d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Incest > Should It Be Against The Law?
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 22,189.49
Jul 13 2014 02:26am
Quote (bitg_pj @ Jul 13 2014 12:24am)
Law does not serve right vs wrong .... Law is a means of controlling society and keeping it cohesive and obedient.

Government is not the boogeyman. Law is not an instrument of oppression, it is the public's interest in setting right against wrong.

Just as much as the publics interest in what is right and wrong is perverted by those who cast it in the illogical lens of contrived philosophical garbage that loses sight of any outcomes in names of a blind adherence to a rule, just as much, are people perverted to subverting the law and its capacity to put right the wrongs when they twist reality to their delusions of oppression and conspiracy by a faceless government- while it is palpably obvious for the case of those who rationalize violent acts in the names of their delusions, whats far more subversive is the enablers, the non-criminals, and their representation in a democratic system. Both are a cancer. There are nuts who think that the only law that should matter in the world is what the founding fathers intended no matter how flawed it is, and there are nuts that think the government is out to get them, and there are nuts that will shoot a few cops as part of their crusade, and there are high functioning nuts who go about their business like everyone else peaceably and vote for nuts in two piece suits to represent them in the nuthouse. What they all have in common is being nuts
Gold: 243,675.50
Jul 13 2014 03:01am
Yes 44.44% (12 votes)

No 55.56% (15 votes)

Still a big taboo i see

Gold: 83.30
Jul 13 2014 03:22am
Honestly incest in and of itself I don't know if I would make it illegal. It wouldn't stop anyone from doing it if they were planning on it... Maybe make it so that the parties involved get free counseling to resolve their issues, because whatever people might say, incest is not a normal occurence within a human houshold. People who bonded at an early age generally don't have sexual attraction towards eachother. I would punish those who are dumb enough to procreate incestually.
Gold: 1,152.00
Jul 13 2014 03:22am
Quote (SageMayne @ Jul 13 2014 04:26am)
If you vote no you are a troll.

Or, you know, we just have a different opinion from you.
Gold: 171.76
Jul 13 2014 06:19am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 13 2014 04:26am)
Government is not the boogeyman. Law is not an instrument of oppression, it is the public's interest in setting right against wrong.

Just as much as the publics interest in what is right and wrong is perverted by those who cast it in the illogical lens of contrived philosophical garbage that loses sight of any outcomes in names of a blind adherence to a rule, just as much, are people perverted to subverting the law and its capacity to put right the wrongs when they twist reality to their delusions of oppression and conspiracy by a faceless government- while it is palpably obvious for the case of those who rationalize violent acts in the names of their delusions, whats far more subversive is the enablers, the non-criminals, and their representation in a democratic system. Both are a cancer. There are nuts who think that the only law that should matter in the world is what the founding fathers intended no matter how flawed it is, and there are nuts that think the government is out to get them, and there are nuts that will shoot a few cops as part of their crusade, and there are high functioning nuts who go about their business like everyone else peaceably and vote for nuts in two piece suits to represent them in the nuthouse. What they all have in common is being nuts

Law is not an instrument of oppression ?

You have a lot of valid points and you are usually great at articulating them .... But before I dump the myriad of ways in which the above statement is wrong I'll give you a chance to retract or clarify it.....

Government is much better than the vacuum left without it ... And it serves or can in some terms serve as a mediation between people who in other terms cannot find common grounds on which to base society .
That said I don't know if I would society current North American government systems are in the peoples best interests .... Apathy has set in , people don't fight for change .... They whine that the government should give it to them ... No one votes .... There's very few people worth voting for running ... The ones that are worth it rarely get any attention because media is privately owned and inflates it's intended targets popularity.

Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 13 2014 06:24am
Quote (bitg_pj @ Jul 13 2014 07:19am)

You have a lot of valid points and you are usually great at articulating them .... But before I dump the myriad of ways in which the above statement is wrong I'll give you a chance to retract or clarify it.....

Government is much better than the vacuum left without it ... And it serves or can in some terms serve as a mediation between people who in other terms cannot find common grounds on which to base society .
That said I don't know if I would society current North American government systems are in the peoples best interests .... Apathy has set in , people don't fight for change .... They whine that the government should give it to them ... No one votes .... There's very few people worth voting for running ... The ones that are worth it rarely get any attention because media is privately owned and inflates it's intended targets popularity.

The people need to rise up and demand more welfare.
Jul 13 2014 06:54am
Quote (bitg_pj @ Jul 13 2014 06:19am)

A deep-seated distrust in government due to persecutory delusions and the opportunistic politicians playing into it? Besides being the formative grounds for the manifesto of the deranged gunmen, that fundamental rejection of modern government is the very wrench that has been thrown into government to hamstring it. Tea party republicans couldn't shut down a government if voters, like you, didn't believe the government is a big bad boogeyman coming to brand them all and wrap them up in fema coffins. The very disbelief in an institution is enough to create a sort of self-fulfilling (and self-reinforcing) prophecy of failure. Stop believing in Cyric and he loses his portfolio too. And high priestess Michele Bachmann quotes the same books as her constituents, make no mistake there.

It is of course, nonsense and utter rubbish. You are not being oppressed. You are not living in a gulag, no secret police are going to drag you away in the middle of the night. You do not know what its like to live under tyranny, and you won't in your lifetime.
Worrying about the rough edges and asking for safeguards against misconduct and corruption and keeping the american train, which is running on the tracks just fine, from derailing- thats not only normal, its responsible.
But being a conspiratorial nutjob who thinks the entire tree is poisoned and the best way forward is to tear up the roots and start again- thats the brattish and delusory impotent flailings of pseudointellectuals, entitled beneficiaries of a system they take for granted.
Gold: 10.01
Jul 13 2014 07:04am
ask a christian

when adam and eve were created there was incest from day 1
Jul 13 2014 07:25am
Quote (Vabbit @ Jul 13 2014 07:04am)
ask a christian

when adam and eve were created there was incest from day 1

But their kids weren't incestuous, Cain and Abel went out and rounded up some of those wives that existed without being descendants of the only 2 human beings because of plot holes an angel could drive his flaming golden flying chariot through
Gold: 6.66
Jul 13 2014 08:34am
illegal, yes
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev156789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll