d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Culinary Arts > Do You Even Craft Beer ?
Prev167891072Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,158.00
Feb 20 2014 12:03pm
Just got some Founders Imperial Stout. Id get it again, not my favorite though. KBS is soo close!
Gold: 1,952.49
Feb 23 2014 10:06pm
Quote (Awrf @ Feb 20 2014 12:03pm)
Just got some Founders Imperial Stout. Id get it again, not my favorite though. KBS is soo close!

I am excited about KBS too. I am going to do a mini vertical with them. I've got 4 bottles from the past 4 releases so it will be fun to do a side by side of all 5 when the next batch gets released. KBS is good stuff.
Feb 24 2014 11:12pm
Quote (tturaiders @ Feb 23 2014 11:06pm)
I am excited about KBS too.  I am going to do a mini vertical with them.  I've got 4 bottles from the past 4 releases so it will be fun to do a side by side of all 5 when the next batch gets released.  KBS is good stuff.

Thats awesome. I've unfortunately never tried it before, I tried hard last year to get it but couldnt. That stuff is so hard to get, and I live relatively close..
Feb 25 2014 04:27pm
Quote (Awrf @ Feb 24 2014 11:12pm)
Thats awesome. I've unfortunately never tried it before, I tried hard last year to get it but couldnt. That stuff is so hard to get, and I live relatively close..

Maybe with the new release format this year, you can get your hands on one of those tickets. I am jealous if you do! I'll probably trade for a few bottles at some point but I'd love to be at the brewery on one of the release days.
Feb 25 2014 05:48pm
Quote (tturaiders @ Feb 25 2014 05:27pm)
Maybe with the new release format this year, you can get your hands on one of those tickets.  I am jealous if you do!  I'll probably trade for a few bottles at some point but I'd love to be at the brewery on one of the release days.

I live about 2-3 hours from the brewery and am really considering making a little road trip... I can buy 2 4 packs if i go there too!
Gold: 120.00
Feb 25 2014 07:07pm
Currently enjoying a weyerbachur tiny. Belgium style imperial stout..

It is intense. My god 11 %
Gold: 388.00
Feb 28 2014 01:01pm
I haven't read through the pages yet, but i will. i'm a dark drinker only, with the exception of blue moon.

some of my go to's:
AleSmith Speedway Stout
Firestone Walker Smoked Porter
Stone Russian Imperial Stout ( i drink R.I.S. type the most )
Lost Abby Judgement Day

like i said, darks only. so stout, porter, imperial stout, and r.i.s. ( imperial stout and r.i.s. drink the most ). at parties i drink either guinness, or blue moon, or sometimes an eclipes aka black amd blue / black and tan ( half guinness on bottom, half blue moon on top ).

with any of my beers, it's usually burgers, wings or pizza. though i can't do pizza with stout, that's when i whip out spiced ales.

edit: i guess i shouldn't say i ONLY drink darks, i do enjoy spiced ales, wheats, etc... but only on occasion. some other stuff i like time to time is an oatmeal stout, chocolate stout, and stouts with rasins usually all a good flavor :)

Quote (Surfpunk @ Oct 30 2013 11:59am)
If you like Southern Tier, try their Warlock, which is a pumpkin Imperial stout. That has become my favorite beer, surpassing Surly Darkness, and that's a no small feat.

I'm a fan of Surly, Southern Tier, Lagunitas, Dogfish Head, and Indeed, among others.

ooo imma try that. i love pumpkin spiced beers for the lighter side ( pumpkin spiced ale, drink every fall ) but i have not tried a stout pumpkin.

anyone ever have the game of thrones beer? i thought i was gonna hate the black liqourish, but it played out fairly.

This post was edited by Bankai on Feb 28 2014 01:24pm
Gold: 4.05
Mar 1 2014 12:49am
Actually I do.
Gold: 9,039.20
Mar 1 2014 09:45pm
Yes, all the time, while I stalk d2jsp posters.
Mar 4 2014 03:03pm
Quote (Bankai @ Feb 28 2014 01:01pm)
I haven't read through the pages yet, but i will. i'm a dark drinker only, with the exception of blue moon.

some of my go to's:
AleSmith Speedway Stout
Firestone Walker Smoked Porter
Stone Russian Imperial Stout ( i drink R.I.S. type the most )
Lost Abby Judgement Day

like i said, darks only. so stout, porter, imperial stout, and r.i.s. ( imperial stout and r.i.s. drink the most ). at parties i drink either guinness, or blue moon, or sometimes an eclipes aka black amd blue / black and tan ( half guinness on bottom, half blue moon on top ).

with any of my beers, it's usually burgers, wings or pizza. though i can't do pizza with stout, that's when i whip out spiced ales.

edit: i guess i shouldn't say i ONLY drink darks, i do enjoy spiced ales, wheats, etc... but only on occasion. some other stuff i like time to time is an oatmeal stout, chocolate stout, and stouts with rasins usually all a good flavor :)

ooo imma try that. i love pumpkin spiced beers for the lighter side ( pumpkin spiced ale, drink every fall ) but i have not tried a stout pumpkin.

anyone ever have the game of thrones beer? i thought i was gonna hate the black liqourish, but it played out fairly.

If you have access to Southern Tier and want a sweet stout, almost dessert-like, give their Creme Brulee a shot. It's really sweet but for an after dinner beer, it works really nicely.
Since you really enjoy dark beers, what is your go to during the warmer months? Do you have a good stout/porter for warm weather or do you switch it up?

I am going to crack a barrel-aged Hibernation tonight (4 years old). I had a 2 year vintage earlier this year so I'll see how this one compares.
Go Back To Culinary Arts Topic List
Prev167891072Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll