my friend comes back because its cold and she doesn't want him in the cold. So he comes. I hop in the back. I tried grabbing her tits, jerking off, I could not get up. The look on her face was pure 'hurry up and get this over with'. I couldn't do it. So blowjobless I just left. I came back 15 mins later and got in my jeep where they were finishing up and I just hear from the back 'oooo shit you're bleeding' this bitch bled all over him, and got some all over my jeep seat. So we drop her off and no one said bye she just quietly stepped out. He is like duuuuuuuuuuuuude and I'm like yo what happened. Not only did this bitch bleed on him, while she was blowing him, she vomited and used her sweater to catch it all...but still...this is a straight gutter slut. I am still baffled how this girl can be this cute little innocent looking blonde girl, but be such a whore, fucking random dudes you literally just met, and willing to fuck his friend too...on top of it all her aunt just died that night! I feel bad for her father and the man who eventually marries her.
Nov 22 2014 03:32am
I've given plenty stories, I think it's time I note some important values, things and lessons I've learned.

Some physical aspects

--- I was already a great shot before I joined, but once I joined a special operations unit, I was able to learn some of the finer details of shooting, and took what they learn, and now I am probably the best shot I know. I got 127/120 on a live fire moving stress shoot. Emptied all 7 mags in the target with 0 misses. Which consist of standing and shooting, walking and shooting, strafing, or walking side ways shooting, running and shooting, running / walking turning around shooting, all sorts of silly stuff. Expert pistol/rifle. Granted, all Rangers get ridiculous amounts of gun time, so near perfect, if not perfect is to drilled into you constantly be expected on every weapon.

--- Clear rooms, clear rooms, clear rooms. I couldn't even fathom how many times I've cleared rooms and buildings. It's the hot topic in today's wars, so most every military across the globe trains their troops to some degree in rooms clearing. What sets special operation units across the globe apart, is they train constantly on these things day in and day out. That's how 75th Ranger Regiment trains. Constantly, clearing buildings and compounds and shooting until you can clear rooms and distinguish between friendlies and enemies and kill with surgical precision. Comfortable enough where I could easily fit in with any american special operations teams / swat and clear rooms. Granted every unit has their own SOP's (special operating procedures) when it comes to the fine details or clearing rooms, but generally speaking, each person has a way that they must go based on the size / windows / doors / things in the room, and the 1st guy who goes in chooses which way he goes, so the rest of the team reacts off him. With all the variables, usually in darkness with night vision goggles in, all pumped up and ready to go, and your guys start rushing in, whether you're the front or the guy behind, you have to be able to take it all in, process it, react and move all in an instant, and not only can a mistake put your own life in danger, it could be putting innocent civilians in danger, but most importantly, the guys next to you. But, even though you train constantly and even though you'll get it right 10 times in a row, sometimes variables are crazy and you mess up, but it's one of those things where you can still recover and get the job done. It's just not as pretty I suppose.

---Medical training. While I'm no doctor or anything like that, on top of the basic medical training the army gives you, as an army ranger, you do tons and tons of medical training, nothing too crazy, but you get really good at evaluating casualties and determining what kind of injury they may have gotten. You never really know, one second you look over and your boy is passed out not moving, with all the shit going on around and it probably being dark, it's hard to tell what may have happened. You learn about airways, different types of bleeding, arteries, blood pressure, pulse rates, tourniquet tourniquet tourniquet!, tension pneumothorax (basically, stabbing in their side to create an airway to their lung through their ribs because they've probably been shot in the chest or back and can't breathe.), nasal pharyngia, or this tube that you can put in someones nose that goes down their throat and generally creates an airway. (Side note - If you have any military pals and you guys are drinking or something and he says let him put NPA in your nose, don't do it. I mean, perhaps everyone should experience it once, but unless you've got a snahzuer, it sucks ass and hurts. I've done it multiple times and it sucked every time. One particular time, we had done it right around 7am, and I had it done on me as revenge for messing up an IV and spilling his blood everywhere [loooool], and for some reason, that NPA left me with a headache and a weak body all day. Not sure what happened there. You learn to tend to and stuff wounds, make splints, basically all sorts of medical shit that you would actually have to sit around and train for to know and it's really extremely useful in the real world. Generally, you always return fire and make sure it's clear before you do any real medical aid aside from maybe a tourniquet. If the situation calls for it and you're in a safe position to do it, and you've got other people firing at the enemy, you can apply a tourniquet. Better to potentially lose one guy than to lose multiple guys helping one guy. When I was in RASP and we were taking ranger first responder notes (fancy name for the medical certification all army rangers get), they showed us these pictures and the story behind them. A team of marines were crossing a road, one at a time, and the 1st guy got hit by a sniper. So a guy goes out to try to save him, boom, gets hit too, so a third guy goes out to try to get them, boom, down. They eventually get their shit together and clear the sniper. But that's the point - It's better to maintain the safety of everyone first. Your boy, or soon I suppose, girl, will understand. Generally, you always return fire and make sure it's clear before you do any real medical aid aside from maybe a tourniquet. The tourniquet is the most useful, time proven medical device humans have ever came up with. In most cases, a tourniquet will save you from bleeding out of a limb if you are severely bleed or severed an artery. Quick story, which actually happened a couple months ago. A soldier and his wife at Ft. Bragg went drinking at another married soldiers house. They got into an argument and one guy tried to kill the other guy with a machete and ended up cutting his arm realllllly bad. The wife was driving the soldier to the hospital on base and the guy was passed out, losing tons of blood, even the MP gate guard had enough since to put on a tourniquet, which in turn saved the guys life and arm. That MP gate guard probably got an award too. Even though I saved a guys life when the idiot MP's rounded us all up (in one of the above stories) on an old, decrepit dam, and a guy fell 20 feet through a hole that has old rusted, broken, jagged re bar coming from the sides during the descent. At the bottom is old washed up logs, broken beer bottles and various shit from years of partying. The MP froze and I took his flash light, hopped in, swam to the guy and swam him in. As suspected he sustained side injuries. I figured it'd get reported up in an incident report and I'd get a medal. But I didn't. I'd do it any day for anybody. Long story short - Tourniquets are awesome. I keep one in my hiking bag, jeep and gun bag. Bare with me, I'm on a graveyard shift sleep schedule and late at night I get bored and feel like writing. It's good to have some basic medical knowledge. Honestly, they should teach basic medical in schools for children. Imagine the lives it would saves if every year kids are taught some sort of basic medical knowledge in school. All the idiot children who get hurt when by them selves or with their friends away from adults or help. I'm going to push for some some how at some point, I believe it would make a substantial difference and save lives.

--- I jumped out of planes. I'll say that again, I jumped out of planes.

--- I used night vision and other fancy high tech equipment. Some things worth millions of dollars. A small piece of equipment that holds all radio encryptions that you can actually serve jail time for losing because that piece of equipment in the wrong hands could put the lives of tons of people in danger.

--- Extensive training in radios frequencies, air waves, communications and all the commo and high tech side of all the bang bang bang you all love in movies and video games. I actually did the course at the location of swamp phase in Florida for ranger school, which happens to also be my hometown (go vikings)
It was an advanced radio course designed to get in depth knowledge on a plethora of radios, frequencies, cell phones, lap tops, connecting to satellites, building antennas and wires, and wire repair, basically all things any special operator needs to know about radios and electronic shit. At the end of course, there was an extremely huge land navigation course that at each point, and there was 5 or 6, maybe 7 points if I remember, was a test of things you learned at the course. My partner and I were released with the second iteration at 1215am. The entire time you're competing for the best time for an ARCOM (which is a performance award) and bragging rights because you're the fucking best and you're a ranger and ranger specialize at being the best at everything. So friendly competitions are commonplace. Hell they have a military soldering competition called the 'best ranger competition'. Anyways, we started at 1215, and it's a timed event, knowing only that our points covered well over 20 miles, we had a long way to go. We jogged most of it, occasionally walked to drink or eat a part of our 1 mre. This course spans across a giant airstrip, a drop zone, empty fields and woods. The maps weren't exactly the tit for tat with the terrain and we got lost at one point and over shot by a km or so into some deep woods. We only burned about 30 minutes looking for a road, but we got confused because there was a new road, so when were making progress points, that new road wasn't accounted for and caused to severely overshoot. Got to our first station, basically building this piece of equipment that I totally forgot what it does, but it's about the size of a generator. Ran to our next point, which was using that encrypter to encrypt radios, etc. The next couple hours are bor the most part a blur, this event started late thursday night, 12am friday morning, and I had got absolutely shit faced hammered at the gator lounge off yuenglings wednesday night and I was sick all day, vomiting, couldn't hold down a drop of water, nor a bite of the army issue scramble egg. I slept and vomited on and off most of thursday and during the cell phones portion, which was undoubtedly the most tedious and boring portion of this training. The first time I was able to drink or eat anything was about 9pm. I died all day to be able to eat 1 wheat snack bread out an mre 3 hours prior to a 9 hour land nav course. I filled my camelback and only took 1 canteen because I had only brought 1 canteen pouch to fit on my rhodesian (not sure where the name comes from, but it's what we called our kit that didn't use plates), thought I was able to fit a dasani bottle in a mag pouch. and of course I had a dip can in my grenade pouch and actively had a dip in my mouth I'd say roughly 50% of the entire time. I don't *know what it is. I've never smoked a cigarette a day in my life, I dipped here and there in highschool, but didn't pick it up seriously until the army. I can see why people tobacco though. It's one of the things you can look forward to when the rest of everything is shitty. and when stress is over whelming, it removes a layer. I am an avid dipper. I've stopped before just to see if I could stop, and I can, so until a job as a personal body guard requires me to not dip (some companies require their body guard employees take tobacco test frequently to keep their mind as sharp as possible. so you're not thinking about your next cig or dip when you need to be focusing on your environment), or I decide to kick the habit my self. So this entire ordeal is very physically taxing on my body, even a healthy me. But a me, who has very little food in my stomach, dehydrated, hung over and tired, but even though the dip was not helping the situation by any stretch, I still managed to push my self the entire 9 hours and about 21-22 miles of land nav and test. Like I was saying before I got terribly side tract, for the most part 3-7am is a blur because I was tired, dying, my feet hurt, the distance was long and I knew in my mind we weren't even half way done. There was some more tests, and quick water breaks. A lot of the time, I would be running and trying to blind text my ex wife what I was doing. Anything I could do to distract my mind from the pain in the rest of my body. Which is really the key to any physical event that requires pushing your self. Just gotta figure out ways to deal with the pain. It hurts, and it sucks, and you wanna die, but there are no time outs in war. When I did 5 mile timed runs, I would imagine me beating my squad leader up at the boxing competition at ranger rendezvous, which is a yearly gathering of all 3 operational battalions and their are numerous competitions. I am a terrible runner, and I hate it. And this line of work requires A LOT of running all the time and I hated every run we did. Luckily you do enough badass shit to make up for it. The last point, before the 500ish meter run back to the finish point, is assessing, providing aid to, and calling up a 9 line medevac for a casualty and a 100 meter dummy carry to the extraction point. The worst part about this entire fucking thing was, we flew from ft benning ga, to the ranger school camp in florida, and if you've ever been to ranger school, or jumped there, you can personally attest to how shitty that drop zone is. Not only is it uneven, with ditches and roads and shit, it's filled with large shrubbery. Nothing is as bad as hitting asphalt, or a building, but this is about the next worst thing. I landed in this fucking revene at a downward angle, slamming down reallllllly hard down hill and twisting my ankle badly, and was subsequently drug about 30 meters because my chute caught wind and I was slightly discombobulated at first, and when I was what I landing in and the terrible pain that shot through my foot when I hit, I really honestly thought I broke my angle or leg. After about a minute of being drug, realizing what was going on and check my ankle, I disconnected my chute, and though with a terrible limp for a week to come, packed my shoot up, put my ruck on, took my shoot to the truck, we all gathered and did a 3-4 mile walk to the camp. I learned a buttload of valuable information about radios and shit and was really proud of my self for completing that end of course exam like I did.

---operate/licenses multiple 4wheelers, humvee, gmv, dirtbikes, large trucks, regular vehicles, boats, stykers, ride in planes and helicopters. I've gotten to drive almost every type of vehicle that has wheels, short of an 18wheeler, and rode in helicopters as well.

---Most military and law enforcement, etc aren't like how they are portrayed in the movies and shit. From seals, special forces and other units. Chances are you're not going to bruce lee people around, but there is a moderate level of hand to combat training, focusing on takedowns, usually with a weapon, or how to strike and separate. You do learn some useful things that may give you edge in a real world fight or a gun fight. There's a couple ways to quickly disable, or to reverse a hand gun pointed at you in under a second. Positioning of the foot to use the other persons weight to trip them down, just some shit that could help you out in sticky situation, but movies are movies, no one fights like that, ever.

---Situational awareness and a different more eye opening view of things. I also spent time in a long range reconnaissance and surveillance unit, and the main mission of a recon unit is it recon, usually for days at a time, covertly on small teams deep behind enemy lines far away from other units. So both ranger regiment and a recon unit both require a heightened situational awareness to truly complement the natures of the job. And after an advance situational awareness course, that was painfully long and focused on being able to read and interprets peoples body language and change in tone and other subtle body movements. When someone is doing something bad somewhere, if you truly look, you can easily read the uneasiness on their face, the nervousness and all sorts of signs. We reviewed metric fuck tons bf pictures and videos of actual terrorist, or people doing really bad shit, and broke down and analyzed every aspect of it. Some people are really, really casual about lying, and it's slightly harder to detect, but when most people lie, it requires them to actually think about it. Which for the average person causes a certain uneasiness that triggers those nervous habits, ie, grabbing watch / constantly looking at the time, nasal flare, skin may slightly redden around the face, a lot of blinking, fidgeting, tapping, hair pulling. While looking away can signify lying, you can't assume everyone who looks every at some point for a second and looks back is lying. People look away briefly to give the brain a super short break, but long enough to articulate more clearly on a thought. When I walk into a room a building or basically where, my mind instantly asses my immediate surroundings and simultaneously takes in all the people I see, what they look like, what they're wearing, if I look at their face, their facial expression, all possible exit points I can initially see, or suggest exit routes, anything I could use for cover or concealment, or any weapons. I've always been aware of my surroundings, but the military has taught me all the critical and small things to look for. I feel like I use to walk around so innocently, and while 99% of the time it's completely unnecessary in the civilian world, but that one time that your initial assessment of a room may save your or someone elses lives. Long story short - I see things from a very tactical and aware point of view.

This post was edited by sank on Nov 22 2014 03:33am
Nov 22 2014 04:24am
Aside from the awesome skills and knowledge I acquired during my time in the military, I molded into the person I am today mentally and learned many lessons on perspective, life and what it truly means to be in the suck.

---I remember times where I was feeling like quitting because it was too far and too fast or too heavy or some other reason why I was trying to convince my self to quit when I was in selection. Why was I subjecting my self to this legal form of torture on a daily basis. And as the days went on, people started slowly fading away. A lot of people who were there to start, were not there 3 weeks in. Which I was suppose was the worst part. But I knew the moment I completed cole range there was nothing I couldn't do. That shit sucks super bad. We did our 12 mile followed immediately by cole range, and you practically don't stop moving, running, land nav, carrying logs, eachother, doing silly obstacles. The famous 'hit the woodline' during cole range is a ranger rite of passage. Cadre will shout 'hit the woodline' and the whole class is running 400-500 meters away to a woodline, carrying eachother on shoulders like casualties, logs, water cans, mre boxes and other silly shit. You will do it multiple times in a row and you will want to die. After about 6-7 htw's the cadre told us to refill on water. We had already completely drained the water buffalo and we needed water. His response to this? "The water buffalo is empty? hit he woodline!". Yeah, it was rough, at the time it wasn't enjoyable. You can see that look in your friends eyes, the bro I wanna quit look. And then you call him a pussy and you guys laugh it off. Which is actually my next point. But my point with all this is, I was a very successful power lifter and played football practically my whole life. So I've always pushed my self....but being an Army Ranger is no joke and the standards are high for a reason. There was points I had put my body on auto pilot and dove deep into the pits of my soul in order answer why I was doing all this to my self. Because I fucking wanted to. It's a very small group of highly trained alpha males with the primary objective of killing shit. Less than 1% are military. Less than 1% of that are special operations. And 75th RR accounts for only a tiny fraction of that as well. I wanted to complete selection. I wanted to succeed where so many fail. I wanted to learn how to do some of this cool shit and I didn't want to be just regular infantry. In order to do that, I had to push my self past my own known limits. And even after selection I continued to do so. Funny story - My squadleader wanted to destroy me to see if I had worked out while I went on 10 days leave to get my wife and bring our things to our apartment from our home state. So he took us on a 3pm 6 minute mile pace, roughly 2.5-3 mile run, in the middle of august in ga. It was easily over 100 degrees with upper 90 humidity. I had not worked out. And I had ate a shit ton of taco bell and partied a lot on that 10 days leave. I was not prepared for that run in that kinda heat. In the morning, I could have done it. Still would have sucked really badly, but doable. But in that heat, and after a giant lunch consisting of ribs, fish, mash potatoes, potato salad, macaroni, 2 cups water, 2 cups grape juice (still can't eat army fish to this day) I got really hot and sick around half way in, I was nearly throwing up, dry heaving, and my buddies were like cmon lets go, you can do it, so i kept pushing, and I was dying, but my buddy said, if you stop you better have died, and we hit the turn, and I saw the small entrance to the brown fence and I knew that was the end. The very moment we got into the brown fence, I immediately blacked out and woke up about 10 minutes later vomiting with everyone looking at me because I was wobbly and incoherent and hit the ground and started to vomit. But I did not let my self give up until I finished. And that I did. My mind literally turned off to rejuvenate the moment it knew the mission was complete. I also had a 107.6 temperature. Which in most cases would have caused serious / permanent brain damage. Not on me. Just needed to get some fluids and rest and I was fine. I have been extremely conscious about my water intake since then, and I consume an absurd amount of water even to this day because of that. There is a REALLY hilarious story about this....but I'll tell it another time. Basically the military taught me how to dive deep enough to push your self past your known limits.

---I have made some really, awesome close friends while in the military. You share a bond with your boys like no other. When you share your life with someone else, or put it in the hands of someone else, it takes a certain level of trust, and when you can really trust someone, you connect with them on some sort of level, and that usually ends in a really great friendship. While I've always been a fan of having very little best friends, I did acquire tons of good friends from each station I went to, but I acquired a best friend at both places I was stationed at, and even though we're far apart, I still talk to them.

---This one time we ran out of a helicopter into below freezing temperatures into the woods, march 10 k, and lay down in a bush in 10 degree weather for 80 hours straight with 3 other guys as part of a small 4 man long range reconnaissance and surveillance team, walked another 5 km to link up with another team to link up with the main element about 10k away to extract. Higher ups on the radio asking you to plan part of tomorrow nights infil....and they still haven't even figured out how they're going to pick us up yet, and that we're danger low on water, which we ran out of until a resupply later that day while we were sitting around and sleeping waiting for night fall in order to move to the extraction point. That shit sucked. It was so fucking cold, and I had this terrible rash that was spreading all across my body the whole time. Never figured out what it was, but on top literally waking up to ice being on me and sitting in a bush all day for days watching something to walking chest deep through a swamp with a gun and a heavy ass ruck sack after jumping out of a plane and having to ruck for endless more miles carrying eachother, water cans, mre boxes, and having mud and dirt inside your pants in this dreaded heat...I remember the bus ride back from this, I was standing in a school bus type bus, all seats taken with 2 people, people standing up in the middle. I am literally leaning over and sleeping on someone standing because everyone is so tight no one is moving. That ride, and the bus ride leaving cole range, I was sitting this time, but both times, my body was beat down to a pulp, barely operating and desperate needed sleep, and on those 15-20 minute bus rides, I slept so peacefully, so heavily, like I hadn't slept in years. I have slept in the dirt, desert in a wooden shack, in the mud, ice, snow, concrete, grass, ground. I've slept on every shitty service and temperature there is. So now having been humbled with such experiences, it makes the rest of life literally look so easy. I have learned the difference between thinking I'm in the suck, and really being in the suck

---But beside that I've learned to push my self, made close friends and this and that, the most important thing is, even though with many catastrophic life events that I choose to leave out, I still remain the same person I was years ago. I haven't changed. I didn't let women, military, anything change who I was at the core. I've grown wiser with each experience and learned a lot along my journey, and in growing I've matured and my goals seem much more achievable at this point. So always be you. Take time to get to know and learn your self. You are your own most powerful weapon and ally. If you lie to your self, or try to be something you're not, you waste so much effort pretending to be something else. Let go of things outside of your box. Those are things you cannot control, and thus, you must let them take their course around you. The only thing you can truly control is your self, and your actions. Focus into being something better. If you are not happy where you're at, don't be content, push, always push to do the things you want to do in life.

I know I was getting all philosophical and gay, but don't judge me. This is shit I wish was in the blog section when I was 17/18 wanting to be a ranger. I'm gonna write a book one day, so I need to annotate all this shit so I don't forget it. I hope someone reads this shit and is inspired.

Questions, comments, concerns? Feel free to message me or friend me and comment. Aspiring to to join the military and do something that requires you to be more than an obese retard? I'll gladly help you achieve your goal.
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic