d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Skiller App
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 81,680.73
Aug 31 2013 10:06am
Great points made Malte.

If Paul was to go mobile, the decision to move away from flash would have to be weighed. I don't see that happening given the current state of effort and interaction from the "dev team"

I can say that if this game was to go to mobile and be introduced to the play/app stores, the population would increase more than we have ever seen. Mobility and mobile devices are not going away. I'm playing a game on android now (Andors Trail) that has daily interaction from the creator and dev team, welcomes user input and actually allows the playerbase to participate in development discussions and drive change. I wish every online game operated in this fashion, LS included.

I keep coming back here in hopes of a massive overhaul but it seems to go in a "downward spiral" direction instead. If I could play this game fully on a mobile, I would and enjoy it as I once did. My phone is with me always, but my pc and laptop are hardly used currently. Its my choice, but flexibility and diversity are good things, no?
Gold: 0.69
Aug 31 2013 10:09am
He jsut do some minor changes time to time to show he's still alive, but doesn't care, he is aware is game is dead so why would he invest so much time in it?
Gold: 81,680.73
Aug 31 2013 10:45am
Quote (TiMasse @ Aug 31 2013 12:09pm)
He jsut do some minor changes time to time to show he's still alive, but doesn't care, he is aware is game is dead so why would he invest so much time in it?

People often invest time, money, blood, sweat and tears into the things they truly love and care about. It happened in the past, but things change, and things could change again in the future. Right now he lack of desire is pretty obvious to everyone, but it wasn't always this way.

$0.02
Gold: 7,197.77
Warn: 10%
Sep 1 2013 05:46am
Quote (jlhromeo @ Aug 31 2013 06:06pm)
Great points made Malte. 

If Paul was to go mobile, the decision to move away from flash would have to be weighed.  I don't see that happening given the current state of effort and interaction from the "dev team"

I can say that if this game was to go to mobile and be introduced to the play/app stores, the population would increase more than we have ever seen.  Mobility and mobile devices are not going away.  I'm playing a game on android now (Andors Trail) that has daily interaction from the creator and dev team, welcomes user input and actually allows the playerbase to participate in development discussions and drive change.  I wish every online game operated in this fashion, LS included.

I keep coming back here in hopes of a massive overhaul but it seems to go in a "downward spiral" direction instead.  If I could play this game fully on a mobile, I would and enjoy it as I once did.  My phone is with me always, but my pc and laptop are hardly used currently.  Its my choice, but flexibility and diversity are good things, no?

I couldn't agree more with you mate!

Its an extremely fast growing market because we have the demand for it and this is going to rise even more.
As industries know that it gets developed regularly and there are plenty new products, programs and all.
And of course, hence more possibilities for the user which make it a lot more enjoyable and effective.

Along with smarthphones/tablets we had that huge rise of social media with facebooks and such, too.
People just like to express themselves, have a community spirit with their friends and make new friends.
Which is an important factor for the developement of games as well ultimately.

I guess due to the technical possibilities mobility has just become a major factor because its so flexible.
Why sit at the computer when i have internet, books, games, videos, or text working with me anywhere on the tablet/phone.
wether that may be in the garden on wifi or just anywhere in the train or so with mobile web?

Its exactly what you said. Most of the games work well because they meet the communities expectations and wishes.
Companies are doing very expensive and broad research because they want to find out what the people want.
The best and most simple way to meet those is still just to listen to them and have them a say.

We used to have that here in the early days as we also discussed in my suggestion topic.
Community and developer were extremely close and the result was a flourishing, enjoyable game!
However, that changed and this path was left and led us to the situation we have here today: An almost dead game.
So many people keep repeating themselves: Its just so sad because there is so much potential in it...

I feel the very same, i keep coming and hoping that there is a change and that we reached the bottom of the valley finally.
But then over the past years, i always had to find out that it can go even lower than we have been before.
At some point the limit is going to be reached because there is no one left at all then...

I just hope that the turnaround is done before that point, because at some point a return is just not possible any more because its too late.
It will be very hard already to gain back all the people that sold their gear and turned their back on the game already.
But there are so many who still have it and keep peeking in here hoping for a sign of life again!
Gold: 7,798.12
Sep 3 2013 06:13pm
Quote (NaRa @ Sep 1 2013 06:46am)
I couldn't agree more with you mate!

Its an extremely fast growing market because we have the demand for it and this is going to rise even more.
As industries know that it gets developed regularly and there are plenty new products, programs and all.
And of course, hence more possibilities for the user which make it a lot more enjoyable and effective.

Along with smarthphones/tablets we had that huge rise of social media with facebooks and such, too.
People just like to express themselves, have a community spirit with their friends and make new friends.
Which is an important factor for the developement of games as well ultimately.

I guess due to the technical possibilities mobility has just become a major factor because its so flexible.
Why sit at the computer when i have internet, books, games, videos, or text working with me anywhere on the tablet/phone.
wether that may be in the garden on wifi or just anywhere in the train or so with mobile web?

Its exactly what you said. Most of the games work well because they meet the communities expectations and wishes.
Companies are doing very expensive and broad research because they want to find out what the people want.
The best and most simple way to meet those is still just to listen to them and have them a say.

We used to have that here in the early days as we also discussed in my suggestion topic.
Community and developer were extremely close and the result was a flourishing, enjoyable game!
However, that changed and this path was left and led us to the situation we have here today: An almost dead game.
So many people keep repeating themselves: Its just so sad because there is so much potential in it...

I feel the very same, i keep coming and hoping that there is a change and that we reached the bottom of the valley finally.
But then over the past years, i always had to find out that it can go even lower than we have been before.
At some point the limit is going to be reached because there is no one left at all then...

I just hope that the turnaround is done before that point, because at some point a return is just not possible any more because its too late.
It will be very hard already to gain back all the people that sold their gear and turned their back on the game already.
But there are so many who still have it and keep peeking in here hoping for a sign of life again!

Quote (jlhromeo @ Aug 31 2013 11:06am)
Great points made Malte. 

If Paul was to go mobile, the decision to move away from flash would have to be weighed.  I don't see that happening given the current state of effort and interaction from the "dev team"

I can say that if this game was to go to mobile and be introduced to the play/app stores, the population would increase more than we have ever seen.  Mobility and mobile devices are not going away.  I'm playing a game on android now (Andors Trail) that has daily interaction from the creator and dev team, welcomes user input and actually allows the playerbase to participate in development discussions and drive change.  I wish every online game operated in this fashion, LS included.

I keep coming back here in hopes of a massive overhaul but it seems to go in a "downward spiral" direction instead.  If I could play this game fully on a mobile, I would and enjoy it as I once did.  My phone is with me always, but my pc and laptop are hardly used currently.  Its my choice, but flexibility and diversity are good things, no?

Nicely said guys. I voted yes because it might be helpful to others. Of course, Paul would really need to think about going down this route, but surely it would bring more players to the game and community...as well as offers new/existing members with another form for playing the game. Smartphones and social networking have been on the rise for awhile now, and it'll continue to grow even bigger.

This post was edited by Brainwashed on Sep 3 2013 06:15pm
Gold: 27.91
Sep 5 2013 08:57pm
John you are a genius. Yes.
Gold: 1,250.46
Sep 9 2013 09:27am
won't ever happen. paul wants everyone to be a member of d2jsp.org in order to play and that is too much to ask of a casual app gamer. I can play 2000 free games that have no additional sign up that play smoother and just look nicer and are far more addictive than ladder slasher. Why would anyone go out of their way to download an unknown game app that requires you to jump through additional hoops to begin playing. he flat out said he would never drop the d2jsp.org membership requirement to play.
with that being said, there is no audience to develop for. even the core members of this forum have all but completely abandoned this game.

if you want to play mobile. download puffin browser or one of those remote desktop apps and play... or at least try to play.

This post was edited by cardoors32 on Sep 9 2013 09:55am
Gold: 4,018.08
Sep 9 2013 10:07am
Quote (jlhromeo @ Aug 31 2013 04:06pm)
... daily interaction from the creator and dev team, welcomes user input and actually allows the playerbase to participate in development discussions and drive change...?

summes up everything LS Needs
Gold: 121,521.37
Sep 9 2013 10:17am
better luck of getting flash on iphone than getting this game as an app
Gold: 0.00
Sep 17 2013 08:54pm
maybe with the new jsp changes this will be possible?
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll