d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How Far Have You To Go For Fresh Produce?
Prev12345610Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 4 2014 02:19pm
Quote (Santara @ Apr 4 2014 03:13pm)
Lol, you're a regular walking non sequitur today aren't you? Do you need a hug?

I think I need a punch to the face. Seriously my death drive has been running at 110% lately.

My bad bro I'm taking stuff out on you :hug:
Gold: 12,730.67
Apr 4 2014 02:30pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 4 2014 12:19pm)
I think I need a punch to the face.  Seriously my death drive has been running at 110% lately.

My bad bro I'm taking stuff out on you  :hug:

We don't punch people in the face just for making comments or walking behind someone in the evening.
Gold: 8,933.00
Apr 4 2014 02:34pm
Quote (thundercock @ Apr 4 2014 03:30pm)
We don't punch people in the face just for making comments or walking behind someone in the evening.

Or eating Skittles.
Gold: 11,700.00
Apr 4 2014 02:49pm
Quote (dark-soul @ 4 Apr 2014 06:57)
I live a few miles from a Whole Foods Market so i'm good. There are also other grocery stores around me that sell everything as well.

and i assume you have good transportation, so no problem to bring some bulk back from that whole foods market

Quote (TeaRs- @ 4 Apr 2014 07:28)
i grow my own stuff in my backyard, and there is a farmers market like a mile away during the summertime

that's laudable and if people living in those 'food deserts' would grow some produce themselves they could make a (minor) dent into the lack of accessibility
giving them an incentive to perhaps grow some in communal space might help

Quote (cambovenzi @ 4 Apr 2014 08:05)
Yeah it doesn't seem like much of an issue.
Its not really a lack of stores.

if you had read the article linked there is an issue, namely
a lack of produce diversity/availability in the majority of stores in those 'food deserts'
and a lack of transportation for many people living there

Quote (BardOfXiix @ 4 Apr 2014 08:31)
10-15 minute walk from where I live.  So between a half mile and a mile.

do you carry all your shopping from there or do you use a car (or other transport) for some?

Quote (Gastly @ 4 Apr 2014 14:15)
less than two miles, less than twenty meters for most of them
living in the countryside has its' advantages
that's the problem. Libertarians are so insane and/or inane in their views that Poe's law often comes to play

depending where you live in the countryside accessibility to a diverse food range can be difficult
but (nearly) all people living in the countryside have the necessary transport available to remove that problem

and don't you love it to be called eurotrash by ameriscum? it becomes a medal of honour

also wondering why the people discussing agricultural policy and general food availability here
there is no problem (as far as i know) with food supply/diversity in the usa in general
but lack of accessibility to essential parts of the selection for people in poorer neighbourhoods
Gold: 287,660.50
Apr 4 2014 02:51pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Apr 4 2014 10:21am)
...I grow all my own fruits and vegetables , slaughter and butcher my own meat and poultry  , catch my own fish in the stream out back , churn my own butter , make my own beer and wine and even have a moonshine still hidden in the woods .

very nice, how do you get time to achieve this ? no kids, not working ? or maybe some community ? or you have servants ?

Gold: 12,730.67
Apr 4 2014 03:10pm
Quote (2sexy4u @ Apr 4 2014 12:51pm)
very nice, how do you get time to achieve this ? no kids, not working ? or maybe some community ? or you have servants ?

He has a few African American servants who live on his premise to do things for him. It's a pretty common thing in America. Don't you guys have something like that?
Gold: Locked
Apr 4 2014 03:38pm
Quote (brmv @ Apr 4 2014 01:49pm)
do you carry all your shopping from there or do you use a car (or other transport) for some?

I walk everywhere.
Gold: 7,525.35
Apr 4 2014 05:41pm
Quote (brmv @ Apr 4 2014 04:49pm)
and i assume you have good transportation, so no problem to bring some bulk back from that whole foods market

that's laudable and if people living in those 'food deserts' would grow some produce themselves they could make a (minor) dent into the lack of accessibility
giving them an incentive to perhaps grow some in communal space might help

if you had read the article linked there is an issue, namely
a lack of produce diversity/availability in the majority of stores in those 'food deserts'
and a lack of transportation for many people living there

depending where you live in the countryside accessibility to a diverse food range can be difficult
but (nearly) all people living in the countryside have the necessary transport available to remove that problem

and don't you love it to be called eurotrash by ameriscum? it becomes a medal of honour

also wondering why the people discussing agricultural policy and general food availability here
there is no problem (as far as i know) with food supply/diversity in the usa in general
but lack of accessibility to essential parts of the selection for people in poorer neighbourhoods

I read the article. Calling it a "food desert" doesn't mean that it is.
Its just sensationalist trash.
Gold: 287,660.50
Apr 4 2014 08:24pm
Quote (thundercock @ Apr 4 2014 05:10pm)
He has a few African American servants who live on his premise to do things for him. It's a pretty common thing in America. Don't you guys have something like that?

all i see atm is White Americans serving an African American

Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Apr 4 2014 08:31pm
Quote (brmv @ Apr 4 2014 11:49pm)

it's just the Finnish perspective. most markets would have fresh fish, meat and so on available in the capital region as well. i only counted the ones i could get from local farmsteads.

Quote (brmv @ Apr 4 2014 11:49pm)

i don't care that much, it's just 'Murricans being 'Murricans. kind of like if monkeys throw their faeces around - it's just monkeys being monkeys. :lol:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345610Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll