d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Archived Games > Heroes of Newerth > General Hon Chat
Prev1273727382739274027413161Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40,847.70
Apr 28 2012 12:08pm
Now, allow me to list the reasons why the game I just posted differed positively from most public HoN games I played.

1) At the start, both QoP and I wanted to go mid. I let him go at first and went top. When I realized they had 3 top and Invoker stood no chance, I just walked straight to mid. QoP didn't cry, spam ping, threaten to feed, or flame. He just left mid lane and went top because he knew it was best for the game.
2) Nobody once flamed eachother in teamchat. We made plenty of mistakes and dumb plays, but people either kept quiet or made suggestions (e.g. "buy smokes and gank").
3) In my average HoN pub stomp game, I would pick monkey king, own my lane because hatchet + shield is super overpowered vs. range and no accommodations have been made by S2 to account for this since the hatchet change. I would then proceed to roll my face over the keyboard and perform the same dumb combo over and over to kill my opponents and win the game. In this game, I got to play a hero with nine (?) spells who can do dynamic combos and alter his spell composition to cater to individual situations. This requires skill and is fun and challenging since some spell combos are better than others in certain situations, and changing them on-the-fly and positioning everything correctly is difficult yet rewarding.
4) Our supports (mainly chen, partially pudge) bought courier and wards and smokes throughout the game without being asked to.
5) People built the correct items to help the team. Chen and Pudge got pipe & mek because these items are very necessary in teamfights. QoP got veil to synergize with my spell damage.
6) At the end of the game, everyone said "gg" and "wp" to eachother, and enemy team even complimented me and Pudge for playing well.

Funny thing is, this isn't a one-in-a-million occurence in Dota2. I'd say around 40% of my SOLO pub games go like this. Not everybody is high skilled, and not everybody has a huge amount of knowledge about the game, but most people at least make an effort to play correctly and work together. It's like people finally realized that though flaming and trolling is fun on smurfs and in the short run, overall a team game is much more enjoyable if people act maturely and try to work together.

This post was edited by sMACKTRiCKz on Apr 28 2012 12:09pm
Gold: 0.51
Apr 28 2012 12:19pm
Quote (sMACKTRiCKz @ Apr 28 2012 02:08pm)
Now, allow me to list the reasons why the game I just posted differed positively from most public HoN games I played.

1) At the start, both QoP and I wanted to go mid. I let him go at first and went top. When I realized they had 3 top and Invoker stood no chance, I just walked straight to mid. QoP didn't cry, spam ping, threaten to feed, or flame. He just left mid lane and went top because he knew it was best for the game.
2) Nobody once flamed eachother in teamchat. We made plenty of mistakes and dumb plays, but people either kept quiet or made suggestions (e.g. "buy smokes and gank").
3) In my average HoN pub stomp game, I would pick monkey king, own my lane because hatchet + shield is super overpowered vs. range and no accommodations have been made by S2 to account for this since the hatchet change. I would then proceed to roll my face over the keyboard and perform the same dumb combo over and over to kill my opponents and win the game. In this game, I got to play a hero with nine (?) spells who can do dynamic combos and alter his spell composition to cater to individual situations. This requires skill and is fun and challenging since some spell combos are better than others in certain situations, and changing them on-the-fly and positioning everything correctly is difficult yet rewarding.
4) Our supports (mainly chen, partially pudge) bought courier and wards and smokes throughout the game without being asked to.
5) People built the correct items to help the team. Chen and Pudge got pipe & mek because these items are very necessary in teamfights. QoP got veil to synergize with my spell damage.
6) At the end of the game, everyone said "gg" and "wp" to eachother, and enemy team even complimented me and Pudge for playing well.

Funny thing is, this isn't a one-in-a-million occurence in Dota2. I'd say around 40% of my SOLO pub games go like this. Not everybody is high skilled, and not everybody has a huge amount of knowledge about the game, but most people at least make an effort to play correctly and work together. It's like people finally realized that though flaming and trolling is fun on smurfs and in the short run, overall a team game is much more enjoyable if people act maturely and try to work together.

i think the reason flaming and people being so selfish in hon is they came from dota with the idea that they are superior.
Gold: Locked
Apr 28 2012 12:27pm
Quote (sMACKTRiCKz @ 28 Apr 2012 12:08)

Aren't you guilty of trolling in HoN more than the average guy though? You've trolled a lot more than most people I've seen, to be honest.
Apr 28 2012 12:45pm
Quote (Ectasy @ Apr 28 2012 07:27pm)
Aren't you guilty of trolling in HoN more than the average guy though? You've trolled a lot more than most people I've seen, to be honest.

In HoN yes, in Dota2, no.
Apr 28 2012 12:51pm
hej pirat i have a proposition for you, come skajpe
Gold: 164,697.50
Apr 28 2012 12:54pm
Quote (sMACKTRiCKz @ 28 Apr 2012 19:51)
hej pirat i have a proposition for you, come skajpe

i am onliner@skajper

but sw is about to end and will be farming ^_^
Gold: Locked
Apr 28 2012 12:56pm
I bet more and more trolling will pop up on dota 2, as trolling facilitates more trolling and HoN's slow death will make the rats jump ship
Gold: 0.00
Apr 28 2012 01:48pm
people trolled in war3 dota, i don't get why dota 2 will get any better unless valve excessively bans people
Gold: 0.51
Apr 28 2012 02:04pm
rick

"you are not allowed to message this user"
Gold: 0.00
Apr 28 2012 02:34pm
oops
Go Back To Heroes of Newerth Topic List
Prev1273727382739274027413161Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll