d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Ask A Christian > No Spam, Flaming, Etc. Etc.
Prev1234557Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,252.72
Jun 25 2014 05:39am
Quote (brmv @ Jun 25 2014 06:55am)
with all respect, this is a discussion forum
while i accept your good intentions
this thread would be better suited to general chat or the christian fellowship forum

...apparently you are not familiar with these forums . The OP is inviting questions from all including non-believers which precludes using the Christian Fellowship subforum and if it was posted in GC there would be nothing but flaming and insults . This is clearly the correct subforum .
Gold: 655.00
Jun 25 2014 05:45am
Quote (wofire @ Jun 25 2014 07:04am)
By the way Ylem I actually rather like your "tenants"...idk where you got them from. I would put "0:Be loved by the God that Created you"

Thank you.

I have it that way with "the god that created you" so as to allow any one regardless of the god they belive in to follow the way of christ through these tenants. IMO to include being loved by god infers too much about the specific god.

as far as the tenats themselves, i kinda just summed up the first part of the first chapter of the didache.

"There are two ways, one of life and one of death, but a great difference between the two ways. The way of life, then, is this: First, you shall love God who made you[/B]; [B]second, love your neighbor as yourself, and do not do to another what you would not want done to you. And of these sayings the teaching is this: Bless those who curse you, and pray for your enemies, and fast for those who persecute you. For what reward is there for loving those who love you? Do not the Gentiles do the same? But love those who hate you, and you shall not have an enemy."

Gold: 100.00
Jun 25 2014 05:46am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jun 25 2014 05:39am)
...apparently you are not familiar with these forums . The OP is inviting questions from all including non-believers which precludes using the Christian Fellowship subforum and if it was posted in GC there would be nothing but flaming and insults . This is clearly the correct subforum .

Sounds like you want to fight
Gold: 7,252.72
Jun 25 2014 05:50am
Quote (Puls3 @ Jun 25 2014 07:46am)
Sounds like you want to fight

...if by fight you mean argue and if you mean argue with the OP you could not be more wrong . I respect what he is trying to do here .
Gold: 410.00
Jun 25 2014 05:52am
lol I have posted on this forum once or twice. I have been going to that church for 4-5 years now. No i haven't trained to proselytise anymore then I just learn at church, but I am going to do a discipleship school soon. I decided to post on here because 2 years ago I finally began reading the Bible for myself and doing my best to understand it. I enjoy walking through ideas with believers and nonbelievers alike. I don't see how I showed different interest...I am/was a huge videogame fan. I see they waste a lot of time, but I still enjoy them quite a bit.

And please take all things not to do with questions off this topic plz...rather not a "fight" to break out on this.

This post was edited by wofire on Jun 25 2014 05:54am
Gold: 1.50
Jun 25 2014 06:51am
First off, thanks for making this thread!
Not everyone has the ability to be so open about something as closely regarded as ones faith.

Were you indoctrinated into the religion from childhood, or was religion something that drew you in later in life.

What's your highest level of education?
Jun 25 2014 07:13am
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Jun 25 2014 07:51am)
First off, thanks for making this thread!
Not everyone has the ability to be so open about something as closely regarded as ones faith.

Were you indoctrinated into the religion from childhood, or was religion something that drew you in later in life.

What's your highest level of education?

1) you say indoctrinated. .. um sort of. I grew up Christian and I knew about the Bible and such. I say I knew God, such as the Spanish word conocer as in to know a fact. I knew all sorts of facts about the Bible. But when I turned 15 and 16 I began studying it for myself and that's when I began to know God like the Spanish word saber which means to know a person intimately. I would say I didn't get religious until the past few years.
2) although I think Education is irrelevant, I graduated magna cum laude with a degree in biology and am planning to attend med school in the fall of 2015.
Jun 25 2014 07:27am
in fact I'm headed out for the rest of the day. Should be back on in about 8 hours. If you feel your question is too personal to post plz feel free to msg me :) I am also accepting questions that may seem silly but are actually seeking an answer. .. not trolls. :)
Gold: 282,635.50
Jun 25 2014 07:48am
What will happen after death (or what will be god jugement etc..) in those different situations:

to a person who...

1. Believe and practice your religion and succeed being a good person

2. Believe and practice your religion but failed being a good person

3. Don't believe (or just having doubts) and don't practice any religion and succeed being a good person

4. Don't believe (or just having doubts) and don't practice any religion and failed being a good person

"being a good person" is very large but i think i must keep this as simple as possible to get answer to my question.

Gold: 1.50
Jun 25 2014 07:51am
Quote (wofire @ Jun 25 2014 08:13am)
1) you say  indoctrinated. .. um sort of.  I grew up Christian and I knew about the Bible and such.  I say I knew God, such as the Spanish word conocer as in to know a fact. I knew all sorts of facts about the Bible.  But when I turned 15 and 16 I began studying it for myself and that's when I began to know God like the Spanish word saber which means to know a person intimately.  I would say I didn't get religious until the past few years.
2) although I think Education is irrelevant,  I graduated magna cum laude with a degree in biology and am planning to attend med school in the fall of 2015.

Hey that's awesome man!
My sister graduated from Dartmouth with a degree in biology and just finished up med school a few years back! (She's an M.D now in private practice)
Between the actual schooling, and her residency, it's nothing short of a brutal field to get into.
I hope you have a true passion for medicine, you will need it!
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234557Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll