d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Archived Games > Heroes of Newerth > General Hon Chat
Prev1273827392740274127423161Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 535.00
Apr 28 2012 05:58pm
Quote (sMACKTRiCKz @ Apr 29 2012 05:08am)
Now, allow me to list the reasons why the game I just posted differed positively from most public HoN games I played.

1) At the start, both QoP and I wanted to go mid. I let him go at first and went top. When I realized they had 3 top and Invoker stood no chance, I just walked straight to mid. QoP didn't cry, spam ping, threaten to feed, or flame. He just left mid lane and went top because he knew it was best for the game.
2) Nobody once flamed eachother in teamchat. We made plenty of mistakes and dumb plays, but people either kept quiet or made suggestions (e.g. "buy smokes and gank").
3) In my average HoN pub stomp game, I would pick monkey king, own my lane because hatchet + shield is super overpowered vs. range and no accommodations have been made by S2 to account for this since the hatchet change. I would then proceed to roll my face over the keyboard and perform the same dumb combo over and over to kill my opponents and win the game. In this game, I got to play a hero with nine (?) spells who can do dynamic combos and alter his spell composition to cater to individual situations. This requires skill and is fun and challenging since some spell combos are better than others in certain situations, and changing them on-the-fly and positioning everything correctly is difficult yet rewarding.
4) Our supports (mainly chen, partially pudge) bought courier and wards and smokes throughout the game without being asked to.
5) People built the correct items to help the team. Chen and Pudge got pipe & mek because these items are very necessary in teamfights. QoP got veil to synergize with my spell damage.
6) At the end of the game, everyone said "gg" and "wp" to eachother, and enemy team even complimented me and Pudge for playing well.

Funny thing is, this isn't a one-in-a-million occurence in Dota2. I'd say around 40% of my SOLO pub games go like this. Not everybody is high skilled, and not everybody has a huge amount of knowledge about the game, but most people at least make an effort to play correctly and work together. It's like people finally realized that though flaming and trolling is fun on smurfs and in the short run, overall a team game is much more enjoyable if people act maturely and try to work together.

My first game of dota 2 was exactly the same as hon...people raging and crying everywhere.
Gold: 9,150.00
Apr 28 2012 06:23pm
just took a dump on reelo and fittske ^_^

This post was edited by The_Darkness_II on Apr 28 2012 06:24pm
Gold: 65.00
Apr 28 2012 06:26pm
Wanting opinions on some Torturer Skillbuilds/Items based on Situations [1750+ player/mid].

If mid vs most melees, i max 1 and 2 [w/ Phase/Gravelocket/PSupply/RoT/Nullstone|Bkb/Tablet/Sheep]
If mid vs range, i max 1 and 3 [w/ Treads/Gravelocket/PSupply/RoT/Nullstone|Bkb/Tablet|Sheep]
If solo lane, i max 3/2 [w/ 1 into 1]. [w/ Treads/Nomes/Tablet/Nullstone|Bkb/Sheep]

I tend to go w/ the second one more often then the others, unless i'm soloing and sometimes i get PK depending on the situation of the game.

I've been playing him like ^ for a long while now, just curious what everyone else does mainly for mid.

Gold: 0.00
Apr 28 2012 07:03pm
Ghost marchers are trash on tort, get steam boots or greaves. Greaves might be better than steam since greaves will help you push to make up for the W skill nerf.

If you want the mobility of ghost marchers get a portal key as your first major item.

If you're not maxing your E with tort you're playing the hero wrong, E is torts best early game skill.

Max E then W in most situations, obviously get 1 point into the stun (Q) during the first 4 levels.

You only kill shit scrubs with W, so that's why you don't max it first, but you max it second to get the tower.

Spam E for harass/cs and clearing the creeps so you can get the rune.

If you're in a lane and paired up with a hero that has strong early game nukes, you can max Q/E to get kills.

As for items, PK into sheep is really strong. If you're sidelane tort tablet is a fine choice. All the items you suggested are fine. Items are really situational.
Gold: 894.00
Apr 28 2012 07:11pm
Quote (sMACKTRiCKz @ Apr 29 2012 04:08am)
Now, allow me to list the reasons why the game I just posted differed positively from most public HoN games I played.

1) At the start, both QoP and I wanted to go mid. I let him go at first and went top. When I realized they had 3 top and Invoker stood no chance, I just walked straight to mid. QoP didn't cry, spam ping, threaten to feed, or flame. He just left mid lane and went top because he knew it was best for the game.
2) Nobody once flamed eachother in teamchat. We made plenty of mistakes and dumb plays, but people either kept quiet or made suggestions (e.g. "buy smokes and gank").
3) In my average HoN pub stomp game, I would pick monkey king, own my lane because hatchet + shield is super overpowered vs. range and no accommodations have been made by S2 to account for this since the hatchet change. I would then proceed to roll my face over the keyboard and perform the same dumb combo over and over to kill my opponents and win the game. In this game, I got to play a hero with nine (?) spells who can do dynamic combos and alter his spell composition to cater to individual situations. This requires skill and is fun and challenging since some spell combos are better than others in certain situations, and changing them on-the-fly and positioning everything correctly is difficult yet rewarding.
4) Our supports (mainly chen, partially pudge) bought courier and wards and smokes throughout the game without being asked to.
5) People built the correct items to help the team. Chen and Pudge got pipe & mek because these items are very necessary in teamfights. QoP got veil to synergize with my spell damage.
6) At the end of the game, everyone said "gg" and "wp" to eachother, and enemy team even complimented me and Pudge for playing well.

Funny thing is, this isn't a one-in-a-million occurence in Dota2. I'd say around 40% of my SOLO pub games go like this. Not everybody is high skilled, and not everybody has a huge amount of knowledge about the game, but most people at least make an effort to play correctly and work together. It's like people finally realized that though flaming and trolling is fun on smurfs and in the short run, overall a team game is much more enjoyable if people act maturely and try to work together.

theres no stats on dota
therefor no reason to rage when ur team sucks fucking ass and is feeding them which will inturn fuck ur stats up

Gold: 8.00
Apr 28 2012 07:12pm
midnight
Gold: 90,654.00
Apr 28 2012 07:33pm
Quote (sMACKTRiCKz @ 28 Apr 2012 21:08)

it's actually same thing in hon but i think 50% of games are trolls
Gold: 9,150.00
Apr 28 2012 07:36pm
a game rly without trolls/flamers/griefers/kids getting mad at hon happens like once out of 10-20 games for me :>
on the other hand, in my 2 dota 2 games no one said any word, which was even worse imo lol
Gold: 90,654.00
Apr 28 2012 08:36pm
tried gunblade first time and built genjuro , shieldbreaker, shrunken and savage holy shit his burst is insane
with SH on I could almost kill their whole team by myself
Gold: 40.00
Warn: 50%
Apr 28 2012 09:32pm
hondown?
Go Back To Heroes of Newerth Topic List
Prev1273827392740274127423161Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll