d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1182918301831183218335001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 19 2018 10:08pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ 20 Mar 2018 04:09)
Believe it or not the average person world wide could not care less about guns, i doubt banning gun nuts would have a huge effect on facebook besides a short term share price drop.

probably not, but the banned pro gun folks could easily establish a social network of their own that is able to sustain itself.

this might or might not have a large impact on facebook at first. but it would undermine their monopoly, it would create a competitor to which facebook could and would be compared. in the long run, the existence of this rival would drastically increase the risks for facebook. it's pure existence would already eat into facebook's "we majorly fucked something up, but are still fine"-cushion.
Gold: 1.93
Mar 19 2018 10:10pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 20 2018 03:08pm)
probably not, but the banned pro gun folks could easily establish a social network of their own that is able to sustain itself.

this might or might not have a large impact on facebook at first. but it would undermine their monopoly, it would create a competitor to which facebook could and would be compared. in the long run, the existence of this rival would drastically increase the risks for facebook. it's pure existence would already eat into facebook's "we majorly fucked something up, but are still fine"-cushion.

Facebook killed myspace which had a far larger population than just gun nuts, and even tom is on facebook now.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Mar 19 2018 10:10pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 19 2018 08:08pm)

D2jsp is about to become big
Mar 19 2018 10:47pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 20 Mar 2018 00:42)
Damn, that's unfortunate. Kind of sucks to know when exiting this earth, you'll have pedophilia in your d2jsp warn log

Sorry for your loss

I do too.

It's marked 'flaming/paedophilia' but it's actually for a hilarious poem I wrote about widow depicting him chatting up a 16 y/o online while jackin' it. Not even illegal here in the UK I believe. 16 was age of consent last time I checked. Not that I plan on shagging anyone who's age ends in 'teen', or anyone other than my gf actually, so I haven't checked to see if there's been any changes in the law over the last few years..

That was January 2015. Haven't had any warn since it got removed in April of the same yr.

Mods round here are all over the place tbh though. You could literally get your account disabled for saying dinosaurs were real or you can call someone a kiddy fiddling cuntnugget and threaten to kill them and get no action taken at all.

Definitely a right wing and religious bias but in general it's just luck of the draw which mod reviews your case.

e/ or if one reviews it at all.

This post was edited by Scaly on Mar 19 2018 10:59pm
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 19 2018 11:00pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ 20 Mar 2018 05:10)
Facebook killed myspace which had a far larger population than just gun nuts, and even tom is on facebook now.

facebook was a welcoming place to all myspacers, it didnt actively kick them out and it hadnt been politicized back then.
Gold: 90.58
Mar 19 2018 11:15pm
Quote (Scaly @ Mar 19 2018 08:47pm)
I do too.

It's marked 'flaming/paedophilia' but it's actually for a hilarious poem I wrote about widow depicting him chatting up a 16 y/o online while jackin' it. Not even illegal here in the UK I believe. 16 was age of consent last time I checked. Not that I plan on shagging anyone who's age ends in 'teen', or anyone other than my gf actually, so I haven't checked to see if there's been any changes in the law over the last few years..

That was January 2015. Haven't had any warn since it got removed in April of the same yr.

Mods round here are all over the place tbh though. You could literally get your account disabled for saying dinosaurs were real or you can call someone a kiddy fiddling cuntnugget and threaten to kill them and get no action taken at all.

Definitely a right wing and religious bias but in general it's just luck of the draw which mod reviews your case.

e/ or if one reviews it at all.

They are probably going by US law / moderator discretion. Which I mean, if you have seen some of the stuff I've posted here in the Path of Exile forum (7-11 months ago), engaging with a user who issued fraudulent chargebacks against a game company.. I'd say the moderation is pretty tolerant compared to any other forum I've posted on.

Other forums would suspend / ban instantly. Especially just by getting under someone's skin, or being extremely passive aggressive / rude. You can be as rude as you want on this forum and if you don't direct flame, you will be ok (my experience anyway).

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Mar 19 2018 11:15pm
Mar 19 2018 11:19pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 20 Mar 2018 05:15)
They are probably going by US law / moderator discretion. Which I mean, if you have seen some of the stuff I've posted here in the Path of Exile forum (7-11 months ago), engaging with a user who issued fraudulent chargebacks against a game company.. I'd say the moderation is pretty tolerant compared to any other forum I've posted on.

Other forums would suspend / ban instantly. Especially just by getting under someone's skin, or being extremely passive aggressive / rude. You can be as rude as you want on this forum and if you don't direct flame, you will be ok (my experience anyway).

Well you're right wing and I believe Christian too so you're one of the privileged class round here.
Mar 19 2018 11:22pm
Quote (Scaly @ Mar 19 2018 09:19pm)
Well you're right wing and I believe Christian too so you're one of the privileged class round here.

Ha. I don't know what I am anymore man. Faith is slowly fading away it seems
Mar 19 2018 11:24pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 20 Mar 2018 05:22)
Ha. I don't know what I am anymore man. Faith is slowly fading away it seems

Happens as you start applying critical thought to your beliefs.
Hope you have supportive and understanding friends and arent surrounded by hardline fundamentalists.
Mar 19 2018 11:33pm
Quote (Scaly @ Mar 19 2018 09:24pm)
Happens as you start applying critical thought to your beliefs.
Hope you have supportive and understanding friends and arent surrounded by hardline fundamentalists.

Well, got anymore of those friends? Not sure where they all went after highschool/college. I would really like a reset. XP outside needs to be nerfed and resistances are bit too high. Major bug fixes that need to be fixed as well
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1182918301831183218335001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll