d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Legit Dueling > Z V Z Ladder > East Ladder Season 7
Prev136373839Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 2,607.09
Mar 10 2011 11:43am

gds
Gold: 33,236.41
Gold: 212.00
Mar 10 2011 12:14pm
CURRENT ROSTER

#1 AngryDiana (Bow / Fury) / *Habakkuk / Habakkuk22@jsp

#2 Lulu (Bow / Fury) / *Aesthetics / aspirations@jsp

#3 HeroinFiend (Cs) / *Tmj / 420hero@Jsp

#4 Twiztid_Java (CS / Fury) / *Twiztid_Balls / twiztidballz@jsp

#5 Afternoon (Bow / Fury/Plague) /*LynxPvP / TheLynx@jsp

#6 TeleCs (Cs) / *J0nk. / Alpha@jsp

#7 iLLSiCK (Cs) /*Dougiealldayson / HomieSlice420@jsp

#8 PowerHouse-Zon (Hybrid) / *Cas89 / Cas89@jsp

CHALLENGES:

#8 PowerHouse-Zon (Hybrid) / *Cas89 / Cas89@jsp challenges #7 iLLSiCK (Cs) /*Dougiealldayson /HomieSlice420@jsp[/CENTER

[CENTER]DODGES:

twiztid_java(cs-fury) / *twiztid_balls / twiztidballz@jsp = 1

iLLSiCK(cs zon) /*Dougiealldayson / homieslice420@jsp= 1

HOLD:

- none as of now -

NOTES:

Rember:If you are a CS zon wearing Enigma, you must use the same amount of run/walk or less against other zons who are not using Enigma.
Slow Target % is now entirely illegal as stated in the original ruling.
Bit of advise vs CS, WSGing for desynch is key. We well tested this and I see this fit as well and balanced ruling. Let me know if anyone disputes this.

There is now a new Challenge Rule:
If you are placed into HOLD status for any reason, you may immediately challenge anyone up to the rank of your previous position to reclaim a spot in the ladder.
If you win, you claim the spot and everyone under you is bumped down 1 position.
If you lose, you will be bumped down 2 slots bellow the rank you challenged as if that person beat you in a normal challenge and your ladder progression will resume as normal from that point forward.

my win 5-4, very good duels Host
took back my spot finally then ^^
I'll also be signing up for the bowa ladder, see you soon

This post was edited by Habakkuk22 on Mar 10 2011 12:27pm
Mar 10 2011 12:17pm
imma challenge u habu, just gonna wait til tomorrow so that i got full weekend to try to meet up with u
Mar 10 2011 01:25pm
FINAL RANKINGS

#2 Host (Plague / Hybrid)/ *God/ Nightmares@jsp

#3 Lulu (Bow / Fury) / *Aesthetics / aspirations@jsp

#4 HeroinFiend (Cs) / *Tmj / 420hero@Jsp

#5 Twiztid_Java (CS / Fury) / *Twiztid_Balls / twiztidballz@jsp

#6 Afternoon (Bow / Fury/Plague) /*LynxPvP / TheLynx@jsp

#7 TeleCs (Cs) / *J0nk. / Alpha@jsp

#8 iLLSiCK (Cs) /*Dougiealldayson / HomieSlice420@jsp

#9 PowerHouse-Zon (Hybrid) / *Cas89 / Cas89@jsp

That's it guys! Thank you for the trial run providing an (All Zon vs All Zon) community.
During this intriguing exhibition we learned that Bowa vs CS is something that should only be happening on an All Class vs All Class ladder.
Here is why: Traditional ZvZ is supposed to be a test of accuracy and interprutation of your opponents movements *all at range*
Employing the use of CS completely destroys the classic dynamic of a ZvZ Ladder. (Which the classic dynamic is what we desired)

Upon this revelation that mixing CS with Bowa is just not working out for a ZvZ Ladder, this ladder has become incredibly inactive.
The only active players are all Bowas and thus a new Traditional ZvZ Ladder has been created.
You can find the link to this new Classic ZvZ here if you are interested in joining it: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=52592420&f=147&o=0#p352735602

I truley apologize specifically to Alpha and 420hero for ending this before either of you had a final challenge against me.
I will still offer 1x match against either of you whenever you get a chance and if you win, we'll re-post with you as #1.
Until then, I'm going to let this thread die. I"m sure only about 3 of you care and those 3 are already signing up
on the new ladder anyway.

It really was Good Duels everyone, I hope to continue this competition on the new ladder. Everyone should check it out.

This post was edited by Habakkuk22 on Mar 10 2011 01:26pm
Gold: 4,874.00
Mar 10 2011 08:31pm
Challenging HeroinFiend

Quote (Habakkuk22 @ Mar 10 2011 03:25pm)
FINAL RANKINGS

#2 Host (Plague / Hybrid)/ *God/ Nightmares@jsp

#3 Lulu (Bow / Fury) / *Aesthetics / aspirations@jsp

#4 HeroinFiend (Cs) / *Tmj / 420hero@Jsp

#5 Twiztid_Java (CS / Fury) / *Twiztid_Balls / twiztidballz@jsp

#6 Afternoon (Bow / Fury/Plague) /*LynxPvP / TheLynx@jsp

#7 TeleCs (Cs) / *J0nk. / Alpha@jsp

#8 iLLSiCK (Cs) /*Dougiealldayson / HomieSlice420@jsp

#9 PowerHouse-Zon (Hybrid) / *Cas89 / Cas89@jsp

That's it guys! Thank you for the trial run providing an (All Zon vs All Zon) community.
During this intriguing exhibition we learned that Bowa vs CS is something that should only be happening on an All Class vs All Class ladder.
Here is why: Traditional ZvZ is supposed to be a test of accuracy and interprutation of your opponents movements *all at range*
Employing the use of CS completely destroys the classic dynamic of a ZvZ Ladder. (Which the classic dynamic is what we desired)

Upon this revelation that mixing CS with Bowa is just not working out for a ZvZ Ladder, this ladder has become incredibly inactive.
The only active players are all Bowas and thus a new Traditional ZvZ Ladder has been created.
You can find the link to this new Classic ZvZ here if you are interested in joining it: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=52592420&f=147&o=0#p352735602

I truley apologize specifically to Alpha and 420hero for ending this before either of you had a final challenge against me.
I will still offer 1x match against either of you whenever you get a chance and if you win, we'll re-post with you as #1.
Until then, I'm going to let this thread die. I"m sure only about 3 of you care and those 3 are already signing up
on the new ladder anyway.

It really was Good Duels everyone, I hope to continue this competition on the new ladder. Everyone should check it out.

zz if you just pmed each person whenever they were challenged they wouldn't be as inactive...

You do realize there is like 5 other bowa ladders up? Why not just keep this one going and participate on both?

This post was edited by Alpha on Mar 10 2011 08:51pm
Gold: 3,020.00
Mar 11 2011 02:58am
challenege habukk again if i can
Mar 11 2011 04:42am

Quote (Alpha @ Mar 10 2011 10:31pm)

zz if you just pmed each person whenever they were challenged they wouldn't be as inactive...
You do realize there is like 5 other bowa ladders up? Why not just keep this one going and participate on both?

First of all Alpha, I was PMing everyone per match by myself. Even though the rules state that everyone should be doing this
themselves when they issue a challenge to their own opponent. I took great lengths to promote this ladder believe it or not.

Secondly, this was the only ZvZ Ladder on USEast Ladder before AoZ14 hosted this new Bowa vs Bowa. This still is the only
other ZvZ Ladder aside from the new one being hosted by Aoz14.

Thirdly, after my last duel with Host he told me he was dropping out of this ladder to join Bowa vs Bowa. lulu has also entered and
any other bowas of this ladder are soon to follow. Everyone is leaving this ladder and the half of the roster left is going to be
very inactive.

Fourthly, this other ladder is hosted by someone who is more recognized than myself. I don't like admitting it but this ladder
will slowly deteriorate wether we like it or not. Other duelists from recognized guilds are already joining this other ladder. There are a
few reasons why none of the more *Expected* competitors showed up to our competition, these reasons are:
* Hosted by Habakkuk22 who has a November 3rd 2010 join date - ( people do not trust moderation from someone who doesn't have outstanding reputation )
* This was the first ever semi-successful All Zon vs All Zon that incorporated freestyle use of CS and Plague Javelin, this entails a few findings that need to be pointed out:
--> No one believed in this ladder, at least not the people we needed to make it a successful ongoing competition and there are reasons why:
--> If you were a CSer during this ladder, you probably found yourself having a great time chasing down and/or teleporting in for kills against a target that you were blocking 75% of the time and avoiding 69% of the time.
--> If you were a Bowa during this ladder, you probably found yourself feeling overwhelmed running away from something you couldn't block or avoid, that can kill you in 1-2 hits because of res being hard to front on an amazon.
* You guys have got to understand that Bowas and CSers are two entirely different entities. Trying to mix them together is more like an All Class vs All Class than it is a Zon vs Zon. Look, the entire point of Same Class vs Same Class
ladders is to test your skills against someone elses skills within a given classes dynamic. Let me explain this: SvS is teleporting/projectiles, NvN is teleporting/projectiles, DvD is teleporting/projectiles, BvB is Tanking/Hitting,
HvH is teleporting/hammers/some melee, my point being is that All Zon vs All Zon have to many possible build Arch-Types to create a stable Same Class vs Same Class Dynamic. The build dynamic of a Bowazon on foot
is entirely different than a teleporting CSer as is entirely different than a teleporting Bowazon.
* Ultimately we are looking at an issue concerning *game balance*. We all know that in Diablo 2 certain builds are just plain good at killing certain other builds. It's a ring around the rosie effect and you cannot escape it.
Same Class vs Same Class is supposed to be the answer to this game balance issue. In a NvN as example, no one gets the upper hand, it boils down to player experience and having the right gear. This holds true in SvS, DvD,
Trap vs Trap, HvH, BvB but this does not hold true in All Zon vs All Zon. CSers trump Bowazons, Bowazons trump Tele-Bowas and Tele-Bowas Trump CSers. You have these 3 core build arch-types but inbetween them you have
all of the random hybrid variations of these builds just to complicate the dynamic further. The result is that people are losing duels due to being trumped by a certain build arch-type and not losing duels because someone
is honestly just better than they are. People do not like losing like this.
I cannot stress to you enough that creating a ruleset for a ladder such as this is an impossible compromise. Bowas are never going to agree with CSers and CSers are never going to agree with Bowas.

On personal note: I very much enjoyed making this ladder my project and I personally feelt the rules were evolving into a sturdy form of an All Zon vs All Zon Ladder. I would say to everyone else
(Don't knock it until you've tried it). Really I thought this was pretty hardcore. This ladder pushed players to evolve more versatile amazons rather than the standard Bowa. Really if enough players
truley cared, I would gladly continue running/moderating this thread, there is no other Ladder like it.

If I am to continue moderating/promoting this thread I need help guys and I need to see more enthusiasm towards this All Zon idea. Because truth be told, this other ladder just has the promotion
that this ladder does not and when you see half our roster drop out to join the other, you'll understand.

To anyone who actually read all of this, I would appreciate your commentary on this subject.
Mar 11 2011 07:37am
Quote (Habakkuk22 @ Mar 11 2011 10:42am)
First of all Alpha, I was PMing everyone per match by myself. Even though the rules state that everyone should be doing this
themselves when they issue a challenge to their own opponent. I took great lengths to promote this ladder believe it or not.

Secondly, this was the only ZvZ Ladder on USEast Ladder before AoZ14 hosted this new Bowa vs Bowa. This still is the only
other ZvZ Ladder aside from the new one being hosted by Aoz14.

Thirdly, after my last duel with Host he told me he was dropping out of this ladder to join Bowa vs Bowa. lulu has also entered and
any other bowas of this ladder are soon to follow. Everyone is leaving this ladder and the half of the roster left is going to be
very inactive.

Fourthly, this other ladder is hosted by someone who is more recognized than myself. I don't like admitting it but this ladder
will slowly deteriorate wether we like it or not. Other duelists from recognized guilds are already joining this other ladder. There are a
few reasons why none of the more *Expected* competitors showed up to our competition, these reasons are:
* Hosted by Habakkuk22 who has a November 3rd 2010 join date - ( people do not trust moderation from someone who doesn't have outstanding reputation )
* This was the first ever semi-successful All Zon vs All Zon that incorporated freestyle use of CS and Plague Javelin, this entails a few findings that need to be pointed out:
--> No one believed in this ladder, at least not the people we needed to make it a successful ongoing competition and there are reasons why:
--> If you were a CSer during this ladder, you probably found yourself having a great time chasing down and/or teleporting in for kills against a target that you were blocking 75% of the time and avoiding 69% of the time.
--> If you were a Bowa during this ladder, you probably found yourself feeling overwhelmed running away from something you couldn't block or avoid, that can kill you in 1-2 hits because of res being hard to front on an amazon.
* You guys have got to understand that Bowas and CSers are two entirely different entities. Trying to mix them together is more like an All Class vs All Class than it is a Zon vs Zon. Look, the entire point of Same Class vs Same Class
ladders is to test your skills against someone elses skills within a given classes dynamic. Let me explain this: SvS is teleporting/projectiles, NvN is teleporting/projectiles, DvD is teleporting/projectiles, BvB is Tanking/Hitting,
HvH is teleporting/hammers/some melee, my point being is that All Zon vs All Zon have to many possible build Arch-Types to create a stable Same Class vs Same Class Dynamic. The build dynamic of a Bowazon on foot
is entirely different than a teleporting CSer as is entirely different than a teleporting Bowazon.
* Ultimately we are looking at an issue concerning *game balance*. We all know that in Diablo 2 certain builds are just plain good at killing certain other builds. It's a ring around the rosie effect and you cannot escape it.
Same Class vs Same Class is supposed to be the answer to this game balance issue. In a NvN as example, no one gets the upper hand, it boils down to player experience and having the right gear. This holds true in SvS, DvD,
Trap vs Trap, HvH, BvB but this does not hold true in All Zon vs All Zon. CSers trump Bowazons, Bowazons trump Tele-Bowas and Tele-Bowas Trump CSers. You have these 3 core build arch-types but inbetween them you have
all of the random hybrid variations of these builds just to complicate the dynamic further. The result is that people are losing duels due to being trumped by a certain build arch-type and not losing duels because someone
is honestly just better than they are. People do not like losing like this.
I cannot stress to you enough thatcreating a ruleset for a ladder such as this is an impossible compromise. Bowas are never going to agree with CSers and CSers are never going to agree with Bowas.

On personal note: I very much enjoyed making this ladder my project and I personally feelt the rules were evolving into a sturdy form of an All Zon vs All Zon Ladder. I would say to everyone else
(Don't knock it until you've tried it). Really I thought this was pretty hardcore. This ladder pushed players to evolve more versatile amazons rather than the standard Bowa. Really if enough players
truley cared, I would gladly continue running/moderating this thread, there is no other Ladder like it.

If I am to continue moderating/promoting this thread I need help guys and I need to see more enthusiasm towards this All Zon idea. Because truth be told, this other ladder just has the promotion
that this ladder does not and when you see half our roster drop out to join the other, you'll understand.

To anyone who actually read all of this, I would appreciate your commentary on this subject.

It was fun while it lasted, but as you said, with most of the bowas going to be strictly on the bow v bow ladder this one will slowly die, this was a first that ive seen and it was fun to get in on the action, the rule set worked great and really evened out the playing imo.
Gold: 0.00
May 4 2011 11:48am
so 40 life rep and psn is legal and have to have +175 light res to get max in hell?

This post was edited by FuknHeadSplit on May 4 2011 11:50am
Go Back To Legit Dueling Topic List
Prev136373839Next
Add Reply New Topic