d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Ask A Christian > No Spam, Flaming, Etc. Etc.
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 410.00
Jun 25 2014 04:48am
Quote (Ylem122 @ Jun 25 2014 05:39am)
you cant be perfect all the time, but more so in their efforts in trying to follow perfectly.  like "give onto ceasar what is ceasars and give unto god what is gods" or what ever the exact passage is, clearly the vast majority of America Christians are not distancing themselves from the state due to the inheriant nature that doing what is best for society and what god requests are often at odds with each other.  this is not a matter of not perfectly following it, but more a matter of not following it at all. the amish on the other hand barely ever partake in voting for elections unless they are local and they have a specific impact on their society, this would be more a matter of not perfectly following it, while still following it.

Id venture to say none as a whole regardless of perfectly or not.

umm...i think we are on the same page. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see that some people outside the Christian religion follow what people call Christian virtues better then most Christians. Ghandi for example...but it's not about being good. It is about being saved by God then growing in relationship and a desire to be more like Christ.
Gold: 655.00
Jun 25 2014 04:53am
Quote (wofire @ Jun 25 2014 06:48am)
umm...i think we are on the same page. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see that some people outside the Christian religion follow what people call Christian virtues better then most Christians. Ghandi for example...but it's not about being good. It is about being saved by God then growing in relationship and a desire to be more like Christ.

Im saying there is perfectly following Christ, there is trying to perfectly follow Christ, and there is ignoring what you don't like about what he said.

none are perfect, few are trying to be perfect, and most are ignoring what they don't like.

if you look to the didache, after the death of Christ, his teachings were that of a finish school for saints, while modern day its more a place for sinners to go on sunday so they don't feel as bad about the week of upcoming sin.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on Jun 25 2014 04:55am
Gold: 11,700.00
Jun 25 2014 04:55am
Quote (wofire @ 25 Jun 2014 09:41)
Hey I would like to open a thread that I can answer, to the best of my ability, questions about the Christian faith from a biblical standpoint. ...

with all respect, this is a discussion forum
while i accept your good intentions
this thread would be better suited to general chat or the christian fellowship forum
Gold: 7,252.72
Jun 25 2014 04:55am
...what church/denomination do you belong to ?
Gold: 655.00
Jun 25 2014 04:59am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jun 25 2014 06:55am)

Good Question.
Jun 25 2014 04:59am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jun 25 2014 05:55am)

I go to Antioch Community Church in Waco. It started from a mission school (similar to YWAM) and is now a large international movement. I would call it non-denominational or charsimatic. I don't believe we are the only church trying our best to live like Christ, but I know as a whole that is our goal.
For those of you who are going to look it up, some may find websites that talk about it being a cult. If you do find websites like that I would love for you to let me know and tell me why people think that way? I have heard the saying...if your church isn't called a cult then it probably isn't being radical enough =p. But hey I am open for questions on that topic too.

This post was edited by wofire on Jun 25 2014 05:01am
Jun 25 2014 05:04am
Quote (Ylem122 @ Jun 25 2014 05:59am)
Good Question.

By the way Ylem I actually rather like your "tenants"...idk where you got them from. I would put "0:Be loved by the God that Created you"
Gold: 7,252.72
Jun 25 2014 05:19am
Quote (wofire @ Jun 25 2014 06:59am)
I go to Antioch Community Church in Waco. It started from a mission school (similar to YWAM) and is now a large international movement. I would call it non-denominational or charsimatic. I don't believe we are the only church trying our best to live like Christ, but I know as a whole that is our goal.
For those of you who are going to look it up, some may find websites that talk about it being a cult. If you do find websites like that I would love for you to let me know and tell me why people think that way? I have heard the saying...if your church isn't called a cult then it probably isn't being radical enough =p. But hey I am open for questions on that topic too.

...I read the churches statement of beliefs and for the most part it is fundamentally solid . I am however very leery of what I consider orchestrated charismatic displays . Good luck with your thread .
Jun 25 2014 05:23am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jun 25 2014 06:19am)
...I read the churches statement of beliefs and for the most part it is fundamentally solid . I am however very leery of what I consider orchestrated charismatic displays . Good luck with your thread .

...define orchestrated Charismatic displays? Our church doesn't do the whole, pastor walks around and causes people to fall out...or dragging someone up to front and healing them in front of everyone. When I say charismatic I mean Yes we do believe in healing, tongues, and prophecy. Each are gifts just as wisdom and boldness are and each should be celebrated just the same. I am also weary of churches that believe in mass falling outs and everyone speaking in tongues...I believe the Bible says not do do that because it will scare off non believers. That being said I don't think a church should hold back teaching/doctrine/prophecy just because there are nonbelievers around.
Gold: 11,700.00
Jun 25 2014 05:34am
Quote (wofire @ 25 Jun 2014 10:59)
I go to Antioch Community Church in Waco. ...

did you just join that denomination/sect/cult/whatever?
or did you just finish training to go out on a proselytising mission?
seems odd that you show up here with your missionary zeal after being almost 8 years on d2jsp
and normally showing quite different interests

This post was edited by brmv on Jun 25 2014 05:34am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123457Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll