d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Skiller App
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3,171.33
Aug 30 2013 02:47pm
Don't you play enough at "work"?
Gold: 61,235.62
Aug 30 2013 03:50pm
Yes ofc. It does work on some phones but it's so small sometimes and its so hard to select and drag items sometimes if your screen isn't big enough.
Gold: 51.35
Aug 30 2013 04:02pm
This is only a dream... :(
Gold: 350,525.72
Aug 30 2013 04:25pm
Ofc yes but won't happen
Gold: 81,680.73
Aug 30 2013 04:46pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Aug 30 2013 02:42pm)
U can do this on pretty much every phone except iphones
since iphone doesnt support flash, but there are few browswes u can use to be able if im not wrong.

But yes, a app for this would be cool, but i dont think that paul knows anything about making apps to phones ;P

Not easily. Flash is becoming obsolete, and it takes a lot of screwing around to get it to work on newer models. My stock S3 did not support it, and it took a bit of tinkering to get the stock browser (or Firefox/Opera/etc) to even recognize the LS login page, let alone try to do anything with it. Sure it works, but it's clunky and whether it's worth doing is a matter of opinion.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/06/29/adobe-will-not-support-flash-on-android-4-1-unsupported-devices-wont-be-able-to-download-it-from-the-play-store-after-august-15th/

Flash is sadly dying, which I hate to see. Lots of nice flash apps exist on the web, LS being one of them.

Voted yes but I don't see it happening.
Gold: 6.60
Aug 30 2013 05:50pm
No apps are not needed for this game. You think he's gonna post money to produce and out an app out for a game with 4o players. What a joke.

This post was edited by SmokeyMcPot1990 on Aug 30 2013 05:50pm
Gold: 8.00
Aug 30 2013 06:02pm
Quote (SmokeyMcPot1990 @ 30 Aug 2013 17:50)
No apps are not needed for this game. You think he's gonna post money to produce and out an app out for a game with 4o players. What a joke.

hes got a point tho
Gold: 7,197.77
Warn: 10%
Aug 31 2013 12:19am
I like the idea in general to support ls on other devices than the computer.
We have the demand here among the ( now really small ) community and it opens the gate to a HUGE player base on phones, tablets etc.

As games are rated on google market, a nice game can become extremely popular and be played by thousands.
The question arises though, if this game would work with such a huge player base.

Quote (RistVaLL @ Aug 30 2013 08:42pm)
U can do this on pretty much every phone except iphones
since iphone doesnt support flash, but there are few browswes u can use to be able if im not wrong.

But yes, a app for this would be cool, but i dont think that paul knows anything about making apps to phones ;P

Yes exactly, thats the problem many ppl with iphones have. LS requires flash to be played.

Ladder Slasher is a free RPG game that you can play in your web browser, or any Flash 8 capable device.

I dont have an iphone myself and i dont know if there are legal ways to get flash on an iphone, too, though, so at this point most iphone users wont be able to use it.
I doubt apple will change that, as flash is becoming more and more obsolete and thus there is no need for them to work on that.

Quote (jlhromeo @ Aug 31 2013 12:46am)
Not easily.  Flash is becoming obsolete, and it takes a lot of screwing around to get it to work on newer models.  My stock S3 did not support it, and it took a bit of tinkering to get the stock browser (or Firefox/Opera/etc) to even recognize the LS login page, let alone try to do anything with it.  Sure it works, but it's clunky and whether it's worth doing is a matter of opinion.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/06/29/adobe-will-not-support-flash-on-android-4-1-unsupported-devices-wont-be-able-to-download-it-from-the-play-store-after-august-15th/

Flash is sadly dying, which I hate to see.  Lots of nice flash apps exist on the web, LS being one of them.

Voted yes but I don't see it happening.

Thats the next problem for most of the android users as well with more or less new software versions.
Flash isnt supported on them any either more and without it, LS cant be played just like on the iphones.

I guess right now we are in a kind of transitional period, but there will be more and other replacements for flash in the future.
That doesnt change the problem with flash based games for instance. Im not an expert, but i dont know if its so easy
to transfer a flash game to some other method without changing the entire code and rewriting the game.
Right now, flash is dying out slowly, just like this game unfortunately.

( On that note, i doubt right now there will be such a huge effort for such an empty game anyway. Nothing happened for ages)

I had the problem myself, for now there is a solution for that:

Its possible to install an older flash version from the adobe homepage directly without google market.
you have to allow such sources on the android settings before you download and install it.

It works for me and i can play ls on my phone and tablet now. The other questions is, as stated already, if that is worth the effort?
Here is an old thread which explains it for those who want it:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65225281&f=272

But keep in mind: The game is NOT created for such use. Especially on phones its really small and the scrolling is a hassle.
You wont be able to cata as you cant use hotkeys and driving really well. ( ofc you could connect a mouse or keyboard... but then u could just use a laptop, too )

Skilling works well for me on the tablet, that was the exact reason why i took the trouble to get it working...
In such times when i cant find groups to climb i love to just sit on the couch and do some glyphing on the tablet!
As soon as it comes to writing, climbing or putting items on market... its way too much effort to use the tablet.

It would be awesome if there was a resolution button or even an update especially for phones or tablets,
e.g. with special buttons on the screen for driving or hotkeys, but i doubt that is going to happen.

Im sure it would bring a LOT players into the game, especially casual phone users and such which opens a lot possibilities.
but then again right now we need a lot other balance updates and new challenges on the game itself to make it more enjoyable again,
which have a lot more priority. but how long have we been waiting for something and nothing happened?

This post was edited by NaRa on Aug 31 2013 12:19am
Gold: 220,249.36
Aug 31 2013 05:51am
I would love to see that! Fishing time in between lecture... Walking around campus... Long road trips!

I would lose my life to this game yet again
Gold: 30,363.04
Aug 31 2013 08:56am
yes, but a oneman advice resistant developing team wont be able to do that...
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll